Old 12-01-2006, 06:51 AM   #1  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default LAWL Losers and Friends - December 2006

Welcome to a new month at the best support site at 3FC!!
Not that us strong women at LAWL need it, but here's some to get you through this celebratory month!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:56 AM   #2  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Default 2 week challenge with a prize

(I put this on the November thread last night; didn't want folks to miss it!)

Okay - I need a challenge to motivate me and get me through the next two weeks. Saturday morning I am going to step on my home scale, butt naked, right after I wake up. That will be my starting weight. I will be POP and exercise and see where I am, weightwise, on Saturday morning, December 16.

I would like to get folks to join me in the challenge and there is a prize for the winner! Yes, even I could be a winner!

The prize is a very neat wooden photo cube ornament kit (you can see more detail at loveontheblocks.com). I just bought this at a craft show this afternoon. It's a lot neater than the picture on the website shows.

The rules:
(1) Only participate if you are truly up for the challenge for the full 2 weeks, and can report your starting weight to me by Saturday, 12N eastern time.
(2) PM me if you are interested in playing;
(3) You must have started the program on or before October 1, 2006 (sorry to the newbies, but this makes it a bit more fair for those of us that have slowed down after the honeymoon phase!)
(4) The winner will be based on percentage of weight lost vs. actual pounds (I think that's how Biggest Loser does it).

I'll mail the photo ornament kit on Saturday, Dec 16, so the winner will have plenty of time to create a special Christmas ornament for yourself or someone special! Of course, my goal is NOT to mail the ornament; I want to win! only time will tell!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:25 AM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Happy December!

Hi Joni - I will join your challenge - I'll PM you to officially throw my hat in the ring. I am a little bummed at my recent screech to a stop, loss-wise, so maybe this will keep me focused.

It is supposed to get downright nasty here, weather-wise, today. I think it is the same storm that you guys in the midwest have been getting. Right now it is 60 degrees here, but we are going to have some major temp clash soon, with thundersnow (it's wild) and very high wind. Luckily I got the christmas decorations up outside last weekend!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning! Happy December!

Joni - I'm in! I will PM you also to officially ante up.

Have lots to do at work today, but it's desk work so I will check in and catch up on what happened with everyone at the end of the November thread.

I will get my kitchen sink and plumbing in tomorrow and a quote for the backsplash. I am SOOOOO sick of processed foods. I can't wait to cook! I am retaining water like a sponge from all of the dining out and frozen dinners. I'm hitting the lemon water today and hopefully cooking some yummy tilapia tomorrow night in my kitchen.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Height: 5'5"

Joni-I'm IN! I doubt I'll win, but I definitely need the motivation!

I was up 3lbs on Wed. From MON! What?! I blame it on water weight and higher sodium intake. I don't know how else I could have gained 3lbs in 2 days! Geez. We'll see where I'm at today. I think it might be a TO weekend!

Everyone be safe if there's a storm coming your way! I'm not sure what Minneapolis is in for yet, but we're used to it, so it won't come as that big of a surprise.
meagain716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/199/145

Jonie~
Please count me in. I really need the motivation, and would love to see my goal of 180 by Christmas. I know it's a long shot but I really want to try. I'm very goal oriented, and especially with my weight loss.
Thanks for putting up the prize, this is a wonderful idea.

Also, Cassi do you have a good tilapia recipe?? I have alot of it, but it gets so dry when I bake it, and just put seasoning(Lemon pepper)on it. I'm used to putting butter, and olive oil, salt pepper on it(the whol works). I could really use your help in this category.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Candace
cevert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #7  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Candace - looks like Cassi's off line: Here are her 2 "ever popular" recipes: one for tilapia and 1 for tuna!

Tilapia - This one sounds weird, but it is so good. Sprinkle the tilapia with Mortons, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Spray a pan with Pam and heat over med-high heat. Put in fish to brown. Before flipping the fish, put Pam on top of the fish so the second side gets nice and brown. When it's done, top with 1T horseradish sauce and 1 oz. Kraft Grated Parmesan 2% Cheese. I usually serve with sauteed mushrooms and either broccoli, zucchini or onions. I don't miss the extra starch because the portion is so big. But... if I do want something, I make some instant brown rice and throw in a packet of the no sodium chicken broth for flavor and serve along the fish, and sprinke a little of the cheese from the fish on the rice too.

Tuna - 1 can of tuna in water mixed with 1T RF mayo, some onion, Morton's lite salt, pepper, and then a little bit of garlic powder, onion powder and paprika (this makes a no-salt version of McCormick's chicken seasoning). I put this in the food processor and make it nice and smooth, and you don't notice you only have 1T of mayo. If I'm at home, I will split a 4" pita and put it on each side with a slice of RF cheese (or 1 slice for two halves if I had my cheese at breakfast) and broil for a few minutes for a tuna melt. Also, you can put it in a tortilla.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:47 AM   #8  

Thank Joni! These are still my favorites.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

IT'S A SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning ladies,

I got my wish. Yes, I have to use a personal or vacation day, but I don't care, I am just happy that I don't have to drive out in that mess. I can go out later if I need to, but right now I am in my PJ's checking out the new December thread.

