Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 10:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/251/145

Height: 5'4"

Default My Commitments for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila53 View Post
Okay, I'm going to get (lovingly) tough here. You CAN stop, Nalynn--if you want this bad enough....

So, my not-asked for advice to you is to sit down with yourself and see if you really are willing to give up what you want right now (food) to get something in the future (good health, great clothes, and everything that comes with feeling better about yourself). If the answer is yes, then make a commitment to yourself and start making the changes that will support you.
I think sometimes tough love can be just what you need to start something you've been dragging your feet on. In honor of the "tough love" I received (and am so grateful for), I am making the following commitments:
Today I will not eat chocolate
Today I will drink at least 8 glasses of water
Today I will get on the treadmill
Today I will focus on what I can do to make TODAY successful and not worry about the long road ahead. I will save that for another day.

I feel better already!! Who wants to join me in making some commitments for the day?????
Old 11-30-2006, 10:44 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Ooooh Nalynn I like this - A LOT and it's just what I need as the past few days I've slacked off a bit - stupidhead that I am. Maybe we should keep this going as a daily thread?

My commitments for today are as follows:

I will not overeat my portions, like last nights turkey breast that wasn't even good
I will drink at least 64 oz. of water
I will exercise for at least 40 mins.
I will not nibble during the day, even if it's small amounts and it's healthy food, those calories count too.
I will not nibble during the day
I will get refocused and remember that I CAN and HAVE to do this
I will not be so hard on myself, it gets me no where
And one more thing I wll not nibble during the day.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:44 AM   #3  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Fabulous Nalynn
Old 11-30-2006, 12:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I really like this and need this for today. I love the motto about what you want right now versus what you want the most. The smell of chinese food is very hard for me to weigh against being healthy.

For today:

I will stay within my calorie range
I will drink 8 glasses of water
I will allow myself one healthy snack
I will remind myself, this is not a diet, this is a lifestyle that i HAVE TO continue on if i want to be healthy and feel good about myself
I will remind myself that even if i have weeks where i dont lose a pound, whether i worked hard or not....i am not a failiure and it is worth continuing.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I will eat healthy foods today
I will drink more water
I will take a walk
I will make good choices at the grocery store today
I will NOT think negative thoughts about myself!

Last edited by CLCSC145; 11-30-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #6  

I really need this thread today. I've been off the wagon for three months, and unfortunately gained back 16 lbs. in that time. BUT- today is a new day!

I will NOT beat myself up for past mistakes.
I will drink 64 oz. of water.
I will stay within my points today.
I will do at leat 30 min. exercise tonight..no matter how tired I am.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Thanks for starting this!

My commitment for today is to make cookies for my church's holiday bazaar as I promised (why, oh, why did I say I would?) and not eat any cookies or any of the ingredients.

Oh, and when you follow through on these commitments, be sure and post in the November NSV thread because these will definitely be wonderful NSVs!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:53 AM   #8  
Never want to go back!

How did everybody do? Great, I hope!

I kept mine! I didn't go to the grocery store, but I think I met that one by default since I couldn't make bad choices there if I didn't go (I HATE going).

I was pretty tired and just shut my eyes for a "second" at around 7:30 and woke up at 9PM! I could've passed on the walk (it's chilly for CA and I was toasty in my slouchy clothes and sleepy), but I promised I'd walk, so I dragged myself out for a half hour. Yay!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:17 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yay!!! Good for you CLCSC on keeping to your commitment. Did I notice a little downward movement on your ticker? If so I did pretty good as well. I barely nibbled, really practically nothing, but didn't quite meet the 40 mins of exercise, but did do 30. On to today;

I will drink plenty of water
I WILL stay within my calorie allotment
I will not nibble, no nibbling
Since it's raining I will do an exercise video this MORNING
I will stop being so down on myself, it's been a rough couple of weeks, it was bound to happen. I can't expect 3 teenage daughters not to act like, well, 3 teenage daughters. I will not turn to food during times of stress.
I will still not turn to food during times of stress.
I will remember my goals and remember the big prize down the road.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:41 AM   #10  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I will drink plenty of water/fluids
I will keep track of what I eat and put in my mouth!
I will do my small exercises (since I can't go to the gym and do my regular)
I will be positive and optimistic
I will recognize that I am want to be on track more than I want any food that is available to me!

