Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-06-2006, 09:55 AM   #1  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Default STILL trying to get started

Hi, everyone,

I posted here a little while ago. I am STILL trying to get started (you can see my earlier post, if you care to read about me ). I am just bouncing around. Saw a personal trainer, got excited, but realized her plan is way too drastic and stressful. I think I kind of know what I need to do, but am scared to trust my own way. Just wanted to stay in touch. Time to go to work ---yuck!!! My job is stressful and sedentary and I just found out I didn't get a job I really wanted, which would have helped a lot. Anyhow, I will NOT give up. Take care. Hope everyone has a good day.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

It takes a while to work out the kinks and get in the groove. My first "serious" month (this past Oct) I was just up and down, with very little (if any) net weight loss at month's end. But I did start tracking my calories, changing my diet based on my calorie counting, and working out religiously 4 times per week (rather than a sporadic 1 to 4 times). I am now starting to see results. My body looks sooo much better already, especially from returning to weight lifting..soon yours will too! Don't be hard on yourself, just use the next month to fine tune your program and ease into your weight loss program. What was the trainer's program that you found too difficult, perhaps we can advise on that. Also, try the calorie counters forum, the ladies in there are very helpful. Best of luck.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:10 AM   #3  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Well even making moderate changes might make enough of a difference to start seeing some results! WHat are some small changes you would like to start with? What are some things you would like to hang onto for a while? Like for me it took me along time to limit my portions and to quit eating potatoes more than once a week. The walking was something I immediately started, changing to chicken breast more often than red meat and limiting myself to once out to eat and sugary soda only once a week were changes I made immediately. It took me a while to build my walking up, to only have potatoes once a week, to start counting cals, etc. I now only drink diet a few times a week and usually drink water or crystal light. I am going to be switching now to green tea as well! Good luck!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Kathy honey, you're just thinking too big! You don't have to go full time to a gym for a personally designed hour long programme to be started. Nor do you have to eat perfectly from this moment on for the rest of forever.
At lunch today ... leave something on your plate ... wander a bit ... stretch ... put a bit of a bounce in your step on the way to the bathroom ... there ... you've started!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #5  

You might enjoy the IE link.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=93470&page=26
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Kathy, first of all, you have to believe for yourself that you can do it! Then, you have to give yourself the time to do it. Do it your way if you like (I know I don't like people telling me what to do or what to eat!).
Good luck!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote