South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default W????? Wednesday Chat - December 6

W? was about as witty as I could get today. W for wishful? W for wondering? W for with it YES! That's a good one.

The sniffles have dropped in for a visit but am heading them off with Vitamin C. I think it's mainly psychological as it was darned cold in the back room last night and The Girls and I could not get warm. Some nights the woodstove keep all the heat for itself! It was 10 C or 50F out there all evening. Winter is here.

I got the last of my gift shopping done yesterday! I do have some gift cards to get and some odds and ends for Tayler's stocking. Now to wrap and plan and make my goodie baskets. The calendar is filling up but I refuse to get my knickers in a knot over "stuff" and the only way for me to keep them un-knotted is to be organized.

Hershey and I are off to do pet therapy at noon but I will spend the rest of the day on wrapping and decorating. The tree will probably go up this weekend but I need to do the outdoor lights first. The tree goes in front of the door to the front porch so it needs to wait. I think I'll wait for a slightly warmer day to do the outdoor lights!

Time for another coffee and then I'll hustle the trash out to the road - after bundling up, of course.

How's your W???? Wednesday shaping up?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:03 AM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Hey Ruth
Wednesday is great here so far
I am so excited to have the decorating done here, but shopping is no where near finished yet...It will be soon though Diet wise everything is going great, My hubby took me to a buffet yesterday and I had a huge salad and some baked chicken and cooked cabbage and green beans so I feel really good about that, He had a huge piece of chocolate cake and I had him smiling so big while he ate it that he could hardly eat it ( out of guilt of course) PLUS my dads ex girlfriend made 3 containers full of homeade holiday candy plus rice crispy treats for my house and I can honestly say that I ate a mouse nibble of a rice crispy treat and stayed away from all the other stuff, I will have to post that on the proud board Hope you all have a great day on the Beach....
Old 12-06-2006, 08:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Christian - Great job staying OP! Truly awesome.

Ruth - Vitamin C is a great thing, so impressed that you are done with your shopping, hope to get some accomplished today

Doing pretty well over here, my newest food obsession is mixing raw spinach and black beans in a bowl and nuking it and then sticking salsa on top of that, been my side dish of choice for a bout a week.

Was feeling kinda down last night, belly was feeling huge, spent some time gazing naked in the mirror trying to figure out if I could see the different in my body... started looking through some old pics and was shocked to the point of creating a "me so far" before and now pic-thread. It's below of ya'll want to see the me before and me now.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/form/showthread.php?t=99360

Hoping to get some holiday shopping accomplished today. My sis and I went and picked out about 5 different combinations of yarn as I am paying for materials and she is doing the knitting so we can give scarves away for Christmas. Feel bad almost cause my end is a little bit too easy, but it's what she truly wants to do.

Picking up a gift cert for my boyfriend today, a 1 1/2 hour massage as he's been complaining for about 3 years that he needs a massage.

Enough rambling for me. Have a great day!

Sarah
Old 12-06-2006, 08:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sarahslacker, Your boyfriend is one lucky guy, I could really really use a message right now! Ahhhhhh! But then I would be done for, for the rest of the day!

Christian, your willpower is amazing! You are going to reach your goal before you know it!

Ruth, Hurray for getting your shopping done! Isn't that a good feeling? I just have to get one more gift for my son and DIL, then I'll be done. Problem is, I just have no idea whatsoever what to get them! I'm planning a "Grandma & Me" shopping day for my oldest GD, Caitlyn, so she can pick out an outfit for herself. We'll make a day of it and have lunch out, too.

I finished my cards last night and got them in the mail this morning, and now I'm mixing up some cookie doughs and refrigerating them until I'm ready to bake them. Doing things a little at a time is the only way I'm going to get any baking done this year. I'm just taking a break now for a cup of coffee and some breakfast, then it's back to the kitchen! I think I'll put on some chili in the crockpot, too, for tonight. It's pretty brisk outside, so that will taste good for supper.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #5  

Ruth! All done Christmas shopping! I haven't even started I haven't even mailed out my Christmas Cards to everyone yet - yanno, this happens every single year that I mail them out last minute.. I should just send out Happy New Years cards.. I've already put some christmas lights up, but Murphy's Law says that half of my lights wont work after they're up and looking pretty - and that's exactly what happened

Sorry to hear about your sniffles, Vitamin C and lot's of Green Tea always keeps my sniffles and flu's away, I swear by it! Hope you feel better!

Christian what an inspiration you are! Congrats! Hope to see some before and after pictures soon!

sarahslacker, I have never been able to stomach spinach.. I can only eat it raw and in salads or on sandwiches for some reason.. I just plain hate most vegetables lol, but I choke them down.. I might have to steal your obsession and try it though.

Keep your chin up! You look amazing in your icon picture, whether that be even a before, after, during whatever! And btw, why not pick up one of those massage coupons for yourself

I have NOTHING to do today, and I'm stuck in the house for the most part since us college kids have not alot of cash, and my car has.. not alot of gas! haha, I'm definately going to keep myself busy and keep from that boredom eating.. and since the bathroom is all of 5 feet away I'll chug water like nobody's business.. Maybe even get in some exercise, I think I'm past the whole "sluggish and crappy" Phase I symptoms.. we'll seeeee! If not, laundry here I comeee!

