Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #1  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

Default i cant believe it IS butter..that i just ate

OHHHHHHHHH my goodness, I have been SO good the last 2 weeks and tonight, i blew it all.......

i just ate my regular like 1450 cals for the day then i somehow talked myself into eating a half a can of pringles THEN i ate 6 waffles......6 of them!!!!that is insane!!!!!!! with butter and syrup......i cannot believe it
i had to come on here and post this to make myself accountable to come see the replys in the morning and realize that i can do this....that it was just one slip up....
this is usually how my diet will end...i will binge eat then i will just give up....not this time...i refuse.....
i cant believe what i just ate
i am so disgusted with myself thanks for listening to me rant guys!!!
cupcake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I just wanted to say, that for you weight you should be eating more the 1450 cal a day - at 215 pounds I was eating close to 2000 cals a day and still losing 2.2 pounds a week (with exercise).

It could be that you body is hungry, starving for food... and that is why you ate soo much.

But one day wont ruin your plan
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:53 PM   #3  
MeoW

sotypical-that is what i thought but most places that i looked said to eat like 1200 cals a day to lose a pound a week or something like that, thats probably based of a 130lb person though....good point on my body being hungry, i never thought of that
Old 12-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #4  
Stronger Than Yesterday

Hi Cupcake (cute name )
Sorry to hear that.. I have gone through the same thing with cookies. Make sure you write down somewhere how eating that food made you feel so next time you are wanting that food you can reflect on the end result.
Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Don't give up! You can do this!
juliebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:42 PM   #5  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

OK, Cupcake, you had a momentary loss of control......BUT you've looked at it, recognized it, acknowledged it, and fessed up! Time to put it behind you and keep plugging away. One day is not going to make or break your new lifestyle unless you let it, and I don't see that happening!

I too would reevaluate your daily calories, and maybe check out some other eating plans. I really think that your body finally said hey look, I'm starving, GIVE ME FOOD! and you were in no shape to fight it! After you have a little more control again, you may also want to have some LF/FF options around so that you can have some of those yummies once in a great while. My kiddos and I actually like the lowfat syrup much better than regular syrup, and with all the low fat/fat free pancake mixes, etc, you can have a pancake or waffle once in awhile and still stay on plan. Just takes some planning!

Good luck, and remember, tomorrow's a new day....jump back on that wagon!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

I agree with everyone about the calories. I'm currently at 227 and have found myself comfortable with about 1800 calories a day and have been losing 2-3 pounds per week.
I also had a slip up on Monday night as well.... not with waffels but with cheese cake and alcohol (my second worse vice from food) Aside from dealing with an extremely nasty hangover on Tuesday I came here, posted, and owned up to it. I also didn't let myself slip into the old faithful hangover foods...the mid afternoon cheeseburger and fries or worse chinese takeout! My feeling is by admitting and owning up to my night that it won't own me and it won't break what I'm trying to do. I immediatly got back on plan and have steered clear of any and all bars and am still going strong.
I think you've taken the right step by taking ownership of the waffle event and taking the appropriate steps to not let it end your plan. One slip up will not be the end of what you are doing if you don't let it and it sounds like you won't let it. Move on past it and keep on truckin!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I used to binge when I didn't eat enough during the day. Another thing to consider is the Pringles factor - if I'm a hungry, a snack of pure carbs is like using gasoline to put out a fire. If I'm really hungry at night, I try to snack on something really filling, especially with protein.

Night time binge control suggestions:
  • Eat enough during the day, don't go too long without eating
  • Try to eat at least 100 grams of protein a day
  • Try to eat enough healthy fat a day (nuts, nut butters, olive oil, avocados, salmon)
  • Keep healthy snacks on hand, stuff that works for me: piece of whole grain toast with peanut butter, cottage cheese with fruit, hummus with veggies, handful of trail mix
  • Keep busy - call your mom, write a letter, walk the dog, do some laundry
  • Keep junk food completely out of the house
  • Brush teeth
  • Keep a "before" picture on the frig
  • Call for support - call a friend, post here
  • If you eat offplan, do not restrict the next day to "make up for it" - just go back to your plan and eat a healthy number of calories for the day. The worst thing I ever did was restrict...binge...restrict...binge...restrict...b inge - it's an ugly cycle that feeds itself
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:43 AM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

ditto the 1450 being too low, dont want to kill metabolism

and one day does not a downfall make, just pick yourself up and keep going

and...remove temptation from your home. "no fail environment"
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:00 AM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. But, I used to do this sometimes too. First off, forgive yourself and move on. You know what happened. I once ate 4 lg. pieces of chocolate cake one night since changing my lifestyle. I learned from the mistake and hope to never let it happen again. Hugs to you, this can be done and you can do it.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Believe me, we have all been there. Guilt and self-disgust are wasted emotions so just think it could have been worse..like TWO cans of pringles..and get back to plan from there. Actually I am amazed you were able to stick with the low caloric intake for 2 weeks. I wish I could stay below 1900 without becoming very hungry and bad tempered. Mind you, I am exercising regularly and weight lifting has always made me very hungry (unfortunately). I bet DH or one of the kids (if applicable) brought those wretched pringles into the house! THe other day I "binged" on 3 unplanned chips ahoy cookies and 1 1/2 (I put half of the second handful back would you believe) handfuls of potato chips. I just felt, at that moment, why not since DH is eating this and I was "good" all day! Last week I had some of his ice cream. Normally though I snack on individually wrapped high protein snacks I purchase off the internet. Even if I have 4, I might minimize the damage to 400 to 600 unplanned calories (OK, that is actually very high and very bad) but that also have other nutrients such as 10 to 15 grams of protein per snack and no trans fats etc. These Fred's Muffins (very expensive though) are really good for binging as they only have 100 calories per muffin so you can have 4 in a row and not feel too badly about it yet it does still have the "feel" of the binge you are desiring (to just eat and eat just for the taste and texture and not for nourishment). Best of luck to you in getting back on track!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #11  
MeoW

Wow guys, thanks for all the great advice!!!! I had no idea that I could eat that much and still lose weight!!! Ive been basically living off salads for like 2 weeks lol im such a dork!

You guys are all awesome and thank you so much for your support...today is a new day!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:17 PM   #12  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake84 View Post
sotypical-that is what i thought but most places that i looked said to eat like 1200 cals a day to lose a pound a week or something like that, thats probably based of a 130lb person though....good point on my body being hungry, i never thought of that

I go by this for my daily calories.
http://nutrition.about.com/library/b...tion_guide.htm

I currently eat between 1500-1700 and I am still losing around a pound a week. But I do exercise an hour a day.

One thing I do that helps me, is yo-yo my calories, so have a few low days and around 1300 and then a high day around 1800... this also helps to allow trest meals
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #13  
MeoW

thanks for that site....it said for my weight my cals for the day should be around 1916.2 to lose a pound a week without exercise...that is so much more than what i was eating
i am like religious about entering things into fitday and i cant believe how much food i can actually eat, i am like second guessing myself over portions and like measuring everything twice. I had no idea i could eat so much and still lose weight....i guess i was just eating all the wrong things! I am excited now haha

THANKS