Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-02-2006, 10:05 AM   #1  
Isa from Chile

S/C/G: 181/181/132

Height: 5.4

Default I totally fall out of track

Hi, i just wanted to post to share this with someone. My grandma is with a terminal brain cancer, but this past few days she has been really bad. Her head is not working right, she can barely walk, she breath with a lot of problems. I live with her and now everytime i see her i have to run to my room and cry alone because i have to be a support to my mom. With all that my diet has gone to the ****, i just eat to calm my frustration. I don`t know what will happend when all this come to the end, i don`t know if i`m strong enough, i have a really close relationship with her. She has been fighting her all life, she a survivor of the jewish holocaust, then she had to leave her country (hungary) with my grandma and my mom who was 9 at the mom and start again her. She has fighted so much so is dificult to see her so vulnerable.

Well i just wanted to share this, writting it makes me feel better

Thanks for reading me

Isa
ravotrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

I am sorry for what you are going through. I lost my mom to a brain tumor when I was 19 (she was only 39) and I feel for anyone else going through that same pain.

Take some comfort in knowing that your grandmother has fought like a hero throughout her life. This time is painful for you but for her, it is the beginning of her journey to her family and loved ones that went before her. I SINCERELY hope I am not overstepping my boundaries - I just want to offer you some comfort!

Don't beat yourself up over your diet. LOVE yourself, the way your grandmother loves you. If you fall, get up. If you have a victory, celebrate. I am sure she wants only the very best for you, so honor her by giving yourself all of the good things you deserve!
OnePerDecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #3  
Stronger Than Yesterday

Unhappy

ravotrina, I think you could use a big

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I lost my aunt, grandfather and grandmother to cancer and my mom was diagnosed with cancer a year and a half ago. I know how sad and helpless you must feel right now. Please make sure you talk to people about this. It's great that you decided to post this here. I bet you will get a lot of great support. It's so important to vent and let some of those feelings out.

As hard as it can be, please take care of yourself during this trying time. When I found out my mom was sick I totally let myself fall into terrible habits. I was emotional eating all the time and I completely stopped going to the gym. Looking back, it was such a terrible thing to do. I could have been working off the stress instead of sitting at home eating tons of sugar and caffeine and giving myself headaches. Right now I'm trying to work off all those pounds I gained and it's such a challenge.

Anyway, please know that you always have someone here who will listen if you need it. Take care
juliebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #4  
Isa from Chile

S/C/G: 181/181/132

Height: 5.4

Girls, thanks very much for your suport. Today i`m back on track and i`m planniong do it right today, i also have a stomach problem so it must be easier, lol. Last time i got sick of my stomach i lost 10 kilos so i have no problems with it

Thanks very much again

Isa
ravotrina is offline   Reply With Quote