Good day to us all!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:48 AM   #11  

I almost kept all of my commitments....it was not in cards for me to exercise last night...between traffic..helping kiddies with homework...and making dinner for DH who got home late...I did not stop until 10:00pm. Let's see how today goes....

CLCSC- Way to go on getting up and walking..even when you were nice and cozy! I need to learn from you!

I will drink my 32oz of water.
I will stay within my points
I will try to exercise 30min. (even at midnight if need be! LOL)
I will keep in touch over the weekend (a biggie for me)

Last edited by mookiemunchkin; 12-01-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #12  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Awesome Idea!

My committments for today:

I will drink at least 5 glasses of water (have to work up to 8)
I will not eat cookies while I make them to take to work(or at work)
I will not overeat my portions of spaghetti carbonara (my fav!)
I will walk home from work (with my new shoes)

and unfortunately, I got a new scale... and have to change my ticker, so I will start over on losing the 5-10 lbs I thought I lost.

Dee
Old 12-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #13  
Never want to go back!

Bummer on the scale, Dee. And great job, everyone! Nalynn, how about you who started us out on this super idea?

Here's my commitments for today:
Walk for 30 minutes
Buy healthy food at the grocery store
Make a good choice when I go out to dinner tonight with friends, even if they are eating something "fun"
Drink more water than diet soda

Have a great day everybody!
Old 12-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #14  

My commitments for today:

I will only weigh myself once, not every time I am on the same floor as the scale.
I will go to sleep before midnight.
I will eat something, even though I feel like I'm dying.
I will lift weights for at least 20 minutes.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/251/145

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations to everyone!! Sorry I'm so late in posting my results... it has been a crazy day!

In a nutshell, I did not keep all of my commitments, BUT I did have the best "health" day that I've had in a long time!! I didn't get on the treadmill, and I only drank six glasses of water, but overall, the day was a VICTORY for me. I resisted the overwhelming urge to stop and get fastfood for dinner. It took every ounce of strength I could muster.... I literally got into the lane to turn into McDonalds and then talked myself out of it, and then changed my mind again and started on my way to another fastfood restaurant. Long story short, the internal battle went on for over 20 minutes (literally the little devil on one shoulder and angel on the other). In the end, the me that wants to be healthy won the battle. Yesterday, I made more right decisions than wrong.... and it was a day I could be proud of

I'm too late to post commitments for today, but just having posted for yesterday helped me stay stong today! I will be out of touch this weekend because I have a craft show, but I hope you will all continue to post your commitments and your results, and I will catch up on Monday.

My Commitments for this weekend:
I will not eat junkfood at the craft show (no matter how good those cinnamon roasted almonds smell)
I will drink 8 glasses of water each day
I will not partake in any alcoholic beverages at bowling on Saturday nigh
I will make more right decisions than wrong
I will start basking in the "small" victories like yesterday and start realizing that they are actually large victories!!
I will write down all of of things that I would like to acheive next week

On a side note, I have to share two other things.... First, I love you guys and I love this thread.... can we please keep it up?!? I think it has truly made a difference in helping me find the strength and renewed commitment that I've needed.... and I couldn't wait to get online tonight to see how you all did and see what you're new commitments were.

The second thing.... I had a moment of realization tonight. My son is twenty months old now, and I had planned to be losing weight ever since he was born. I just thought to myself tonight that if I had just lost two pounds a month for the last tweny months I would be 40lbs lighter. Duh, right??? But I never think in those terms. In all of my dieting efforts in the past, I would have considered 2lbs a month a failure. In fact, I wouldn't have even made it a whole month.... if the scale only moved 1lb in two weeks I would have given up. But now, I can see the victory in that. I am tired of the 'all or nothing mentality'. I am going to start embracing the "smaller" victories and see them as success.... not failure. Twenty months from today I would much rather see that I have celebrated many small victories, instead of being in the same place because I treated everything as a failure. I just had to share this, because this is a huge shift in my thinking.... and I literally feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I can't wait to check back on Monday!!
Closed Thread