View Poll Results: What would you rather receive for the holiday?
A present to open 8 72.73%
A gift card to a specific store 0 0%
Cash 4 36.36%
Other/none of the above 1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies (#04)

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!!

Old 11-29-2006, 03:30 PM   #2  

Unhappy Please post, even if just to say hi!!!

Carol
Debbie
Sherry
Ramona
Doni

We miss y'all!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:59 AM   #3  

Sorry about that!

Well, ladies, today is my 2-year wedding anniversary. Man, things have changed in the last two years. Who knew I'd make it this far? Things are beginning to get better (being married), but I still have days where I hate it/him/his mother/etc. I'm sure he has the same kinds of days, though

Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 11-30-2006, 09:41 AM   #4  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Happy anniversary Cheryl! I'm glad to hear that things are getting better for you and Stewart. I wish you both nothing but happiness in the future!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:20 AM   #5  
Losing it!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CHERYL! My, 2 years go by fast! I can't believe it has been this long. I remember when you posted and suprised us with the news. BTW: What were you spiking your coffee with yesterday?? LOL!
Happy to see the thread is up and running this morning!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:22 AM   #6  
Losing it!

Cold here! Only 13 out and we had our first storm blast through last night and dump snow. SNOW is a nasty 4 letter word to me! LOL! Last Thursday/Thanksgiving it was in the 70's and today it is in the teens. What a difference a week makes!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Happy Anniversary Cheryl!

The family is gone. The laundry is washed and folded. I'll clean out the fridge tonight. No more leftover icky food!! The only problem is, I haven't been to the grocery store, either, so we may have to order in tonight!!

Things are back to normal (well, as normal as can be for this time of year). DD's 16th birthday was yesterday. She had a wonderful day--her friends surprised her at school with a cake and presents. She was very animated and happy! Now that December is here, she is extra busy. She has 10 performances in the first 15 days of the month and if she gets her driver's license, she'll get to drive to all of one of them! That means I'll get to chauffeur her to and from the other nine!

Have a wonderful day floozies!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #8  

Thanks Gayle! I can't believe how quickly these years have gone by, either! I'm so glad things have "shaped up" since I originally said 'I do' (too bad I'm not one of those things!!!!!). I'm so jealous of your weather!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want snow! p.s. I don't drink coffee, but I do like chocolate (hint, hint)

O.K. Allison, you can't say other/none of the above and then not elaborate! What would your ideal holiday gift be?

Thank you, too, to Suzy! Have you spoken with "our" boy lately? How's he doing? I'd like to send him a card if you don't think he'd mind. Would you consider pm'ing me an address for him?
Old 11-30-2006, 12:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 268/230/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi, ladies.

Happy anniversary, Cheryl!

I really need some motivation...Grrrr....Last year at this time, I was down 50 lbs. total. I've slowly added back 15! And most of them have been in the last 2 months. No excuses, although I could think of some if coaxed. I slacked off on exercise first, then on the food. So, this week, I'm trying to find my groove. I've exercised every day (it's tough getting back into it!). Right now I have tennis elbow, so I can't do some of the strength training that I used to do. It's getting a little better with the help of PT.

So, anything I need to do to get all Floozied up?
Old 11-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #10  

Cheryl--sorry I didn't elaborate.

I guess it's because it isn't all about the presents.

I remember years ago, we'd all get together for a big brunch on Christmas morning (after church for those that went) and we'd haul all the presents to one house. After breakfast, we'd sit and each person would open a present. Everyone would watch and comment. There were about 20 of us, so this was a very time consuming endeavor!!! Afterward, we go to a different home for a big Christmas dinner.

But then there were deaths (the grandmas), families moved away (I was one) and a divorce (my sister) and the tradition ended.

If I could have anything for Christmas, it would be a return to that time.

I try to recreate it myself, but there are far fewer of us, and once the presents are open, my DD is back in her room on the computer and DS is in his room building whatever toy get got. I do succeed in getting everyone together for a game or two, but it just isn't the same.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:50 PM   #11  

Did anyone read this thread? Cheryl, I know you did. It is beautiful:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99065
Old 11-30-2006, 01:07 PM   #12  
Losing it!

WELCOME LINDA! Join right in!

Allison, I want a simple Christmas this year, in fact I mentioned to Steve about getting a real tree this year instead of putting up our huge artificial tree. I love it, but I would like to focus on the holiday instead of everything being so commercialized. Lets not even discuss family! I dread trying to sort through everyones schedules and stubborness to try to come up with a time that will work for everyone. My family still sits in a big huge circle around the room and opens a gift at a time. It can go on for some time but I enjoy seeing everything compared to being over in a matter of minutes.

Cheryl, I hear Irish cream is good mixed in hot chocolate....so you were nipping a bit yeaterday, huh?? LOL!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:32 PM   #13  

If any of y'all are interested (and I promise my feelings won't be hurt if you're not!!!) I have a blog spot now. It's not very fancy, and I just figured out how to upload pictures today, but it's there if y'all'd like to check it out!!

http://ilovestewart.blogspot.com/
Old 11-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #14  
Losing it!

GREAT JOB CHERYL!!!!!!!! You don't give yourself enough credit. I noticed you love the Little House books in your profile. I am considering getting Allison the first in the series of Little House books for her birthday or Christmas but wondered if they would be to advanced for her (soon to be 8 yrs.) she is reading at a very high level for her age and also seems to be comprehending what she is reading. What do you think?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:01 PM   #15  

Get them ALL for her. Read them yourself as well!

The first one is Little House in the Big Woods and it's probably her reading speed. Plus, the words are big (type) which would make it even easier reading. She'll be hooked in no time....Bwa aaa aaa aaa.

Actually, now that I think of it, you might even consider reading a chapter aloud to her each night. (Then you'll all be hooked!!)

I actually have an excerpt from Farmer Boy hanging on the wall in my office 'cause it's relevant to my job as a Farm Loan Officer .
Closed Thread