Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 07:55 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#121

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 01-12-2002, 08:01 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone! Sorry there's no WELCOME gif at the end of the Welcome post. I couldn't put my finger on my disk where I saved them all and by the time I went back to steal 2cute's, it wouldn't let me add one. So, I guess this thread will just be 'plain Jane'.

It's been pretty hectic here. I really had alot of jobs this past week and most of them were 'eat out' jobs and with my birthday today it's been a horrible food week. No working tomorrow so maybe I can make it a 'soup day' to try to catch up.

I can't stay. My son is waiting at the office door to start a tape in the VCR. I'll try and catch up with you all later.

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Ruth E. Renkel
Old 01-12-2002, 08:19 PM   #3  

I must have posted on the other thread while you were doing this one...So....Susie my congrats on the loss and gain (computer) are there.

Hey, Thin I made soup today but ate too much. I made that "one from WW first week" soup so it is only vegies but I still ate too much.

I will have to do more belly dancing

I think I will really like this.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:49 PM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Evening ladies

Today has been hectic. DH and I had an argument this morning about recording a VCR tape, isn't that dumb.
I had genealogy meeting this afternoon. I ate a 6 oz hambuger ,F.F. and a salad for lunch oh well another day.

Susie way to go on the loss and congrats on getting the computer.
I did our Taxes tonight too. so I guess it's time to go to bed.
be back tomorrow
Old 01-13-2002, 06:54 AM   #5  

Hi everyone,

Congratulations Susie on your weight loss. You're an inspiration. I've been trying to get back the mindset, but it's difficult. This is the year for both my health and esteem. It would be a kick to start my 40's full of energy. I'm 39 years old and feel like I've been running in place for a long, long time.

I went to the beach today. It's been a month of off and on rain. The past two days we had picture perfect weather. I went into the ocean and it was cold. I thought I'm in the water in January. I never go to the beach until maybe April or later. I've been trying to shake a cold?/allergy? for about a month now. The cough went away a few days ago. Baking in the sun capped the end of that episode of illness. It also helped clear my mind of the old year. Everyone here on this thread has kick started their program. I'm lagging in that department.

Tomorrow is a new day. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Malia
Old 01-13-2002, 09:43 AM   #6  
Falling, but fighting...

Good morning fellow fat fighters:

I am soooo tired. Andrew has a cold/cough and woke up at 2:30am. Aside from an one hour nap around 5:30am, he had been wide eyed and driving me crazy. My DH is sick too, so he didn't wake up until almost 9am. He is up, so I did another 20 minutes on the bike (50 minutes so far for today), and came up here to read emails.

I don't think I will be able to nap later, but we will see. Andrew and I are going to my parents house to celebrate my Dad's b-day (65 y/o). I hope Andrew takes at least a 2 hour nap before we go....please...please...please.

Anyhow food hasn't been great since w-i yesterday. I went overboard, but what else in new for me on the weekends? I am going to try to keep it in check today, but who knows.

Malia: Just take it one step at a time. Losing weight is not easy, so just set some realistic goals. Maybe just make it a goal to drink all your water each day, or to exercise 20 minutes. I got to thinking early Saturday morning, that if I just lose 20 to 25 pounds a year, I would be satisfied. Even though I have about 140 pounds to go, and at that rate it would take me almost 7 years, I would be truly happy to not gain, but lose 1/2 pound a week. I probably could lose it all in 2 years, if I was 100% faithful to the program, but that is Not realistic, so I am going to take it slow. Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Grannie: You did your taxes already? We haven't even gotten our W-2's yet. Wow...good for you.

LuckyLadyBug: At least you made something healthy, I ate pizza.

TT: Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!! Relax, you deserve it!

Have a great day.
Old 01-13-2002, 02:09 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Everyone! My DH and my oldest have gone off to the auto show and the youngest is still upstairs in bed, party last night! I have had a bowl of Taco Soup for lunch and a small sliver of my leftover cake. I'm hoping to keep it lite today to try and just maintain this week. I would just hate to have a gain after just one week into the New Year!

It's been a very busy week and this next one will be as well. We just got word that a long time neighbor of my husband's family passed away so we will be tied up with funeral stuff again this week. On Wednesday, my friend's son will have brain surgery and on Friday DH and I are leaving for Niagra Falls.

Now I guess I could complain that eating will be a problem this week, but you know what??? I've come to the realization that life happens! We can talk all we want to about losing weight and then only actually do it when optimum conditions exist, like you get to prepare all your own food. But the reality of it all is that optimum conditions will rarely exist, heck they will almost never exist. So enough excuses already! We have to be able to look at all of this as a new way of life and as much as it will kill me to always be ordering a grilled chicken salad when I'm out, I need to get into the habit of it so that I can be successful on this journey. This journey is about choices which will make us feel better and be healthier and if we don't start making those choices NOW, we'll never reach our destinations! I don't know about all of you, but I don't want to stand still in my efforts for another year. I want to make some Progress. So let's get on with it and not just give lip service to it!!!

Mary: Only 1 CD? Gosh, girl, you need to get a move on. That's a new toy I would love to mess around with. * There's nothing wrong with that lunch. Just adjust the rest of your day to compensate for it.

Jen: I'm sure getting out of Pizza Hut is going to be real helpful in your weightloss efforts. I know I could eat pizza everyday if it was so readily available.

2cute: I loved your 'on one hand' and then the other post. Very interesting and so true. Sometimes I think we just need to look at things from a different perspective.

Michelle: Hope your little one is doing better and that it was nothing serious. * Those veggie chips sound good, I know we have Hanover here, I'll have to look for them.

Katrina: Did you try the Taco Soup recipe? I hope that you enjoyed it.

Syn: I eat WOW chips all the time. They are my salvation. I'm a salty eater and nothing fits the bill like chips do. You get 20 for 1 WW point. You'll have to play with how many you can eat in a sitting without having stomach trouble, everyone is different. I can have up to 4 servings (80 chips) without having any side effects. With 5 servings I will have greasy stools the next day. I really don't ever have like cramps or pain or anything no matter how many I eat.

LuckyLadyBug: You go, girl! Belly dancing has got to be great exercise! I bet you hurt all over! * You can't eat too much of that soup! You can eat it all day long and it's still 0 points!!! That's the wonderful thing about it!!

Maggie: I'm with you. I need to concentrate on eating home more often. I can always seem to control what I eat when I'm doing the cooking. That and serving 'restaurant style' instead of 'family style'. Like yesterday, I made more than enough mashed potatoes, 9 pork chops and a big dish of green beans with salads for everyone. There was only 1 pork chop left and a spoonful of the potatoes, and almost 3/4 of the dish of beans because I served 'family style'. Had I dished everything out 'restaurant style' I would have had 4 pork chops, a whole bunch of potatoes and no beans left. There's a BIG difference!

Susie: Congrats on the new computer! It will be good to have you here on the weekends! * Great job on the 45#'s!!! Good for you!!! * Thanks for the wishes!

Malia: You too can 'kick start' your program! Jump on the wagon here, we're all holding out our hands to you! You can do it!

Here's my recipe offering for the week:

Broccoli-Cauliflower Bake

1 head broccoli, broken into florets
1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
2 tsp. lemon zest
2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Rinse vegetables under water. Place wet vegetables in a 2 quart ovenproof casserole dish. Bake until slightly tender, about 40 minutes.
3. Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle mixture over vegetables. Bake until crumbs are crisp and brown, and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
Yields about 1/2 cup per serving. Serves: 8 Points per serving: 1

Gotta go get something done since I have the afternoon to myself. See ya later.

"I am old enough to know that victory is often a thing deferred, and rarely at the summit of courage...What is at the summit of courage, I think, is freedom. The freedom that comes with the knowledge that no earthly thing can break you." - Paula Giddings
Old 01-13-2002, 03:12 PM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Hello ladies.

Thin I forgot to wish you a happy birthday.

Well I am trying to cook healthy today. I mad a tropical trifle out of the WW cookbook I have for dessert. I am going to cook a meat loaf out of it also .

DH and son are watching the Green Bay Packers Brett Favre is from Mississippi.

