Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 01:06 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Mind if I crash the party :)

Hi there,

I've been lurking for a while now, so it's probably time I introduced myself.
I'm Nicole, I'm 33 and from New Zealand. I work in the claims department of an insurance company, and as you can tell, I've got quite a bit of weight to lose...

I found 3fc about 6 months ago, and started out with fantastic plans, as you do when you first start. Unfortunately about a month after I signed up, I came down with a fairly severe bout of depression, and I basically spent the last couple of months focussing on getting my head straight. Now that I've done that, it's time to focus on getting some weight off.

I rediscovered 3fc a month or so ago when I was cleaning out my bookmarks and have been lurking ever since, trying to figure out the best way to join in the fun. So here I am.

Ive literally tried every diet that's going, but this time it's back to Weightwatchers and so far I've been reasonably successful. Nothing spectacular, but sometimes that's the best way, isn't it?

Anyway, that's me - I look forward to chatting to you all soon.

Take care
Nicole
Old 12-03-2006, 01:24 AM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

A big welcome to you, Nicole!! As a longtime off and on lurker, I congratulate you for coming out of the shadows to join in! People here couldn't be nicer, so just post away with your questions, concerns, and SUCCESSES. How are you liking Weight Watchers? What are your exercise plans?

Looking forard to seeing you around!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:01 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hello!!! We are so glad to have you here. The more the merrier!! This is an absolutely GREAT, FANTASTIC, TERRIFFIC, MARVELOUS place to be. I can't begin to tell you how much it helps me. And I certainly hope (know) it will be the same for you. You certainly seem to be heading in the right direction........downnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Keep up the good work. Join us on our Daily Commitment Thread found right here at the 100 lb. club. It is very motivating and keeps you accountable and oh yeah the ladies are a GREAT bunch. Just jump right in and post away so that we can get to know you and help you in any and every way. Looking forward to hearing from you soon ............and often.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:27 AM   #4  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Nicole ~ glad you've joined us.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:43 AM   #5  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Nicole!

Glad to have you here! This is a FANTATIC place full of helpful and supportive folks! I wish you much success on your weight loss journey! Know that there are MANY of us here who are right there with you!

Cheryl
Old 12-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #6  
Nicole

Thanks for the welcomes - I realy appreciate it

So far I'm enjoying WW - it's the third time that I've gone back. My leader is absolutely fantastic - so positive which is fantastic. My last WW leader was really negative and it was hard to maintain positive thinking when she was around. At the moment I'm concentrating on improving my eating habits rather than weight loss - I'm a constant grazer, so I'm concentratiing on grazing on fruit and veges rather than the chocolate, chippies, sweets and cheese which are my downfalls.

In terms of exercise I'm trying to walk at least 10,000 steps per day on days when I work, and 15,000 steps on days that I'm not working. I've also got an exercise DVD from WW that I'm doing 2 - 3 times per week. It's a nice easy workout that's not too challenging. In the New Year I'm going to start jogging, and I've decided that once I've lost my 10%, I'm going to reward myself by joining a gym.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #7  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Nicole -- This site is wonderful and you will love it here! Great job with getting back on track and your weightloss so far!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 07:40 PM   #8  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the forum Nichole! It's great to see you coming out of lurkdom and I can't wait to see more posts from you!! While I'm doing it on my own this time, I can't say enough good things about WW's and I'm sure you will do great following their program (let me know what they can next week! I'm dying to know).

Melissa
Old 12-03-2006, 08:50 PM   #9  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hi Nicole,

I used to work for an insurance company in a past life (when I lived in Ohio). Office enviroments can be toxic! I'm glad you found us. As for how much weight you have to lose, it's all relative! I wish I was starting out at YOUR starting weight!

Grazing is an excellent habit! Switching to healthy choices instead of high calories ones is a great start.

I think of New Zealand as home of the outdoorsy exercise types. You know, extreme biking, and hiking. Hey! It's a stereotype - California is the land of the gym bunnies.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:53 AM   #10  
Nicole

Thanks for the welcomes, ladies.

Goddess Jessica, I know exactly where you're coming from about the office politics. We're going through a reshufle at the moment which just adds to the drama. I'm at the stage where I can't be bothered with it - I just go to work, do my job and go home...

I guess NZ does have that sort of reputation- the outdoors are easily accessible to all, and there's enough mountains, lakes, etc to keep anyone happy. Still not all of us are all that fond of the adventure sports thing - I personally can't think of anything worse than bungy jumping.

Talk to you all soon....
Old 12-04-2006, 06:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Nicole!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:24 PM   #12  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Nicole!!!

Wonderful to have you

Linda
Old 12-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #13