Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #1  

Default HEY! Something's workin'

Hi! I have lost 7 pounds! This is huge for me. I haven't been able to lose weight in I don't know how long. Anyway, I went to the doctor and they gave me some breathing test (as well as blood work - which was fine). The breathing test was able to determine my metabolism rate and how many calories I burn while at rest. This gave me an idea of how many calories I need to have to maintain my weight and how many if I want to lose.

For me (and I'm sure it's diffrent with everybody), I think my problem was EITHER going with too few calories - didn't lose - OR following a diet plan (like South Beach or Atkins) where you don't count calories and I'm guessing I ate too many calories of healthier things.

Anyway, I'm excited to at least be on the right track and wanted to share with someone.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/251/145

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations!!!!! That's AWESOME news! Here's a victory dance for you

It looks like you've figured out your 'magic equation'. Keep it up!! I look forward to seeing lots more posts like this from you in the future!!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:27 PM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I believe everyone has to find their own special formula....looks like you found yours! Way to go!
Old 12-07-2006, 08:54 AM   #4  
Aleecia

That's great! Keep up the good work.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:06 PM   #5  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

That's fantastic! I am so happy for you, it's so wonderful to see weight loss, and when you first start it is just so motivating! Good for you!
Closed Thread