I think I am going into the archives tomorrow. I need some info to join the DAR (something else to do).

I better go. I need to get a move on and do some work.
Old 01-13-2002, 03:28 PM   #9  

Here is my recipe...I know, I know many won't like onions but I love them and I can eat a lot!!!

Roasted Vidalias - 0.5 Points

Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :1:00
Categories : Vegetables

4 medium Vidalia onions or other sweet onions -- (about 2 pounds)
peeled and cut into 8 wedges
Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Arrange onion wedges, flat side down, on a jellyroll pan coated with
cooking spray; lightly coat onions with cooking spray. Sprinkle thyme,
salt, and pepper over onions. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Turn
onions over; bake an additional 25 minutes. Spoon onions into a serving
dish; drizzle with vinegar. Yield: 4 servings.

Serving size (3/4 cup)
Per serving: Cal 57 (6% from fat), Pro 1.7g, Fat 0.4g (Sat Fat 0.1g), Carb
12.6g, Fib 2.7g, Chol 0mg, Iron 0.8mg, Sod 297mg, Calc 36mg
Selections: 1 FR/V
Weight Watcher Points: 0.5

Thin You ARE busy !!!! I agree with you on the dieting. We always want the perfect circumstances. As you said, there aren't any. My thin friends sometimes eat chocolate, sometimes overeat, sometimes have greasy food - it's life. I am totally with you I don't want to stand still in my efforts for another year. I want to make some Progress.

Your recipe looks good... thanks.

Grannie What's DAR?

This morning it started snowing so fast it was like rain. It finally quit and I went out to shovel. I fell and my right knee and right arm HURT . I don't know if I will be doing much belly dancing today!!!

I guess I will be forced to keep checking this thread for posts.
Old 01-13-2002, 06:36 PM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

DAR is the Daughters of the American Revolution its a group for the female ancestors of patriots of the american revolution
Old 01-13-2002, 07:00 PM   #11  

Ahhhh I should have known that. Thanks.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:10 AM   #12  

Hi everyone,

Started off okay. Woke up at 5am, exercised to Richard's Sweat & Shout. First time for me, it was different. I felt very energetic today. I could feel the fat burning. I weighed/measured yesterday and took "before" pictures. Argh. I'm starting from square one. I've decided to alternate days between Richard and Kathy Smith's March to Fitness. The first 15 minutes was tough, not a drop of sweat. The knee lifts came in and I began to sweat. It felt good. The holidays melting off me. We still have the tree up and I aerbicized to the tree lights. It added the right touch.

Tomorrow is another day and I'll spend the evening setting goals for myself.

Sweet dreams,
Malia

249/139
Old 01-15-2002, 06:22 AM   #13  
I'm on my way!

This is weird...what happened to the posts from yesterday?

Did yesterday never happen? I sure hope so because when I weighed in last night I lost 7 lbs...I sure hope it wasn't a dream! LOL

I am woman hear me roar! I am back on track and plan to stay there till I get to goal. I know there will be a few detours along the way but I will make it to the end this time and I am taking you all with me!!

Well I have a sleeping baby in my lap and its hard to type so I will catch up to you all when I get to work this morning!

Michelle
Old 01-15-2002, 07:34 AM   #14  

Congrats Prism & Michelle you two are inspiring.....

Tuesday's tip.....

Do it once
Most dieters spend half their lives dieting.
Every January, they start a new diet.
Every February, they give up.
Then in May or June they start again.
By July they've given up again.
Then in September they start again.
But within a month they've quit once again.
And so it goes on. Year after year.
Why spend your whole life dieting?
Do it once, do it properly and get on with the rest of your life

EXACTLY!!!!

Sure hope they have the server fixed...had another panic attack when I couldn't get on last night.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:59 AM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Morning all
When I got ready to post last night the server was down. Ahhhh

How is everyone. I checked out a fitness club just for ladies but DH said we couldn't afford it right now. OH well I'll have to do it at home.

Food was ok yesterday.
Congrats Prism and Michelle way to go.

Had to take my son to work this morning his trucks oil light keeps coming on. He works 15 miles away so had to get up at 4:45.
Closed Thread