South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 06:53 AM   #1  

Default Think Thin Thursday Chick Chat

Up N At'em Chicadees!
Just crankin us up for the day -and headin' back to bed.

You know I'm not feelin good if I'm opting for Tea in the morning!!! I hope all you Mahvalous Chicadoos have a great day!!!!
The tea kettle is a whistlin' Time to make a cuppa , fluff up my pillows and trundle off to bed!!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:20 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aw, Schatzi, I hope you aren't getting the "thing" that seems to be going around the chicken coop! Take care! Dr Ruth recommends ginger tea for sickies.

Wow! Snow and ice out West and yet yesterday was positively balmy - a gentle April day! I did manage to get a bit of work done outside and had young Eric rake for two hours after school. No bulbs in but there's hope.

Harry is back at Maple View, somewhat the worse for wear, I'm afraid. He is very tired and weak with low BP. The staff at Maple View are keeping a close watch over him as he really can't afford another fall. They've adjusted his BP meds and have assigned a student nurse one on one so that should help a bit in the daytime. I will go in this afternoon with a dog for a visit and see if that perks him up a bit.

So life goes on and I'll start gearing up for Christmas and dealing with stuff I've neglected lately. Kevin comes to measure for eavestroughing today and Donna, my new cleaner, may start too. I also have a chair that needs to go to the upholsterer and would love it back before Christmas. I doubt that will happen.

Have a lovely day, Chickies, and stay warm and dry if you are in the tumultuous teenage days of Winter!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schatzi! TEA for you this morning??? We know you must be feeling lousy! Hope you're feeling better real soon, Sweetie!

I got to come home earlier than I thought I would last night. Cindy and Richard caught an earlier flight and were home around 7. The girls were happy that they got to see them before they went to bed, and I was happy to get home at a reasonable hour. We spent the afternoon making stained glass ornaments for the playroom tree, and, oh boy!, what a fustrating project! The crystals were hard to place properly in the molds and kept scattering all over, and it was really hard for Maggie. I think that it was a craft geared more for older kids, but they did turn out nice, and both girls were very proud of their work. Today we're going to paint pine cones and dust them in glitter. I know it will be messy, so we're going to do it outside on the picnic table if it doesn't rain.
Tummy's growling, so I'm going to have a little breakfast. Cola Chicken is on the menu for tonight.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:32 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the reminder, Cottage. Cola chicken will be on my menu tonight - I needed ideas! Your craft times with the Girls sound so nice. We are doing a morning with the Church kids on Saturday to make decorations for the Jesse Tree.

Enjoy the day!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:34 AM   #5  

Good Morning, Ruth! We were posting the same time! I'm happy to hear dear Harry is back at Maple View, but so sorry to hear he's not doing too well. I'm glad he'll have a nurse watching over him 24-7 to make sure he doesn't have another fall. This sure has been a stressful time for you. I hope the worst is over now, and you'll have smooth sailing for a long while.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:38 AM   #6  

P. S. - What's a "Jesse Tree"?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning Chickadolollies!

Guess what?! It's snowing here in Texas! That's right, SNOW!! (I'm a little excited about it )

Started off this morning with some eggs and a V8. I'll make myself some tea once I get to work. The sniffles are still with me as is the slight asthma attack. I work a 10 hour day today and after work I'll be zipping to the grocery store to pick up dog food. Once home, I'll eat a quick dinner and then we're going to put up the Christmas garland. We're decorating in steps this year. I put out the trinkets and figurines two weeks ago, garland tonight, Christmas tree Saturday and lights for the house and pine tree outside Sunday. That should do it!

Cottage: Sounds like you and the girls are crafting machines!! I'm glad you got to get home earlier than thought last night!

Ruth: Sorry to hear that Harry isn't doing well. I'm sure he'll pick back up soon. I hope you have a productive day. Be sure to make some time for Doctor Ruth!

Schatzi: Well, honey, ! Hope you're able to get a good day of rest in! Take care of yourself.

Well, I'm off to do the dishes and then whoosh -- off to work I go! Have a marvelous day everyone!

~Kim
Old 11-30-2006, 08:33 AM   #8  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Ladies!

Schatzi: Hope you feel better! Try some chai tea, its spicy and helps calm me when I'm feeling yucky. But then again I'm obsessed with chai anyway so....

Ruth: It was balmy here yesterday as well. Today we are looking at a nice 75! The weather has been so odd lately. I need to store some of this heat in my backpack for the weekend... it'll be in the 50s by then.

Cottage: Are those stained glass crafts the ones you have to bake after you put the crystals in? I think I remember making those as a kid but I was 10-12.

Me:Woke up to a surprise TOM this morning... that was not fun. I'm sure my doctor is going to love that tomorrow. I have to go in for my annual so I'll have to make sure to give them a call. I'm feeling extra bloated today. Normally on a day to day I just feel kind of "puffy" if thats a word for it but today its like puffy times 100000! Daniel was laying in the bed last night saying that he's starting to feel heavy and thinks he needs a diet. I seriously doubt he can do it considering he loves his sweets and hate veggies.

