South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:46 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Munchless Monday December 4

No munching for me today! I found myself munching on Honey Comb cereal last night! I bought it to make LindaBC's Cranberry Crunch and just could not resist it. So silly as I really don't like it. Duh!

Monday and less than three weeks to Christmas Eve! I must firm up my party menu and get at the goodie baskets. I'm having coffee in my Christmas mug today.

My new cleaner, Donna, comes this morning and will deep clean the kitchen and the back room - maybe! I am so far behind since wonderful Gail moved on. She was terrific. Candace, the interim, was a real lick and a promise girl - actually there were no promises! (She cleaned for six months and did not change the vacuum cleaner bag even once as I discovered!) Donna is slow but thorough.

I also have young Eric coming today as it's a PD day for his school. I'll have him shift some things around in the barn and maybe help me with the lights.

I love having staff!!!!

Have a meaningful and munchless Monday, Beach Babes!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:27 AM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Dont beat yourself up over the cereal Ruth....it has happened to all of us one time or another

Staff is a sweet thing huh?

Well today is a good day so far and 3 days into the program I am feeling really good, I hope to continue to lose through this month but even staying that same through the holidays will be huge for me, Hope everyone has a great day and keep up the great work chickies
Old 12-04-2006, 09:17 AM   #3  

Munchless Monday love it!

Ruth: Chock full day planned again!! I hope Donna works out and you get all your planning done today..

Christin: Good attitude! Stick with us chickies -we'll help you get through!

Was laid up fer a few days with a bit of a cold..so now that I'm back in the pink I've got some catching up to do!!! So.... CAWFEE Check,
Sweats - check; scrunchie - check... TIME to get up into the attic and pull down them decorations!!!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:31 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Glad you've perked up, Schatzi and Christian.

I'm doing the decorating on the installment plan. I've made two trips and now have the Christmas quilt and the two Christmas mats ready to go. The mats go under the Girls' dishes for the season. The quilt is for loafing on the parlour couch whilst listening to Christmas music. *** Sigh ***

I just de-mudded the kitchen floor a bit so Donna won't have a heart attack before she starts! Darn dogs! It's cold today so all the outside mud is frozen. Yay!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:04 AM   #5  

Morning all!

Ruth- Love your holiday spirit! I need to get a little more of that and some of your energy. I think we are getting our tree today. Good luck with your new staff member, must be nice.

Christian
- Stay strong, you will make it through!

Schatzi- Sounds like your ready for the holidays as well.. have fun decorating, glad your back in the pink.

Me- Went to the gym this morning, kinda disapointed because I did really good the whole weekend and worked out, and I didn't lose a pound. I know it sounds crazy, but at my weight I usually lose pretty fast, especially on Phase I and working out. I wanted to go home and go back to bed but I stayed and had a pretty good workout. Like Schatzi and Ruth, I too will be decking the halls around here, hope to get my tree and get all my decor up today! Have a good one chickadees!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning All,

I just got back from all the running around I had to do this morning, whew! Now I have less than an hour before I leave for work, and tonight is my late night. The weekend got away from me, everytime I'd sit down in front of the computer, someone would need me for something. I think we should start petitioning for at least a 3-day weekend every week, then maybe I'd get a little down time.

I'm happy to report that I only have 2 more gifts to buy, and all the presents I have so far are wrapped and under the tree! The house is decorated inside and out, so now all I have to do is start writing out the Christmas cards and start my cookie baking. I've earned my bragging rights this year, because every other year I'm the one you see running around frantically in the stores at the very last minute.

After school today, the girls and I are going to put the finishing touches on our pinecone ornaments and hang them on their tree, and start work on our Gingerbread House. That should keep them busy until bedtime.

Well, I have to put together a salad for my lunch before I leave, so I'm checking out for now. Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-04-2006, 11:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies - I SURVIVED THE WEEKEND WITHOUT BINGING! Sundays are the hardest and yesterday I decided to plan out 3 delicious meals to make that would put me in my calorie range. I didn't even make it to the bunless burgers I had planned for dinner... So it worked! Haven't weighted myself but I was down to 144 on Saturday. This AM it was SO hard to get up, re-set my alarm for 730 giving myself only 45 mins to wake up and make it to spin class... where I spinned harder than I have so far since I started the class! Feeling pretty damn good about myself today.

Deftones - Sounds like you have a wooosh coming up (where you plateau and then all of the sudden a chunk comes off)

Cottage - I haven't even started yet (Christmas shopping), but atleast I have a good idea of what I'm going to buy everyone

Ruth - Installment plan? haha, don't beat yourself about the eating, it's a new day fresh with no mistakes ; )

Schatzinator - Glad you're back in business! I had so much fun decorating my tree this weekend, first year in my house, first tree I've ever bought and I swear I have the most beautiful tree in the entire world

Christian - Hang in there! You are SO CLOSE!

