The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default 11/29 Show Discussion Thread

What did you guys think? I wasn't too surprised really. It's getting kind of sad and anticlimatic now. Next week it's on early and is 2 hours. They will get down to the Final 4. I think that's the last episode before the finale, if I heard right tonite.

Was it me, or did Adrian actually gain? I thought she left the ranch at 163 and she was 166 in the follow up at home? Or maybe it was 173/166 and I'm remembering wrong.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:56 AM   #2  
Fat-be-gone

I think she did gain. She looked pretty much the same as when she left. they should of kept her around because I don't think she would of been much of a threat.

I'm getting pretty blah about the show. I find myself forwarding (thank god for my DVR) just to see who gets voted off and what they look like now. I can't wait to see the finale and what the remaining people look like now.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #3  

You know, with Kai being the sole contestant on the cover of Prevention, I think she's one of the final 2. I mean, they already know, right? They just don't know who THE winner is until the day before the finale when they take the final weight. (The flashing on the screen is fake, it's not a real scale, they all weigh in the day before but they don't know the number until the official weigh-in, but the producers know when to zoom in for the close ups when the "shocking" news hits.) I think it will be Kai and Eric.

I couldn't believe how upset Bob got last nite that Eric voted against blue. I mean does Bob not get that all the players are solo now? I don't think they would vote Eric off just bc he was blue - it's all about numbers now.

Oh well, I think alot of people are hohum with the show this season, as evidenced by there only being 2 posts here by noon the day after! lol
Old 11-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

I found the show interesting last night ....

I feel Eric did what he had to do to stay in the "game"... And I think, but maybe it's just me, that Bob was afraid that if Eric would be voted off he would have no one to train, and hence not be on TV show himself... Poor Bob ... Don't get me wrong though I do love Bob and feel he is a much better motivator than the girl (I can't remember her name right now )

Adrian, I feel is a cry baby ... She wanted Jaron to lose the race so SHE could see her family cause she'd been on the ranch for 3 weeks... Well, duh , HE misses his family too!!

Adrian DID gain weight but I found she looked much buffer than when she was on the show, so she is definitely doing her weight training...

Just my 2 cents
Old 11-30-2006, 02:09 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Adrian, I feel is a cry baby ... She wanted Jaron to lose the race so SHE could see her family cause she'd been on the ranch for 3 weeks... Well, duh , HE misses his family too!!
I was so glad to see her go. I thought she had a lot of nerve for trying to talk him into "letting" her win. Even my son who is 9 commented on that.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #6  

Cool

Is it my imagination or did this season seem shorter than the previous ones? Maybe it's all the shuffling that went on. Hope they go back to the original format next year. Makes it difficult to "bond" with any of the contestants and because of the format they didn't bond very well with each other. I don't like any of them much, except for Wiley. I think it will be Kai and Eric at the end. Bob was a little over the top about the team stuff but I think he was concerned that he'd be booted off if he had nobody to train. Yes, Adrian did put on weight afterwards. But she looks fit.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:40 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I find the show pretty boring and just look forward to the weigh-in at the end and the before and after pictures. 2 hours next week is just waaaay too long. I personally can't stand Heather, not too big a fan of Kai either, have no feeling towards Jaron - he has ZERO personality and we barely know him. Bob was stupidly harsh on Erik. It's easy for Bob to chew him out for sending home a "teammate", Bob will get paid whether or not one of his teammates win or lose. Erik won't.

The one I really want to see go home is Caroline Rhea. How the heck did they choose her to host a weightloss show? Is it her whiny voice, or is it the fact that she is so knowledgeable about fitness and health?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #8  

I'm glad they finally got rid of that cry baby girl. I mean come on! I can't believe she wanted that guy to let her butt win. He missed his family too and neither one of them had been there as long as any of the rest. Bravo for her getting voted off, even though I haven't liked Heather from the first show. I also think she gained, but not too much and she does look fit.

I thought that thing with Bob was more HIM getting upset because he may be off the show too if Eric get's voted off. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I don't think him and Kim get along to well and they are competing against eachother too. I don't like that gal. This is my first year watching, so I never saw Jillian...I don't like Kim just cuz I don't, LOL!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:07 PM   #9  

It never occurred to me that Bob would have no role if all of blue went home; I knew before they let people train with whom they wanted and just split up & Wiley went and trained with Bob instead of Kim. I think he would still be there, albeit feeling defeated. It's never been a total wipeout in previous seasons so I guess we don't know what to expect!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

I started losing interest a little when the blue team started being wiped out. I really liked the blue team a lot better. I can't stand Heather, and thats probably just the show catching her bad side, but her and Kai and Wylie for that matter just don't seem like "nice" people.

Since Bobby and Mark are gone, I'm rooting for Jaron... and I guess Erick (Only because I love Bob)
Old 11-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
The one I really want to see go home is Caroline Rhea. How the heck did they choose her to host a weightloss show? Is it her whiny voice, or is it the fact that she is so knowledgeable about fitness and health?
I absolutely positively AGREE!!! She's looking better but ....
Old 11-30-2006, 11:48 PM   #12  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Jaron is the one I want to win this year...I agree it just ain't the same. Part missing Jillian, part not bonding with the contestants. I was rooting for Adrian just because she and Jaron kicked way more butt at home than anyone on the ranch. But please....Jaron is going to let her win? She lost even me. She does look pretty good now, even with a 3 pound gain since the ranch.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:21 PM   #13  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Whahh! Whahh! I wanna win!!! It's not FAIR!!! I'm going HOME!!! Boo hoo!!!
Just what I expected from Adrian...
Yes, she has gained since she came home.
I tape the shows, FF to the end, see who goes, and call it a night.
Sigh.
The previous seasons were better...
Old 12-07-2006, 03:01 PM   #14  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Frankly, Adrian bugged me from the moment she came onto the show. Talk about a big complainer! I'm actually amazed that she even lost any weight with that attitude!

And yes, she did gain when she went back home. Remember how she was crying over never being able to move out of the 160's range? She's still in it.......

True, Kai and Heather remind me of two sorority chicks in college that you just avoided at all cost, but at the same time, their very tactics have enabled them to stay in the game this long. So we shall see if either one takes home the gold....
Old 12-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #15  

Default The Biggest Loser -- Kai and Heather

Well, I am glad last season is over!! I disliked Kai and Heather intensely...I am happy for Kai's weightloss now she can work on the MENTAL ISSUES...I am happy for Heather's pregnancy but, she was just as bad as Kai only older and just as immature...

Adrian and the young man who came to house after everyone else had been there for a while...and everyone in the house was upset because the two from home had lost more weight. Especially Kai and Heather, felt like the two others had it easier and got to see their families and still lose just as much weight...I think everyone at the house had it easier...they had Bob and Kim...they had someone to cook their low fat meals...they were pretty isolated from outside temptations...

Although, the other contestants were at home with their families...most of them had to go to work/school, bypass all the temptations of the outside world,(McDonalds, Burger King, Bakeries...etc) and probably in their home...after working and/or school manage to exercise at least a couple hours...so you tell me who had it worst...

I've seen other series where the contestants become cranky...I probably would to, especially with a camera shoved in my face...but, Kai and Heather were just like to bullies, hateful, and very very jealous...

chiari