General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 10:56 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Favorite Christmas Song Or Movie

my Favorite Christmas Song Is Silent Night By Manheim Steamroller

Favorite Movie Is The Christmas Story
Old 11-27-2006, 11:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I have a million favorite Christmas songs ~ but my favorite right now is "Christmas Canon" by the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Probably the one I can't get enough of is Mariah Carey's version of "O holy night." I love the Carpenter's "Merry Christmas Darling" and I adore Karen's version of "The Christmas Song." I love Faith Hill's "Where are you Christmas?" too. It's one of the only non-traditional songs that I really like.

My favorite Christmas movie is A Charlie Brown Christmas. AND -- I know (once I watch it ) I'll love It's a Wonderful Life. It's a travesty I haven't seen it, considering I'm a huge Jimmy Stewart fan. I also love Miracle on 34th Street. Oh, and the Muppet Christmas Carol too. I love the Dicken's story in most of its film versions, but I love the Muppets doing it the most.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:59 AM   #3  

I love the "Christmas Canon" by Trans Siberian Orchestra! One of my pop favorites though is "All I Want for Christmas is You." Mariah Carey does a terrific version of that one.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:22 AM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

song, the little drummer boy .

movie, the Grinch who stole Christmas (original not jim carey abomination) and Mixed Nuts.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:12 AM   #5  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

It's a Wonderful Life. I watch it every year and cry every year. I'm sure I've said this in another thread somewhere but I'm still hoping ol' man Potter will get his comeuppance! I just love the way the movie reierates how one person can have a big impact on the lives of others without even realizing it.

Harpo, I love Jimmie Stewart, too!

I also love Nightmare Before Christmas but I watch that at Halloween every year so consider it a Halloween movie, not a Christmas movie.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:49 AM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

I love Nightmare Before Christmas, but I too think of it more of a Halloween story than Christmas. My favorite is Christmas Vacation. Something about that cousin emptying his holding tank into the sewer is just too funny. And the cat eating the tree lights and the squirrel in the tree. Actually, I firmly suspect the person that wrote the parts for Clark Griswold was getting his stuff while studying my dad.

I love the old movies, too, but I get depressed watching them with the way they depicted American Family life back then...with dad's going to work while the moms stayed home and kept house and took care of the kids and the kids having simple expectations from their simple childhood lives. It breaks my heart how fast-paced and materialistic our lives have all become. And how early kids seem to be growing up. I just think the world could use a little more Norman Rockwell and LOT less MTV.

Anyhow...my favorite songs are from Manheim Steamroller. I took my niece to see a lazer show at the Planetarium when she was little that was mostly set to the Manheim Steamroller Christmas songs. It was really cool. My niece is now a school teacher in North Carolina. Time REALLY flies!!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:37 AM   #7  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Sarajevo 12/24 by the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Saw them in concert a few Decembers ago - great!

For classics I'd have to go with The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole
Old 11-28-2006, 12:06 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Song - I want a hippopotamus for Christmas. I don't know why. And if I feel like weeping (because we all have those days when you need a good cry), "The Christmas Shoes".

Movies - every year, we watch Christmas Eve on Sesame Street and the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:31 PM   #9  
Addicted to potato salad!

OH! Our friends 'down under' will appreciate this...anyone seen The Wiggles Christmas specials? We love them.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #10  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the whole album 'December' by George Winston. Very pretty Piano Solos.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #11  

I love the song by Eva Cassidy called " It's not the Presents". Her voice is just amazing.

The Christmas Carol - The versions with Alastair Sim and George C. Scott are my favorites. The Little Drummer Boy makes me cry every time I see it.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Song: any A Capella version of the Carol of the Bells. It's also done nicely with just bells. And ditto on George Winston--I even have my cell phone with his music as my ring tones!!

Movie: A Wish for Wings that Work (an Opus Christmas).
Old 11-28-2006, 03:08 PM   #13  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

right now my fav xmas song is new york christmas by rob thomas. walking around the city it makes me feel xmassy.
fav movie at the mo' is elf.
candy, sugar, candy corn and maple syrup or whatever lol.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:22 PM   #14  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Oh, another favorite Christmas Song - first snowfall. It gives me chills. We performed it in high school choir around the holidays. Its kind of obscure.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #15  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

My Favorite Christmas Movie is "Garfield's Christmas"

Brenad
Closed Thread