General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #1  

Default question

I've noticed that sometimes people stop posting after they show real support to and from 3FC, often after they have lost a lot of weight. Is that because they have started gaining? I feel so bad because of lot of their posts are really inspiring. I have even pmd a few people telling them so. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:08 PM   #2  
it's always something

I often wonder what happens to some people. Sometimes people will start over again with a new account, maybe they have gained or just wanted a completely fresh start. I guess some people feel like they no longer need community support, or maybe they just gave up
Old 12-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have noticed the same things. I certainly won't drop off the boards. I need the support as much now as ever. Reading of everyone else's battle to lose the lbs. actually helps me focus on the reason that I want to keep mine off. I love to see the success stories and NSV's. They are so encouraging. I also hope that my own success will inspire someone else to do the same. The maintainers room has been wonderful for me and without it , I'd have probably gained my wt. back by going back to my old habits.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I have especially notice how many people come here, ask for help and then disappear. Makes me sad.
I don't plan on leaving because I'm not sure we're ever done getting fitter.
If I worked full time and still had small children at home, I'm not sure I'd be quite as regular a visitor as I am now.

Last edited by srmb60; 12-01-2006 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I come here often,but don't post all that much.Just me I guess....since I've always been more comfortable as a lurker then poster.I do try and post when I have something to offer in a post,or when I need a good kick in the rear...like now
Old 12-01-2006, 05:53 PM   #6  

Forgot to say that I also noticed that some of these people are still lurking, just not posting and they always had so much to offer.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:31 PM   #7  

Count me in as another lurker. I'm here just about every single day, usually a couple of times a day, but I hardly ever post anymore. Several reasons for that, but mostly it's just what feels right to me now, so that's what I do. Luckily, there's never a shortage of inspirational chicks (or roosters) on this awesome site, sharing their wisdom and support with everyone who'll listen... or read!

Beverly
Old 12-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I've noticed that too -- like when I'm browsing through really old posts -- and see someone who lost quite a bit of weight -- and stopped posting and their trackers aren't at goal. I wonder if they regained weight -- or just lost interest in us I know, as long as I'm breathing, (and if I regain weight or not), I'll always come here
Old 12-02-2006, 06:57 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

OMG Beverly you MUST start posting again - Am I reading that correctly - 190 pounds - I'd LOVE to hear what you have to say. Just think of all the inspiration you would provide.

I am also amazed at the introduction forum, there are so many new people everyday, and then they seem to drop off the face of the earth. What's that all about? I must admit that I barely even look there anymore. I mean at first I really gave everybody a really warm welcome, but then you never hear from them again. So I for the most part stopped looking.

As for me folks, sorry you guys are stuck with me for life.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:26 AM   #10  

I second that. Beverly please keep posting to help all of us who are not yet there.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #11  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

I hit my goal weight about a month ago and I'm still here all the flipping time! I ask advice for stuff that's going on in my life, I look uo recipes, etc. I love the unconditional support here. I have no intention of stopping goingto WW meetings either. Heck, they're free now! Why stop going?
Old 12-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #12  
There is no Try

S/C/G: 215/213.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
OMG Beverly you MUST start posting again - Am I reading that correctly - 190 pounds - I'd LOVE to hear what you have to say. Just think of all the inspiration you would provide.

I am also amazed at the introduction forum, there are so many new people everyday, and then they seem to drop off the face of the earth. What's that all about? I must admit that I barely even look there anymore. I mean at first I really gave everybody a really warm welcome, but then you never hear from them again. So I for the most part stopped looking.

As for me folks, sorry you guys are stuck with me for life.
I can't speak for everybody - for me, I like to read the boards,but rarely respond, primarily because if I spend my time responding much, I don't have the time to read the rest of the boards! And I've noticed that the "new" posts get marked "not new" after about 20 minutes for me, even if I haven't read them yet, if I'm logged in to the site. It's frustrating, because if I stop to post, I get about halfway through the areas I like to read,and then everything past that shows as "read" and I don't know what's new or old. But overall I love the site.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I found something else. The gallery. One post, one picture and then they never come back!
I just want to reach thru the cable and drag them here ....

Come back!
Old 12-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I used to post on here all the time, but then I stopped losing and actually gained a lot back and was just too depressed to talk about it. Then I realized how stupid that is, because almost everyone on this site is trying to lose and they understand that setbacks happen!
Old 12-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #15  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

I'm fairly new compared to some, but I have to say in the time i've been on 3fc sometimes its just life. I notice I do better when I look at the board and better when I post (accountability). This spring, summer and fall I was just busy. I give events, I found, bought, and moved into a new condo, and I'm in a new long distance relationship and then there is the regular day to day work and family thing.

Also I think sometimes 3FC can be a little intimidating to the new people. I was posting on the WATP thread and stopped because I felt like I just wasn't up to the level as everyone else, so I started my own challenge. Some people may decide peeking in every once in a while and drawing inspriration from other is enough. I know there are a few people who I have helped me in my own journey and have no idea. Along with something someone else said it takes a while to figure out no one is going to "yell" at you when you fail here. How many times have some of us told our friends or family we are losing weight, fall off the wagon and then have to deal with the what happened looks? I joined a few challeneges and "failed" and was scared to come back because of guilt. Now I realize that likely isn't going to happen. We're here to help each other when we "fall down" (boy am I hving fun with quotes today).

Also I felt a little ignored until I found the IE thread. I think with any new "place" it take a while to find your place at the party and have fun, but eventually you....in your own time.

This isn't meant as complaining, just the views of a newbie. I really can't see myself doing as well as I have been without 3FC

Ok. I need to pack, but there it is.....

Obie.
Closed Thread