I made an appointment to go to the weight loss clinic after the holidays. I want to get a firm footing on this whole diet and exercise thing so I can do well in the 8 months I'll have left before my wedding. I'm pretty sure I'll still be doing SB, just want to see what the doctor thinks of my results so far and what he recommends. My biggest fear is the need for surgery after I loose the weight. I just don't want to go through with that and dont have the money to. Hopefully my skin still has enough bounce to it to bounce back!

Well I'm going to enjoy my cinnamon and raisin biscuit Daniel got me from hardees this morning.... Have a good day girls!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:36 AM   #9  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Kim: We were posting at the same time! Snow? In Texas? Isn't that impossible?! Be careful with all the crazy people out there. If they are anything like drivers around here, they can't drive when the sun is shining and its worse when a drop of rain falls!
Old 11-30-2006, 09:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Ok I officially feel like crap - Think today is the worst day of this... Guess this means no exercise for me and it's a jeans day at work. That cold front that I'm sure already hit everyone else came in last night and it's 32 outside... that's seriously 40 degrees colder than it was yesterday.... CRAZY Texas weather...

Would normally respond to everyone but don't really have the energy.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #11  

Sarah, Chellez, and Star, here's some wishes for you, too. Seems like an epidemic is making it's rounds through the Boards!

chellez, yes, the those ornaments are the type that we had to bake. Despite getting the colors jumbled up, they turned out really pretty after all. I bought some of the Sculpy craft ornaments that you have to make and bake, too, and I sure hope they're a lot easier for the girls to do! It's not a lot of fun for them when I have to end up doing most of the work.

Star, I hope your day goes quickly so you can get home and get to work on your decorations! Take care of those sniffles, too!

Sarahslacker, you can keep your 32* weather down there, thank you. We've been enjoying mild temps in the mid 60's and 70's all week, but it's supposed to start going downhill for the weekend. I know we'll have plenty days of freezing weather ahead of us this winter!

I ran a few errands, had coffee with my mother, and have my Cola chicken in the oven. So when I get home tonight all I'll have to do is heat it up a bit. It's smells wonderful already! Here's a funny bit of news - I recieved one of my orders from Overstock.com yesterday, and it was extremely heavy, which was quite unusual considering what I had ordered. I mean, you could hardly pick it up! Here, instead of sending me just one of what I ordered, they sent me 6 of them! Now, what on earth am I going to do with 5 extra wrought iron garden Welcome ornaments that have a horse and a barn on them????? I contacted the company, and they only charged me for the one and said go ahead and keep the extra on them! Oh, well!
Old 11-30-2006, 09:58 AM   #12  

Good Morning all!!
Schatzi- Hope the tea helps, I suggest as much rest as possible.

Ruth- So sorry you are having difficult times lately, it always seems to be around the holidays. Hope thing get better soon!

Cottage
- I LOVE doing Christmas crafts! I am making my baby's stocking today.

Kim
- You're so lucky, I love the snow. Sacrmento is pretty much the same as far as the snow goes.. I have seen hail but I don't think I've ever seen snow here, enjoy!

Chellez- I think I will be joining you with the TOM thing pretty soon, or at least I hope so! Feeling puffy sucks when you are "dieting", don't worry it will be over soon, and good luck at the nutritionist.

Sarah- Hope you are feeling better REALLY soon!

Me- Went to the gym this morning at 4 and had a GREAT workout! Came home and had 3 egg whites and a v8, off to a good start. Here's to a great day for all us Chicks!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:00 AM   #13  

It's cold here in Dallas. Right now it is 32 (feels like 21) with light rain and freezing rain. The schools are open but the roads are starting to freeze over. I'm working from home today but I'm going to pick Brian up right after school if I can before the roads get any worse. Tonight I have a troop guide meeting up in Plano. It's only a 10 minute drive but I do have a couple of small bridges to go over. I'll be driving very carefully. I lived in Michigan for 3 years and the weather was much easier to handle up there. The roads get treacherous here when it's icy. We were outside building a float for the parade when the front went through and dropped the temp 40 degrees last night. At least we'd brought our coats. Some of the boys were not dressed for it.

I've got beef stew in the crockpot. I love stews on a cold night.

Everyone who is sick needs to take it easy. Many people I work with are sick too (all over the country). It's strange to see some much widespread sickness.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Feeling a lot better than I did when I first woke up (THANK YOU COFFEE) - Think I'm gonna have to make a bit pot of soup tonight... I've done lentil, I've done taco soup, so may have to try something new!

Scale said 145 this AM... I love Phase 1!

Last edited by SarahinBalance; 11-30-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:01 PM   #15  

Okay, I know one disadvantage of using the afterschool program at the school for day care. When the school district cancels afterschool activities, it means the day care is cancelled. They did call all the parents to let us know we had to pick up our kids when school got out at 3 but I was still a few minutes late since I was on a conference call for work. And they didn't tell the kids that they weren't going to the cafeteria for afterschool care until they got there and no one was there.

It's still snowing a little but my troop guide meeting is still on tonight so I'll be driving carefully. Luckily I have no overpasses, just a few bridges.
Closed Thread