PS: My new obsession? Black coffee with a packet of NSA Hot Chocolate.. ohmygosh it's hot deep dark chocolate heaven. I'm hooked!
Old 12-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #6  

Morning Chickies!

Ruth- It sounds like so much fun at your place, with all your decorating and shopping.. I could probably skip the 10 degree weather, but other than that sounds like I could get more into the Christmas spirit at your place.

Christian- For staying OP and resisting chocolate cake!! Restaurants can be hard and when you do well it feels so good!

Sarah- Lucky you for getting off so easy with your Christmas gifts, and who doesn't love a scarf.. great idea! For some reason when I click on your link to see your pics it will not work, but I am going to try again.

Cottage- Sounds like you have a great day planned with your baking and making chili for dinner, actually gives me an idea to do the same. Have fun today!

Firefly- Good idea with the water chugging, I think everyone could probably use more water, I know I can. Although it may seem boring, enjoy your day in and your new drink obsession sounds good!

Me- Went to the gym a little later this morning and had an ok workout, and am happy that the scale FINALLY moved a little, today marks a week that I have been back on Phase I and I lost 5lbs. Not my usual loss but hey at least it is something. Will take Grandma to the doc today and who knows what else! Have a good day ladies!
Old 12-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #7  

Hey Ruth.. you posted a lot of W's.. have you started drinking yet haha
Old 12-06-2006, 10:26 AM   #8  

Here's that pic of my baby with Santa that I said I was going to post.

and here is one just for fun! I took this pic of him 2 nights ago, I was bored lol

Old 12-06-2006, 10:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Deftones, your baby is the absolute most adorable baby!!!!!! Treasure each moment with him, times goes by too quickly.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #10  

Deftones - What an adorable baby!

My afternoon got changed yesterday when they had a water mail break in front of the school and they shut down the after school day care so I had to pick up Brian at 3. They also postponed their Blue Ribbon reception from last night to tonight. I'm going to have DH take Brian after they get done with gymnastics because I AM going to get a workout in. Errands took too long on Monday so I didn't workout then and I will do it today.

Lots of work but I'll try to pop back in later. I did make progress with my newsletter for the Christmas cards. It's fully designed (two pages back and front) and all printed except for one side of 20 copies. So I need to start folding it and signing cards and putting on labels tonight. I need to stop and buy 90 stamps today. Brian offered to help and I plan on letting him help this year. I normally get no help from DH which is why I am having him take Brian tonight so I can get stuff done. I also need to practice the presentation I am giving on Saturday. There is just no time! Oh, I got asked to be on a North Trail District Committee Member at Large which means I get to vote on district events. It should be fun and is only 4 meetings a year. I can handle that.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #11  

Thanks ladies!
Old 12-06-2006, 12:24 PM   #12  

Yeah I can't get my link to work either, maybe I'm doing someting wrong? Anyways, it's under mini-goals subject is "30 pounds lost."

Cottage - You sound super productive! Congrats on getting your cards done.

Deftones - BEAUTIFUL baby! Not sure why the link isn't working.

Fireflynova - Thanks for the sweet compliments. Boredom gets me too when it comes to eating, exercise definitely helps! So does planning and lots of healthy snacks, yaaay!

Barb - Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, hope you have a great day!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #13  
Slimwithin

I'm stuck at home today waiting for a delivery. They promised between 9am and 5pm. They sure give themselves a lot of leeway.
So, I will be working on finishing my Xmas cards, doing some house cleaning and perhaps bake some shortbread (which will get hidden immediately, of course).
I'm on a Phase 2 day today and allowed myself 1 slice of grainy toast with a poached egg, 2 chicken sausages and 4 oz of V8 juice for my breakfast.

Lunch will be a mixed salad with turkey breast and avocado with lf dressing and a few pecans.

Snack: hummus with raw veggies (love jicama strips these days)

Supper: I am still thinking about it. lol
Old 12-06-2006, 06:31 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies! How are we all doing? I'm very excited about having a day off tomorrow! Of course, I have to go to the bank, teach piano, get my hair done, Christmas shop, and unpack my Grandma who is finally moving into her apartment, but it still is a day off!

I would like to announce that I have officially hit my 30 lb mark. This is the least I've weighed in 7 years. It took awhile, but I finally hit it. Only 7 lbs to go before Key West, and only 5 more after that for goal! WAHOO! I see it ahead, barely, but I see it. Just wanted to share my excitement.

Well, need to look at recipes with Terry so we can start making healthy dinners together and then I need to eat something! Hope you all have a great night.

Lisa
Old 12-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #15  

Hey Weezle - Was just thinking about ya the other day! Sounds like you are on track and that's awesome! I know how the 30 pound mark feels, and actually only have 10 left so our goals a pretty similar. Never been to Key West but I love the beach, sure you'll have a BLAST! When's your trip?
Closed Thread