S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Chick Chat Dec 4-10/06

Morning

Fresh start for me this morning!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Robin: Have a good day!

Well, I need to quit going on the scale so much. It was up a pound so I was disappointed...then realised there's NO reason for it to be up and to just quit going by the scale so much. So I'm 1 weekend cheat free for a change!! WAHOO!!

WATP= Walking Away The Pounds (exercise video by Leslie Sansone)
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:06 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I'm getting ready to take DD for her Gallbladder ultrasound this morning.
It is 24degrees outside and I'm freezing.
I am back on program with my eating and exercise. Not quite there with the water. All I seem to want is coffee.
Robin, WTG on getting a fresh start.
Brenda, WTG on the cheat free weekend.
I weighed yesterday and scale is still down, so my wt. is doing OK.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Robin: Good luck - be tough.

Lilly: Hang in there, things have to get better. Hope all goes well with DD.

Well, believe it or not, I spent the night being granny's sitter last night. A no fall night I might add. She falls about once a day. Did my part. She of course has a kitchen full of food (you know, southern tradition, when the chips are down send a casserole). I successfully avoided peach cobbler, chicken and dumplins (oh God that was hard), veggie soup, mashed potatoes, slaw (sweetened of course), cookies, chocolate cake... I did eat a piece of meatloaf - it didn't even have ketchup on top and didn't taste sweet, so I think it was a good choice. It took literally all the willpower I have. She thinks she always just HAS to feed me. phew. I go back in a few days for my next turn. Must prepare myself. This time I took a salad and a couple snacks along - must do the same again!
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:42 AM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

You GO with your Fresh-Start Self, robin! I'm Fresh-Starting too - on my exercise goals - I've got the low carb eating plan under control (for now LOL! ) . . . but this ice storm has been a convenient excuse to slow down on intentional exercise.

I did make an effort yesterday, as my RAMS lost to the worst team in the league - to do floor exercise for almost an hour! Then, when our Playoff Hopes/Season Ended - I walked 12 blocks to blow off steam. Not sure if ye olde heart rate got up - 'cause I had to be so careful on the ice - but it sure cleared my head.

I had a no-cheat weekend too brendanerb - and getting my PSYCHED back on! I've seen you mention "WATP" a lot - as have others here @ 3FC - it must be a good walking thing? I listen to audio books from the library - whether I'm walking or in the gym cause I need my mind to go ELSEWHERE. Thinking though- that I may need to pick it up a bit when I walk/heart rate etc. Do you recommend this WATP?

I'm coffee'ing up lately too lilyb - think its the cold - we're freezing here too! Will be thinking of you and DD today - glad your scale is down! I'm gonna WI at the gym tonite and also Friday, I think. Don't want to rely on it too much - or let it affect my moods either - but am so curious right now!

One more thing - WTG ArkieKel!! Not sure if I could be strong enuf to resist my granny & goodies at this point and admire you for doing so!

Last edited by aud; 12-05-2006 at 03:45 AM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #6  
lilybelle

Hi everyone.

I hate weighing myself. Because everytime I see the scale go down a couple more lbs. I think, "well, I'm way below my goal, so I can afford to eat more". Then the lbs. come right back and I'm back in the same shape. I do best to only weigh once a week, because then I'm more careful in between times to eat healthy and exercise and not feel entitled to over-indulge. So I need to stay off the EVIL scale. I must be a slow learner at this maintenance thing.
I took my DD for her Ultrasound today. She wanted to eat lunch out and I immediately thought "OH, I love this mexican restaraunt close by". Then I told myself "NO, that would screw up the loss that you have been seeing on the scale". So we ate at a buffet and I stuck to baked chicken, cabbage and cottage cheese. I need to tell myself "NO" more often.

Kel, WTG on resisting grandma's food. I love chicken and dumplins and so do my kids. I have to still make them for them sometimes and I sit there all pitiful eating a piece of baked chicken while they eat them.

Aud, WTG on that exercise. I'm getting back on track with my exercise too. So , off to the treadmill I go.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:57 AM   #7  
aud
lc lifestyle

So much for good intentions . . . as in intentional exercise! One thing after another ALL night . . . one meeting after another - didn't even get my 10,000 steps in - much less make it to the weight room!

Bright side?

Hmmmm . . . scale was down two pounds . . . and the last time I lost weight over a weekend, DINOSAURS roamed the earth - so yeah, that's a bright side!

Another bright side - I've got my cravings under control - lc lifestyle mojo going full swing! *knock on monitor* For those keeping score of the "Aud's Insecure Husband Game Show" at home: There's a chocolate layer cake on our kitchen counter at the almost 3am moment--wasn't there when I left.

Hub Saboteur =

aud =

Have a Great Morning Chicks!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:39 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post
Hub Saboteur =

aud =

Have a Great Morning Chicks!

too funny! Thanks for the giggle this morning aud!! Hubby's can be very strange when it comes to this stuff. I had a husband like that, the only time he seemed to calm down from his efforts was when he got extra attention I truly believe thats what they need....they need to know you arent going to leave them when you get skinny. If they keep you fat, you wont go anywhere. I dont get the logic in it....but its what they do. So, keep up with your efforts, you're doing great!!

Not much new around here....dd gave me a new christmas list. I think I did pretty good, now I'll pass the list on to her uncle, and grandparents I didnt tell her Im about finished....that would inspire snooping.

Eating is good, exercise is awful...its just too cold out!! I dont want to go anywhere. I think I should dust off some of my old workout tapes. That way I get to stay infront of the fireplace, and stay warm

Well, have a great day ladies!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:40 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Lily: Hopefully you find out soon the results of the test for your DD. I hear you on the scale! I think it's great you're below your goal and maintaining it. Keep up the great work

Kel: WTG on not eating Granny's food. The willpower you had was awesome!! Keep up it up!

Aud: Keep away from the cake. And he's not going to learn overnight! I wish they did sometimes, but they don't. WTG on the weight loss! For beginning exercising I DEFINITELY would recomment the WATP tapes. It comes with 3 tapes (not sure if they've progressed to DVD's for that or if it's still VHS), & a stretchy band (DEFINITELY get the stretchy band one). There's a 1, 2, & 3 mile WATP in the set. You'll DEFINITELY feel the 1 mile if you're not used to exersizing (I always do)...but don't jump up too fast (I always do ). I would love to have a DVD version of mine!!

Robin: What type of tapes do you have to workout to? And great to hear the eating is good Wish my DD's would give me a list that didn't have stuff over $100 on it!! They're going to be surprised this year as to what LITTLE they're going to get at that rate!!!!

Getting a little discouraged w/the scale (I know. STAY OFF IT). I also don't "feel" like I'm losing weight. When I first started Atkins (in '04 I believe) the weight seemed to just fly off me at first w/no effort (except what I ate) on my part. Now it seems I can watch what I eat and exercise and nothing's happening...not even inches lost. Trying not to get discouraged too much that I binge on junk (almost happened last night. Had an "emotional" night which usually leads to junk eating. I DID eat a couple oranges. Figured it was better/healthier than the chips I was eyeing). I haven't exercised since last week either. No ambition. Hopefully in the next day or two I can pick it up again--just not as full speed as I was trying to do it. Slow and steady this time (maybe). *Goes off to mope*
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:47 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:38 AM   #11  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, Today marks 5 months of maintenance for me. I am so happy. This is the longest time I have ever maintained any wt. loss. My highest wt. has been 147 and lowest was 136. I weighed today and am exactly 140. I want to thank each of you for the support and encouragement. I couldn't have done it alone. I still need you all, so you're stuck with me.

aud, my DH doesn't try to sabotage my wt. loss. Quite the opposite, he's the food police. I don't know which is worse. He looks at me like I'm nuts if I ever eat anything that isn't on program.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #12  
Lovin' Life

Wow Lily, that time has certainly flown by for me....it still seems like you just got there. Great job keeping ontop of things tho, thats a huge accomplishment!

Brenda~ I have a couple Kathy Smith cardio tapes and interval training, pilates for dummies ball workout, and I think one other pilates dvd (really covered in dust)
Old 12-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #13  
lilybelle

Thanks Robin, it does seem like I just reached goal a few days ago. But, nope it was July 5th.

I'm sitting here putting off the bill paying, but gotta get to it, so hope everyone has a great day. I'll be busy for next several hrs.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #14  
aud
lc lifestyle

NOTE TO THE KIDNAPPERS: We WILL pay the ransom! PLEASE RELEASE SHERRY AT ONCE!!!!

Thank in advance!

'Morning All!

LOL @ the "had a hub like that," robin! I think the sight of me doing the ab work out during the Football Game drove him over the chocolate cake baking edge - I wanted to shout at the top of my 3am snoring household lungs:

"I WEIGH 233 POUNDS YOU MORON!!!!!"

But didn't.

Came here to 3FC - ate some sfjello & whipped cream. ZZZzzzzzzzzzz!

Food is such a "control issue," isn't it lilyb? Not just with myself - but seeing it now with DH AND a visiting sister over the weekend. So saboteur OR food police - all about control. I remember someone pointing that out b4 in our chats and BOY is it so true!

Feeling like a dork - when I saw the word "tape" - I was thinking that WATP could be done on cassette as I actually walked! Duh! It's a VIDEO set, right brendanerb? You do it on a treadmill, or what?

I've currently got a Yoga vid that I like and some kind of Thunder Abs/Thighs Blast vid that I've never done. Inspire to dust them off too - over the weekend.

ok - I've got the chocolate cake under control. Don't even want any of the dayum thing - sooooooo, we've GOT to get bnerb's fruit snacking bootay under wraps! First it was RAISINS and now ORANGES???????? Holy Mother of Dr. Atkins!!!!

I've had a lot of luck having things in the house that are just for ME. I've sort of given myself "permission" to eat as much of these things as I want - even if its a CRAZY amount. Things like:

pork rinds & sour cream
celery (de-ribbed) & french onion dip
jello and yummy Land O' Lakes 0 Sugar Spray Can Whipped Cream
cauliflower with cream cheese sauce

I'd love to hear from lilyb on what she did when the Snack Attacks hit - was it fruit or veggies? Potato chips or Pork rinds?

I'm not losing as fast as I remember losing on Atkins b4 bnerb, I'm blaming menopause metabolism - but DID see a significant difference when I was working out with weights. Gonna aim for that goal - the important thing to me is now is that I feel so GOOD - gonna keep focussing on that fact & let the scale fall where it may.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:29 PM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

PS to robin:

"Pilates for Dummies"

Discuss.

Seriously - what DO you think of Pilates? I know next to nothing about it - but since I currently am unable to contort this 233 pound mass into anything even resembling a Yoga Pose (my Downward Dog looks like the BUFFALO on the old time nickels!) . . . I'm wondering if I could get some stretching/strength with Pilates?