Hope the rest of the chickadees have a great day!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #8  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Deftones- Sarah is right...your at a plateau and when it breaks...it is really worth it...Keep up the great work

Ruth- I know exactally how you feel, I seems like everytime I mop it rains and Macey tracks it back in quicker than I can mop it She is doing much better today

Cottage- Thank you for reminding me...I have to go get a gingerbread house ...the girls just love it here too

Sarah- WAY TO GO on the great weekend You are so close to your goal too, we just have to stick it out and I am sure we will both be there soon

Well I am off to finish some Holiday shopping, my youngest wants a certain hoodie and I have to go to the printshop and have one made since they are out of the ones they had a Walmart...I bought her a Aaropostale one but when I asked her which one she would like better she wanted the one with the school logo...and you know mom...I aim to please so off I go

Schatzi- Have fun decking those halls
Old 12-04-2006, 02:31 PM   #9  

I've been swamped at work today so I'm just now getting a break. I need to stop at the store on the way home to get more Advent candles. I'm buying extra this time. Then I plan to go to the gym if I have time. I started the chicken marinating this morning so I can work out a little longer tonight. I sure hope it works.

We got all of our outside stuff put up yesterday but we haven't started the tree yet. I found pictures for the newsletter but I need to narrow them down and throw the letter together. I'll try to get that done tonight so I can start printing them when I work from home tomorrow.

I'm trying to get ideas for what to get Brian for Christmas but so far he can't think of anything and I can't either. I'd like to do one nice present and then maybe a couple of small ones. He's getting himself an MP-3 combo player with the giftcards he got from popcorn plus some more memory cards for his digital camera. He's just not your typical 9 year old.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Can we sticky the exercise for December?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #11  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Hi

I had a funny thing happen today at work. The other cook made pudding for the kids. I barely even noticed it. I didn't want it, didn't think about it...As I was getting ready to put all the food away after lunch I suddenly realized that I didn't miss the pudding. This is the first time ever that I could look at food all day long and not want it. That's never happened before.

For those of you who are ready for Chirstmas bravo. I have not gotten anything out yet. I really need to make some time to do that.

Barb I know how hard it is to buy for young boys. It's so easy to buy for girls they have everything for girls. Good luck on that one.

Sarah good job on not binging.

Sounds like we all are doing pretty good watching what we eat even though we occasionaly cheat it is not an everyday thing like the old days.

That's all for now.

Take care

TwoPeasInAPod
Old 12-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #12  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Munchie Munchie Munchie on my fingernails!

I just got done taking my quiz in my Algebra class (it was on Systems of Equations and Functions) and I got a 77.8%!!! I was kind of bad and didn't study as well as I should have, but I told the teacher before class I was having a problem with functions so I didn't think I would do that well. Luckily, we did an exercise in class on Monday that gives us extra credit for this quiz so hopefully it'll knock my average back up. Right now I'm making a 94.8% which is an A but I'd be much happier with a higher percentage considering I need it to boost my overall GPA from the last time I was in school.

Other than that it was a rather uneventful day at work. Just a lot of invoicing which thankfully is over for this month. Now I just have to get the bills in line. Our company is making a lot of big purchases next month so we need to get ready for that. We are behind this year about $125K so the outlook is looking iffy.

I don't want to feel like a spammer.... but I do hope that some of you ladies may want to participate in the biggest loser challenge I'm hosting on TBL forum. It starts December 31st and runs through Mid March if you are interested.

Smoochies!

Chelle
Old 12-04-2006, 08:03 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi Kids! Remember me?

I know I've been MIA but I haven't been BAD, believe it or not! Trouble on the marriage front, so it's been a rough month. Hopefully all will be resolved one way or the other soon.

But yeah, I've been pretty good! I hope to lose 9 lbs by Jan 13, which is when I'm going back to Key West! I think every 6 months is a good plan for now.... Dad and Mom go every 3 months or so but I'll do that when I'm their age. For now, we can only afford every 6 months.

Gotta go eat my stir fry. Hope you all are well! Talk soon!

Lisa
Old 12-05-2006, 03:31 AM   #14  

Thanks for the encouragement Sarah and Christian! I really needed to hear that, and I believe you! I was just waiting for someone to tell me something that would keep me going! Thanks! Sarah- good job on not binging, you're getting so close to goal! Lucky girl!
Closed Thread