Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 12:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Post My mother

I feel so guilty, because I'm losing weight and my mom's not. I mean, don't get me wrong, SHE doesn't make me feel guilty at all, she encourages me. Ever since I've joined the gym in August, I've been asking her to join with me, or go for walks with me, and she always says, well... AFTER my trip to Las Vegas, or AFTER Halloween, or AFTER Thanksgiving, and now it's AFTER Christmas.

My mom weighs 202 lbs, and, I know that once I pass her in weight, she's going to be upset. She always says that she wants to stop drinking beer, and she wants to lose weight, and then I always try and get her on track with me... but she makes excuses. Then, I see how sad she is because she wants to lose weight and it makes me feel guilty for losing all of the weight that I have.

I love her and I want her to be healthy, too, and just... argh. I guess, no matter how much you want to lose weight, you never REALLY want it until you do something about it.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I hope know that you have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. I am sure she is absolutely thrilled for you. It must be making her so happy to know that her daughter is turning her life around for the better. Nobody wants their children to be unhealthy and overweight. And I'm sure you also know that nobody can tell somebody when to lose weight. They have to decide this for themselves. But you certainly are setting a good example for her by losing the weight and exercising and eating healthy. Hopefully this will eventually rub off on her. You've made it clear to her that you are more then willing to help her and maybe one day soon she'll take you up on it.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #3  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Maybe you will be an excellent example and one day she will come and ask you for help!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:48 PM   #4  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

just be a good example and inspiration for her and hopefully she will make the choice herself, no one can make it for her, and there is no reason you should feel guilty, you are working hard for your weight loss, i'm sure!
Old 12-04-2006, 06:33 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I completely understand (in fact, I posted about something sort of similar earlier).

I don't have ANY words of wisdom, but I just wanted to send you some good thoughts and understanding.
Closed Thread