South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIFriday At the Beach!

HAPPY DECEMBER!

I can finally use my favorite smilies again! Can you tell, I just love the holiday season?!
I have to take the girls to school today, but then the rest of the morning is mine. Audrey's school is having a holiday bazaar, so I think I'll go browse around there and do a little shopping. We're meeting some friends for lunch and spending the afternoon at Boomers. This evening we're grabbing a bite to eat at Applebee's, then I want to go to Kohl's Midnight Madness Sale. I have some Kohl's cash that will expire today, so I want to use it towards a few outfits for Amber and Carley.

But first, Curves calls.

So what's everyone doing today?
Old 12-01-2006, 07:41 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

First, !!! I did not sleep well last night - scary dreams - so am going to try for a "me" day today. I know I've been under a lot of stress and it's time to sit back and set some priorities.

We had a huge rainstorm yesterday and it's still coming down. I've been on this earth a long time and have never seen it rain as hard. When I got home from visiting Harry, my house looked like an island! The ground was so saturated that the water just sat on top. The sump pump worked pretty hard last night although the power did go off a few times. (I have ordered a generator to be installed that will solve that problem if we have long outages! There goes another hunk of my children's inheritance! )

I think I'll make some soup for lunch (clam chowder with zucchini instead of potatoes), get the wood-stove cranked up again and sit and sew or watch a movie whilst petting my darling doggies. This rain is to change to freezing rain and snow today so it's a day to cuddle in.

What are you doing for yourself today?
Old 12-01-2006, 07:51 AM   #3  

Morning, cottage! I love the holiday but I hate shopping at this time of year.

Ruth - It does sound like a good day for you to snuggle in and stay warm. Yumm, I like clam chowder.

Me - I'm on vacation today. It's the last day I needed to take this year (other than the holidays) and I need to make sure I don't waste it. I forgot to set my alarm and woke up 10 minutes late so I skipped my shower and am heading to the gym as soon as I drop Brian at school. There are still lots of icy overpasses but I don't even have any bridges I have to go over to take him to school. Only half our troop guides made the meeting last night but we still got a lot done. I need to type up the minutes today and get them mailed out. And I really need to get started on our Christmas newsletter if I can. I'm so tempted to skip it this year but I think it is expected.

I actually made my goal this month! I lost 3 pounds. I hope I can do at least 2 in December but I'll have to see. Just a reminder everyone, to get the last entries in the November exercise challenge and I'll get the queen posted as soon as I can.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:03 AM   #4  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Cottage- Wow, I had no idea you were such a Christmas junkie, I never would have noticed!

Ruth- Sorry you didn't sleep well last night! Sounds like you're doing just the thing to fix it though. Soup and a relaxing day with the doggies can fix just about anything.

Barbara- on hitting your goal this month!!! I stink because I forgot to log my exercise for most of the month, but I'll be better this month!

I also hit my goal this month of 10lbs, which brings me up to 25lbs total!! I'm pretty stoked. I'm shooting for 8 lbs before New Years, but if I could get to the 200 or even 199 mark, I would do the ugliest happy dance ever!
Old 12-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies - Still feeling under the weather <pausing to grab my coffee> Mmmmm coffee, I have this sore throat that won't go away. I finally went to the doctor yesterday just to make sure it wasn't strep and she gave me some sampless to take (because apparently it's just caused by drainage). Really didn't feel like I had all that much drainage but she's the MD. Just want to feel better and get back exercising HAHAHAHAHA. I'm CRAAAAAAZY.

So I'm down 2 for November? I think... I can't remember what I started November at but I'm going to move my ticker down a couple. How I would LOVE to see those 130s before this year is up... Just have this feeling, on this roll and REALLY TRULY feel like I can do this!

Lisa - 10 pounds is awesome! High 5!

Barb - Enjoy your day off, 3 is amazing! I know how hard those last pounds are!

Ruth - You deserve a week of "you" days! Curious about that recipe cause I love clam chowder...

Cottage - I love Christmas too! In fact (don't tell anyone ) but I had a christmas CD in my car playing BEFORE Thanksgiving. Like I said I'm

Last edited by SarahinBalance; 12-01-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:02 AM   #6  

Morning Chickies,

Cottage- I'm with you, I LOVE the holidays! And I have to say I don't mind the shopping, have fun.

Ruth- You're cuddle day sounds great, enjoy it, and be careful if you go out in that crazy weather.

Barb- Congrats on making your goal, that's awesome. Keep it up!

Lisa- WOW, good job on the 10 lbs.You'll be in onederland in no time, and I wish I could be there to see your dance lol.

Sarah- Sorry you're still under the weather, feel better soon. Good job on the 2lbs. this month, 130's are just around the corner.

Me- I went back to phase I and the gym starting Wednesday to recoop from Thanksgiving and so far have lost 3 lbs . I'm pretty happy. I have had good workouts this week and hope I can get up and go tomorrow morning to keep my motivation and loss going. We're taking the baby to get his picture with Santa today I'm sure it will be cute, hopefully I can get him to smile. Well have a good day girls.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Merry December Morning All!

Well, I'm glad to see everyone here this morning.

Sarah: Sounds like you're still feeling yucky! Hope you feel better soon. How much longer until the 1/2 marathon? I don't think you're crazy! Christmas CD's stay in the car cd case and get played throughout the year. Drives Jason batty. (Sometimes I do it just to annoy him )

Obvious: 10 lbs is SO awesome!! You're doing amazingly well! Maybe you and I can break into onederland together! Let's go!

Barb: Enjoy your day of vacation! Rest, relax and write up the most wonderful Christmas newsletter ever!

Ruth: Sorry last night was so scary for you (well, dream-wise). Hope you're able to rest up and enjoy cuddling with the furladies! Can I come over for clam chowder - yum!

Cottage: I love Kohl's. Wish we had one nearby! Hope you have fun shopping the day away! I think you and I could bond over our love of the Holiday Season. Do you take it overboard as well? Nah, you can NEVER take the holiday season overboard, right?

ME: Got the Christmas garland up last night. I think I went overboard and started doing too many things. Turns out I need to go to the store tomorrow and buy some more. Oops. Our front porch is half-covered and it looks TERRIBLE. Teehee! Woke up and worked out this morning, jumped on the scale and -- I'm down 2 lbs! Woohoo! Good month for me! A loss in November is SO much better than the usual 5 lb gain. Anyways, I need to run and get some work done. Gotta get it taken care of before the conference next week!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Christina: Looks like we were simul-posting!! Wow, 3 lbs since Wednesday is great! Glad to hear it! You're doing well and kicking fat's butt! Have fun with baby at the Santa pictures!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Christina - Great job on staying OP and the exercise! You should post the baby pic once you have it taken.

Kim - Great job on the loss! Your exercise commitment is an inspiration to me as I'm amazed at how much you are getting in! Truly AWESOME! Was watching biggest loser last night, and was contemplating an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening to rev it up a notch and help me reach my December goal.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #10  

Good idea Sarah, I will scan and post when we get home. Has anyone here tried the Breakfast Cheesecake thing? It is in the oven right now.

Kim- Don't you love decorating? It is so much fun and really puts you in the spirit. Great job on the 2lb. loss, keep it up!
Old 12-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #11  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hi

Who can believe it is Dec 1st already? Time flies. I am busy playing catch-up on my school work. First I help my kids with homework then do my homework. I am a big kid in school in case you didn't know.

I love Kohls too. I already spent my cash reward on black friday.

There is a lot I still need to do to get ready for the holidays. I admire the ones who are ready...Plus my daughter is turning 13 on the 13 She wants a big party...I don't but most likely she will get her way. I think I will take the girls to the gym and let them all go swimming. That way I can justify eating pizza, icecream and cake for her birthday. My friend asked me if I was going to make a sugar-free cake for her birthday. Are you kidding me...but I will get a small cake and only enough pizza so that it is gone...no leftovers

Sounds like a good plan
Old 12-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #12  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Thanks, Sarah, Christina, and Kim!!
Believe me, ya'll don't want to see Lisa's Happy Dance. It involves lots of bootie/boobie shaking, spirit fingers, and dropping it like it's hott. Also hip gyrations, neck rolls, and hair fluffing. Sometimes a loud, shrill scream of delight that will pierce eardrums and shatter glass. And if you don't get the screech, you'll get an improved song, which is almost worst. I sound like a tone deaf, chain-smoking Janis Joplin on testosterone.
Kim, I'll meet you in the beautiful and delightful Onderland, where we shall frolic in the fields.
Closed Thread