General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 01:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/173/140

Height: 5'8

Default He called me fat - need to vent

ok so on Sat I was out watching f-ball with the bf and some friends (2 girls which are shorter and much thinner but i never let that bother me unless we are at the beach but that will change next year anyhow I digress) We were at the bar minding our on business wathcing the game and literally the girls were in a huddle talking and the boys are in their huddle- and soon this guy comes up to me and my 2 girl friends and starts hitting on one who is recently single so she is being nice but telling him to buzz off but he keeps coming back for more and to be honest it's annoying but also a bit funny until he comes over to me and puts his arm around my waist and was liek whats up with your friend why doesn't she like me and hey how about you- you liek my friend and i said nice but firm - no i like him (and point to my bf- who is watching in wonder cause normally i can handle myself in these situations) and then i say my friend isn't interested please leave and he does only to come back with 2 other guys and starts mouthing off you know the blonde we could take rejecting us (thats my friend) but hey we would take you even if you are fat (yup that one was for me) they said this a couple of times and my firend was liek did they call me fat ( and she sooo isn't) I said no that one was for me- and she just gave me this pity look and i don't know what it was but i teared up and my bf who hand't heard the guy instantly came over and was all concerned and i told him and he took care of the situation and got rid of the guys but it still hurt - You know i have had people insinuate that i am larger than them - and thats fine (well it's not fine but you get used to people making these comments) Well i have been working hard in the gym and watching what i eat and had been feeling good about my progress- even if it has stalled and hasn't been much lately and here i let some drunken idiot make me feel liek a pile of ..... i know i got work through it and shrug him off - advice- ooh and kudos to my bf who really cheered me up with some great i am proud of you commnets-
Old 12-04-2006, 01:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Yeah honey that sucks - but if you were able to deal with the comments without turning to food then that is AWESOME! If you are anything like me then you're an emotional eater, and comments like that might have driven me to food in the past. You really just need to focus on how well you are doing, how proud of yourself you are and just know the jerk head is going to karmically get what's coming to him. And it sounds like your friend's pity look almost validated what he was saying in your eyes therefore that's almost what reall hurt. One thing to remember though is that there are plenty of thin people with horrible eating habits who get no exercise. SO in theory we are healthier than they are...

Hang in there, you are doing awesome and I think you deserve to do something nice for yourself.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:24 PM   #3  

With manners and attitiudes like that, no wonder they're single! People that choose to purposely hurt others are never happy in life. Be happy you have a great boyfriend to be there for you when life's rough and people are nasty And congratulations on the weight loss you've already made! Never let other people make you feel inferior, you don't deserve it
Old 12-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I know it's not much consolation in the heat of the moment, but looking back, I bet you are a thousand times HEALTHIER than that jerk! I bet you a million dollars you will live a longer, healthier life because of the lifestyle changes you've made. So many people think that just because they're thin, they don't have to exercise or watch what they eat, and it will come back to bite them in the butt in their future So kudos to you on your progress so far, your lifestyle changes, and your imroved health and prolonged life--keep that in mind the next time you see some jerk chugging another beer or buying another Big Mac
Old 12-04-2006, 01:57 PM   #5  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I am so sorry to hear about that! I hope bf gave them a good tongue lashing! I am sure that was truly upsetting.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

Crownshape...you know why those a**holes were all about size, don't you? Compensation, baby, compensation!
My bet is that even if you were underweight, they still would have had something moronic to say, but I know how hurtful that was. (I still can hear the drunk pig who referred to talking to me as "1-800-FAT-GIRL" to his equally drunk pig friends...and that was 15 years ago.) Just picture yourself in a few months in the same bar, watching baseball...and putting that jerk in his place when you tell him "I lost weight, but you're still ugly."
Old 12-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/173/140

Height: 5'8

ladies - thank you so much for your support! It was one of those things that i jsut had ot get out becuase none of my friends here understand - thankyou for listening and trust me i will be seeing his ugly mug when i do kickboxing later this week
Old 12-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #8  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

One per decade is right. I was thinking they were just really mortified to be turned down. They would of found something to pick on you for, even if you were skinny!
Old 12-04-2006, 02:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

You poor sight, how rude!!!!!!!!!! I don't get the nasty comments, but I do get tons of people (though not in the past few weeks as I've lost a bit) thinking I'm pregnant when I'm not! This is so discouraging and embarrassing. I would much rather people thought I was just overweight than prego as I feel like a fraud. They are so happy for my upcoming new baby, but I had her almost 6 months ago. LOL. Then I get the personal trainers at the gym all coming up to me and giving me unsolicited advice because they think I am out of shape and never worked out. Mind you, I've been lifting weights since 1993, probably before many of these trainers graduated high school. Anyway, my point is, I always think to myself "I WILL SHOW THEM!" and this spurs me on more. They will see me looking hot and very toned at some point in the future and perhaps their wrong assumptions will be changed. Keep your chin up in the meantime.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:53 PM   #10  
No description available.

Consider the source. What a loser. Hugs to you!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:37 PM   #11  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

How mean! But look at the source and just think that although you may be overweight you can lose weight and that they are stupid and ignorant and will probably stay that way.

Often when immature men are turned down they say rude things to get back at the girl/woman so that they can look like a big shot in front of their friends, soothe their own bruised egos, etc. etc. Don't let them get to you!
Old 12-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #12  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

You know what I do when rude guys hit on me? I jsu tell them sweetly, "Call me when you get through puberty." while they're figuring it out, I walk away. I'm soooo glad your bf was there though. Of course, it's great that many women can and should handle themselves, but it is nice to have a caring guy there to whup *** if need be
Old 12-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I am so glad you were able to come here and post this, vent a little. I have had people tell me I'm "fat" while trying to lose weight before and it totally convinced me to give up my efforts. I shouldn't have listened to them and kept doing what I know is right. I let them win. I'm glad your BF stood up for you, that is great. Those guys were total losers and couldn't handle the rejection.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #14  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Ya know what I would have said (and I HAVE said this once or twice to obnoxious guys):

"Sorry about your penis...must be reeeeeeeally small....."
Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #15  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415 View Post
Ya know what I would have said (and I HAVE said this once or twice to obnoxious guys):

"Sorry about your penis...must be reeeeeeeally small....."
Closed Thread