South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #1  
Slimwithin

Default Week 1 Weigh-in

Well, I had really hoped for a better loss but I'm happy I lost and didn't gain the 3 lb. I also have to keep remembering that because of the change in diet, I've been able to cut back significantly on my diabetes meds and I'm feeling so much more upbeat because of fewer carbs. Before I started Phase 1, all I wanted to do was sleep. Now, I'm raring to go and get so much more accomplished in a day. At this stage in my life (going on 64), good health has become so much more important than superficial appearance, although I sure wouldn't mind being a lot thinner. Trouble is, I know that with weight loss will come wrinkles that my fat has kept plumped out. LOL

Is anyone else just starting Week 2 of Phase 1? It would be nice to have someone to share this experience with.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #2  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hi Linda

There is a phase II on this board that I started. I just started phase II last week and there are a few others just starting too.

Isn't it great to have your energy back! I have noticed that too. Don't worry the weight will come off.

Take Care

TwoPeasInAPod
Old 11-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Saturday was the start of Phase 1 Week 2. I will go to the gym tomorrow and that is where I weigh myself (we do not have a scale at home), though at four days in (last Tuesday) I lost 3 pounds which was pretty cool.

I had last week off which made sticking to things easier. Today was hard at work. We do a "lunch bunch" where one of the five of us cooks all lunches one week and then has four weeks off from cooking. It is not my week and while the meal was SB friendly, it was not filling and not what I would have chosen on my own. Hopefully I will have better success tomorrow.

Ally
Old 11-28-2006, 12:42 AM   #4  
Slimwithin

Nice to meet you, Amasam. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing this plan right. For example, it says you can have low fat cheese but, as far as I know, there are no limits on quantity. Same with the light ricotta cheese. In the menu plans for Phase 1 (in the first SB book), ricotta cheese is only eaten for evening dessert. Does that mean that is the only time you can have it? Or, can you have it for a mid-afternoon as well as an evening snack?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #5  
eagelwoman

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5' 5"

Default Good Start Linda

Hi my daughter and I have both started this SB together. We are on week 2 of phase one. This is not my first try as I lost about 12 pounds two months ago. I went on a 11 day trip with my daughter and we ate our way down the coast. I gained everything back and then some. So now we both got on the SB and weigh in was Monday. I lost 8 pounds and my daughter 7. I think we both lost so much the first week because of water retention from our trip. Any way we are both feeling great and hunger pangs are gone. We are also from BC Linda. How do you like all this snow? I was starting a daily walk this week but hard to get down our driveway. Will keep you posted on how we are doing. Eaglewoman
Old 11-29-2006, 04:42 PM   #6  

Default Welcome Eaglewoman

you and DD (Dear Daughter) are off to a great start! Be sure to check out our recipe section and join our daily chat!And of course, any ??? one of us will be sure to help you! Good luck
Old 11-29-2006, 10:11 PM   #7  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hi Eagelwoman

My daughter and I are also doing SB, thus the name TwoPeasInAPod. We are on phase II now. It's been about 1 month. She has lost 19 lbs. I lost 15 1/2. I imagine that she has the advantage of being a teenager. Tell your daughter to hang in there.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I am at 280lbs, having lost 12 in Phase 1.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #9  
Slimwithin

I'm really nervous about starting Phase 2 on Monday. I'm so afraid the cravings will come back. But, I'm also SO sick of eggs for breakfast. I know you can have them any time of day but I'm not a big egg lover to begin with. I can't just sit and eat a cold hard cooked egg. BLECH!

When I look at the recipe section for Phase 2 in the original South Beach book, it looks to me as if a lot of them could be used in Phase 1 as well. Did anyone else notice that?

EAGLEWOMAN, nice to meet another BCer here. We have several friends in Osoyoos. Too hot there for me. THe snow sure hit us on the coast. Not used to it here at all. Today it started to melt though, so I have hopes it will soon disappear and stay away for the rest of the winter.
Closed Thread