It seems so funny that it's December already. It's already close to Christmas and I tell you it looks a lot like Christmas outside today.

I think I am going to look for some cute chocolate brown boots today a little later, to go with the cute outfit DH bought me.

Nicole, I will PM you concerning the challenge. I am in. I am not moving much and it's getting a little frustrating.

I will check back later. Everyone have a great day!
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:59 AM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning ladies! Joni, I am definitely in, you are the bomb for offering this!

Candace- I love to put tillapia fillets in a skillet sprayed with pam, brown briefly on each side, then add about 1/4 cup of water and cover for a few minutes. After the fish flakes nicely, sprinkle with mortons, chili powder, and squeeze half of a lime over it. It is so good.

Cassie- Good luck with your kitchen, I hope that you can get it finished ASAP!

I get to stay home for a while this morning. It is so nice just to be here. We put up the tree last night. It looks cute, and the kids are thrilled with it. Have a wonderful, POP day ladies!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:06 AM   #11  

Katie - I tried the tilapia with lime, but just browned it in Pam and squeezed lime over the top. I obviously missed a step and the chili powder! I will have to try this one again. The lime was good, but it seemed to need a little something. I'm sure it's the chili powder.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/199/145

Thanks for the good ideas ladies. I will try one, maybe even both this weekend.
Do you guys know if the No name brand of Tilapia are on plan?? They come pre marinated.
cevert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #13  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Morning Ladies
Numb Bum is back! My class is over and I am now a certified Home Stager. We had a class trial yesterday where we had to go into a 5 bedroom home that a couple with kids had lived in for 28 years and completely transform it. It was fascinating and exhausting. I did not even see my girls for 3 days even though we were in the same house as I was gone early and home late. Just went to WI and was down to 191.6 so I'm 1.6 lbs away from my mini goal and just shy of 30lbs... WOOOOOOOHOOOOO.. But I was very sad not to get the Clapper! AW SHUCKS
Now off to teach a Signing workshop.. I wear many hats.. but will catch up this weekend!

Missed you all

Kristen
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #14  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Morning all! Bummer--we had to come to school today--oh well--it's gonna stink having to make up yesterday in April--blah.

Yesterday was a good reminder why I love to work. A) my kids drove me a little nuts with the in & out with wet clothes. B) I am NOT good a making healthy food choices when we are piled up with hot cocoa and snacks. Needless to say--I was up slightly and I hope I can blame the chex mix. Oh well, today is a new day, new month--so far so good.

Congrats to you losers and to those (me!) hanging on. I got a nice PM from Barb (Gamababa) and she sends her hellos--so "HELLO!". Maybe all our oldies will pop in for some Christmas cheer.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #15  
FBD/8-18-08

HAPPY DECEMBER EVERYONE!!!!

It's kind of hard to get in the Christmas mood here... it's 72 degrees, and balmy with rain! Good grief!! "Ho Ho" is a Ho Hum!

Anyway, the boys moved furniture for me last night while I was at church working so we can put up the this weekend. It is by no means a quick thing. I put over a thousand lights on it, antique glass beads, and when I'm done, I add the crystal icycles on the end of branches "just so"... It really is a pain, but it's gorgeous when I'm done... and of course, there are no "balls" on our tree (It's a female tree because there's already too much testosterone in this house!!!) - every ornament is different. Can you tell I'm into it?!? I collected ornaments all my life and unfortunately lost them in a house we rented while building our first home shortly after getting married. They were stored in the basement and mildew and mold ruined them. And yes, I cried for a couple of days!

Joni - Thanks for putting up the prize - I think you're awesome too! Definitely a gift to us all here.

Kim, I've never heard of thundersnow, but it sounds cool to be honest! We did have a tornado come to our back door a few years ago and then suddenly make an unexplained right into another county. Of course, the boys and I were in the bathroom praying it away... so we weren't surprised! It was cool to hear the state policeman tell us what he saw though...

Cassi - I am sooooo excited for you and your new kitchen!!! We have a dream of remodeling our along with our DR one day... it won't be anytime soon unless a huge blessing comes down the pike!

Candace - I don't know where I've been but I LOVE your avatar!!! What a bunch of cuties! (including MOM!) - About the marinade on tilapia, check the sodium content... usually a marinade had a huge amount so I would avoid it! I get my tilapia at Sams in a 4# bag for $10.00. Food Lion here has it on sale this week for $2.99/lb... If you want to try a marinade that is sodium free, Mrs. Dash has some good ones - although I can't imagine any of them on fish... but maybe?!

Ulanda - I am detecting a glorious change in how you see yourself and it truly is awesome!!! Seems like the butterfly has emerged! You go girlfriend!!! You are beautifully and wonderfully made!

Katie - I'm with Cassi. I wrote down your tilapia recipe and I don't remember chili powder!!! It that new?!? I loved it with just the lime juice but I can't wait to try it with the chili powder!

I gotta get some chicken in the oven for 2nd day of TO... gotta do some keying so I can decorate my house this weekend!!!
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote