South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 05:51 AM   #1  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Talking Terrific Tuesday!

Morning all my favorite chicks! I'MMMMMMMMM BAAAAAAAAACK!
I took a long hiatus from SB. Gained all I lost plus 5lbs. OY!
Just a quick update. At the end of July I started working for a retirement community. Loved, loved the residents, but not the favoritism I saw, and lack of resident care by the nursing director. I was however going to CNA classes in the meantime (No Chicks, I haven't stop working toward nursing school). But as of yesterday, I started training at a dialysis center. MUCH better pay, and benefits. Plus school reimbursement. I believe I just might stay there until I am I done with school.
The kid is fine (his teacher believes is could be in the gifted program ), having a little behavior problem in school since we are still with my sister and hubby. But with the new job, looking at the first of year to be moving. YAHOO! :banana:

Ok my lovely chicks, must shove off and get ready for work!
Have a wonderful day, much love, and I have missed you all!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:43 AM   #2  

Riiiiiise N Shiiiiiine Time to seize the day girls

Wenchy !!! back! It's so good to hear from you and it sounds like you're on track and back in your beloved "JoJah" !!!!!

Nothin but more today Chicks....me eyes are getting a bit weary !

Cawfee's UP Who wants a cup?
Old 11-28-2006, 07:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. I will be getting ready for work here shortly but woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so I am wandering around here. I see the psychiatrist today and after researching lots of antidepressants I think I want to have him put me on welbutrin xl. Especially since it seems to have a weight loss side effect and not gain, lol. Anyway everyone have a great day
Old 11-28-2006, 08:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hi ladies - I'm sleepy here thinking my coffee is a bit too weak... didn't sleep wonderfully cause I was coughing and had a sore throat last night... forcing myself to go to weights class this AM cause I haven't been in 2 weeks.

Wenchy - Don't think we've met but welcome back!

Schatzi - Happy reading

Wannabe - In the same boat, decided that it was better to go ahead and get up than risk falling back asleep for 30 mins and having a rude awakening when the alarm went off...

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning All! It's a "terrible Tuesday" for me. Woke up this morning with a terrible head cold, so I'll be going back to bed in a bit. My Avon order is still stuck in UPS "transit" somewhere. I'm hoping it gets here by tomorrow, but we'll see. I'm frustrated about the fact that I'll probably delivering orders on the same day I ask for new ones!

I plan on staying on the couch watching HGTV, Food Network, DIY, TLC, and Discovery Home all day. There's soup in the pantry and hot chocolate standing by.

Wenchy: Welcome back to the Beach!

Schatzi: I think I'll sit and have a spot of tea while you chickies have your cawfee. Hope your studying is productive today!

Wannabe: I'm glad to be sitting on my rear rather than getting ready for work. I would be terribly unproductive today!

Sarah: I really hope that you enjoy doing your weight class this morning! Get well quick!

I'd best be going now, the monitor is making my head throb!

~Kim
Old 11-28-2006, 09:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a late check in for me this morning, I've been busy getting a lot of "niggles" done, and it feels good to finally have them out of the way.

Wenchy, Back! Congratulations for getting back on track again!

Schatzi, I hope you have a big pot of the strong stuff to keep you alert while you're studying!

wannabe, if you have to take the medicine, you may as well pick the one that causes a weight loss. Good luck to you, I hope you're feeling better soon!

Sarahslacker, I hope you're feeling better soon, too! Don't overdue it at your workout today!

I'm off to start wrapping presents, I promised myself I'd get them wrapped as soon as I bought them so I wouldn't have a pile to do all at once! Not my favorite job.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:40 AM   #7  

Wenchy - Welcome back! It sounds like you are in a better job situation now.

Schatzi - Good luck with the studying. Caffeine? I knew I forgot something this morning. Time to go fix some tea. Ok, It's ready now.

wannab - I'm sending hopes your way that your doc finds the right med to make you feel better.

sarah - make sure you take it easy and get better. I love some soup when my throat is sore.

Kim - Take it easy. Sounds like you and sarah are in the same boat.

Me - I'm working from home today. It's a drizzly, warm day but by Thursday we will be down in the 20's so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. Tonight is my Wood Badge beading which is basically a graduation from the training program. I am so excited about it. I did manage a half hour at the gym last night which is better than I have done lately but I had hoped to stay longer.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:45 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sarah and Kim, take care of yourselves and shake those4 sickies!

Wenchy, nice to see you back and back on track.

Schatzi, hit the books hard today, girlfriend. How long until it's over? And have you made a final decision on the plantation yet?

Wannabe, are you on South Beach? It's hard to lose weight when you are on meds but SB is one of the more sensible plans.

It's kind of miserable out there today but my spring seed catalogues arrived in the mail! I think I'll just hide those unplanted bulbs in the storage area as they sure are not going to be planted. This past few days have been great but I've been either at the hospital with Harry or at the vet with the Doggage. Maybe I'll make a nice tulip bulb stew. JUST KIDDING! They are poisonous.

I'm off to visit H. in hospital right after lunch, will get Matthew a gift as they need to be mailed soon, will come home and pick up a dog for pet therapy and after that have a meeting re establishing a credit union in Delta since the darned Toronto Dominion Bank has decided to move out. This isn't a problem for me as I do most banking online but some of the seniors who don't drive are going to be really inconvenienced!

Gotta dash. I soaked a mess of black beans overnight and want to cook them to have on hand for soups and other dishes. I'm into stocking up for the winter these days!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:48 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage and Barb, you were posting while I messed around writing mine.

Cottage, I am going to start wrapping this morning. I need to get my gifts off to my daughter's house on the West Coast. They're snowed in today and the kids are really excited.

Barb, you are going to be so decorated they will mistake your for Baden-Powell! It's nice that you can work from home on a drizzly day. Every time you talk about your work and outages and phone calls, I sort of smile and rejoice at being retired.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

So back from weights class - Really exhausted cause I hadn't done it in 2 weeks, but really glad I went...

So my boyfriend was saying yesterday that I'm not as happy as I used to be... and it's funny cause I wonder if all the stress of worrying about eating, and then feeling bad about not eating how I should and the cycle is taking a toll on me and causing more stress... which is funny cause the whole point of losing weight and getting healthy is a happier me... thoughts?

Ruth - It's a gray day here too... That cold front that you northerners are dealing with right now will be down here at the end of the week.

Barb - 30 mins at the gym is awesome! Yeah it's gray here but not cold yet...

Cottage - I haven't even started shopping yet and you're already wrapping...

Kim - Feel better honey! Take care of yourself...
Old 11-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #11  

Ruth - I'm impressed. Tell me how you know who Lord Baden-Powell was? I never knew until I got into scouts. I just learned two of my patrol will not be there tonight. Kimberly's family has the flu and our senior member has a stomach virus.
Closed Thread