Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 05:15 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Default My Husband ordered PIZZA for DINNER!

I think the subject says it all.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:18 PM   #2  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Is there something else you can eat? Or maybe you could just have one slice and eat it very slowly, then fill up with other, healthier things?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:03 PM   #3  
a brave new me...

I don't think its realistic to never eat pizza again. I have had pizza more than once while losing weight. Figure out the calories per slice and fit it into your program... probably no more than one or two slices depending on the type. Make a decision about how much you can eat ahead of time and choose to stick with it no matter how you are feeling. Eat slowly and enjoy. I am a firm believer that we have to relearn how to live and eat in the "real world" and not temporary "diet land" in order to achieve and sustain permanent weight loss.... this includes occassionally enjoying pizza! If pizza or any other food is a mental trigger to overeat for you, that means you very likely have some emotional/psychological issues to deal with before you can enjoy pizza in moderation. Our inability to make a choice about how much to eat and stick with it is a clear sign that there are deeper issues to address!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:08 PM   #4  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

I agree about working pizza into your plan. I cannot have white bread so if someone orders pizza I eat the toppings. If I make it myself I use whole wheat flour or lowcarb wraps. Still I cannot eat as much as I used to.

TwoPeasInAPod
Old 11-28-2006, 06:27 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

There is a pizza place near me that makes awesome pizza. Their dough has no added fat as well as their sauce (you wouldn't believe how much oil is usually added to pizza dough) and they have wonderful veggie toppings. DH and I eat there fairly often but we keep it pretty healthy. No meat toppings, spinach, mushrooms and eggplant are common toppings for us. They also have broccoli but I haven't been brave enough to try broccoli pizza
Old 11-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #6  
a brave new me...

Lean Cuisine pizzas are actually pretty yummy... I do enjoy them regularly as a low calorie treat.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:39 PM   #7  
I can do it !!!!

Oh how I wish I had a big salad on hand, that would have worked. I also pat the top to get grease off too. But just seeing it and smelling it. The temptation. I ended up having a lean hot pocket (pepperoni). So that was fine.
As far as not having control and over eating and having other issues...I'm not an over eater, that's not why I'm heavy. I saw a thing on Oprah about people who are over weight are eating to fill a void. I don't fully agree with that...maybe for lots of people, yes...but there are many of us that had babies, or have thyroid disease, menapause or other medical issues that truly makes it harder. But I can see where that may be the case for certain people. No hard feelings here!!!!!

Oh and to top it off, there is now LEFT OVER PIZZA...but I will survive!...I will think about how to plan on it and incorporate into my daily calorie intake like you've said and remember this is a new way of living, not just a temporary diet thing
Old 11-28-2006, 06:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

I was in the same position yesterday. I did very well. I had one and half slices and two wings, which was about 600 calories. Whenever pizza is ordered, I tend to take the smallest cut pieces and eat them slowly.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:48 PM   #9  
a brave new me...

2bthinagain... obviously I totally agree that some people gain weight because of medical issues or pregnancy. My comments were specifically addressed towards the concept of "trigger foods" and overeating... the inability to say no or stick with our boundaries (I did preface my comments with "if" since I am not sure of your situation). But I do think for the vast majority, people do not become obese (or develop any eating disorder) without having some sort of psychological issues involved. Regardless, if you are not an overeater then you should have few problems facing temptations like pizza and enjoying it in moderation! You are one of the lucky few.

Last edited by Sojourner; 11-28-2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

I think that you have to be able to eat those things in moderation. If I were to just abstain I wouldn't be training myself for life. We eat pizza one night a week here, I plan my day around it and go for it. I love thin crust mushroom pizza! This isn't about losing weight, it is about a healthy lifestyle.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I understand your frustration I’m not married by whenever I see my siblings they are always wanting to go out somewhere "bad" for dinner (they are slowly getting better). He probable just didn’t think! I guess it’s just everything in moderation. But I do agree with the others that you should (if you didn’t this time next time) that a paper towel and pat off as much of the grease as you can and maybe if you’re not a fan of the type of meat he ordered (if he ordered meat) remove it. Last time I had pizza I just had cheese and did the grease thing but it still made me sick to my stomach because I’m not use to it.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #12  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I've definitely worked pizza into my calorie plan on occasion. I stick with veggie toppings and limit myself to two slices, then I also have a big salad to go with it (there are always salad fixings in my house, I usually eat two salads per day, one with lunch and one with dinner). I've also occasionally had pizza as a treat meal and I'll sometimes have the Lean Cuisine pizzas for lunch. I hardly ever eat fast food, but pizza is an exception for me.

Nelie - your pizza place sounds great, I wish I had a place like that nearby. I love spinach, mushrooms, and eggplant; even broccoli pizza sounds good to me--but we eat all sorts of strange things on pizza here in CA.
Closed Thread