S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekly Chat Nov27-Dec3/06

Morning

Great start to my week, Im down 6lbs so far

......have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:54 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Robin: Wtg on the 6 pounds! Keep up the great work!!

Well, I stepped on the scale and wasn't surprised at what I saw. Now to get the numbers to drop again!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:15 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone for the support. I have typed a long PM to Brenda. I don't want to spell it all out here as my kids and DH sometimes read what I have written. I wish they didn't.

Robin, WTG, that 6 lbs. is fantastic. I've been too depressed to weigh but plan to weigh on Thursday.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:21 PM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

ALRIGHT Robin!

ps: I used Cool Whip for the Root Beer Floats--this has been a few years ago -- if I make one any time soon, gonna use LandOLakes No Sugar Spray Whipped Cream leftover from Txgiving . . . it's GREAT! (Also gonna have to dig thru the garage to find an ICE CUBE TRAY! LOL! )

lilyb- I would be seriously ticked if ANYONE in my Family read what I wrote here! Particularly DH - for one thing I've never shared my weight with him and for another - I KNOW I'll end up griping about him here b4 it's over! (He's too busy on Bass Pro and fishing sites to come here anyhoo! )

Sure am feeling my Holly-Inspired Crunches I did yesterday . . . think that means its time to a few more!

CYA later tonight!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

my dh doesnt come here either, unless I ask him to read something specific someone has written. He has his own forums he goes to.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:29 PM   #6  
lilybelle

I have thought of changing my user name and password so that he can't get on here. I don't know how. I'll have my DD do it for me sometime. She's the one that set me up to start with.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:31 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

then you would have to change your picture. Anyone can come and read whats here. No user name or password needed.

If you want to change your user name, pm suzanne. Let her know what you want to change it to and she'll take care of it.

Unless you use a different email address, you cannot change. I had to get Suzanne to change my "W" from an "H" after I got married.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:54 PM   #8  
lilybelle

Thanks Robin. I haven't posted much of what is going on due to thinking he might read this site. It's really nothing that I haven't already said to him. It's not getting better. I feel cold and distant.

Good thing is, with the stress, I haven't eaten much. I can tell I'm in ketosis for the first time in quite a while. I'm depressed and right now I don't care if I lose more weight. Stress usually affects me the opposite and I turn to food, but not this time.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:10 AM   #9  
Going to ONEderland

Scale was back to 249.5 yesterday, today it was up again by about a pound. Roller coaster rider me. Can't worry about it, but today was "weigh in day" at my board and I so wanted to post the 249 something number again, since last Monday I was up from there. Oh well.

Lilybelle, I hope things get better. No one should have to worry about being checked on. My husband would never do that because he is just too busy with his own stuff. No interest I'm sure in my diet boards! Unless he was looking over my shoulder while I was typing he would never see anything here.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Have been out for awhile. Lots of trouble in my world. My granny is home - requiring us to stay with her at night - she falls about once per day now. Problem is she's oriented, independent and stubborn. My job has been very stressful - had a nightmare filling in on pediatric floor - we'll just say "psycho mother." Sadly, half the hospital knows who that is without a name attached. DH has the sinus crud I just got over.
Thanksgiving I did fairly good. I still ate pie - ate 2 tiny pieces - I had to have 2 flavors - but it was far less than usual. My cousin who sees me a few times a year sneaked up to me and said "ok, I gotta know, how much have you lost" WHAT the )@#$%%#@**. That's the first time anybody noticed, and then I fell off the wagon the next few days while I was under such pressure. Today, back OP. It's also TOM so I'm postponing WI until next week. TOM usually causes a slip off the wagon anyway. Got that over already.
Lilly, I'm so sorry you're having trouble. Whatever it is, we're your friends, you don't deserve it, hold your ground, and he owes you flowers. There, that's my best generic friend speech.
I've started doing sit ups. Not lots in a row - that won't happen with my flabbed out stomach muscles. BUt a few here, a few there. I do many throughout a day. I've seen some results without getting sore muscles. I don't like pain. I'm a wus that way.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:22 AM   #11  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Made it thru the 3rd day.......I should be home free now. Im in ketosis already, it started on day 2. Hubby said so kept pushing the bottle of mouth wash at me

Today starts day 4 sugar free.

Got to the gym yesterday, had a good cardio session. Today, I think I'll go for a nice walk outside.

Kel~ you're doing good, hang in there!

Lily~ Im sitting here thinking.....your pms can be read too if your username and password are known.

Brenda~ how is it going?

Have a great op day ladies!
Old 11-28-2006, 08:52 AM   #12  
Baby Steps

I'm in a rush so can't do personals right now. I'll try and do them this afternoon.

Yesterday was good. Received the 4:00 headache as expected (that's when it shows up) and took an aleve right before bed to help calm it down. But otherwise, I was OP (except for the apple I ate for a snack). Only got 1/2 the water in--so I'll work on that as well. But one day at a time. Back to babysteps
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Had a close carb call late in the night . . . the two giant bags of Lays that we'd hidden from the visiting 9 yr old compulsive eater over the Holidays made their way to the kitchen counter--Had the 2nd shift wide awakes while the house snored on and ALMOST dove in headfirst into Chip Gluttony!!!

The thought of Posting about it here truly stopped me!

Tx All!

Must remember how good it feels to resist!

Rode my bike on The Trail last night . . . while 20 yr old roller bladed - could NOT keep up with her! Ahhh, to be young again. But it was beautiful and was glad to just get out and do SOMETHING! Nice change of pace from walkingwalkingwalking theTrail.

lilyb--how 'bout if you DD sets you up with a new email account--like a hotmail/gmail? You could get a new u/n & password that way? Wonder if your pics/old Posts could just stay under the "lilybelle" name? Just a thought, not real PC savvy, but I think one of the reasons that cyber-forums are so great is that I can be ruthlessly honest with you all---moreso than folks IRL, you know?

For instance, I KNOW how the chips found their way miraculously in the middle of the night to the kitchen counter. My DH PUT THEM there! Took me YEARS to realize the obvious---he ends up SABOTAGING all of my efforts to lose weight! He'll start off real supportive . . . he's like the homemaker and I'm the breadwinner . . . but b4 I realize what's happening he'll go on a baking spree . . . or the freezer will be filled with Breyers Ice Cream 'cause he saw "a sale."

It gets maddening and I'm not falling for it this time.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:28 PM   #14  
lilybelle

Thanks so much everyone for the support. I decided not to change my email or my username. If he reads it, tough crapola. The truth is hard to handle. It's nothing I haven't already said to him. His bigger worry would be if I was telling people he knew and them to look down on him. Gotta keep up the perfect image, ya know. I getting a little tougher today, my hurt is finally turning to anger. That's a good thing.

Gotta go pay electric bill. They were closed Friday and I forgot yesterday. Being in the dark wouldn't be fun. I don't feel too romantic. LOL
Old 11-28-2006, 09:06 PM   #15  
Going to ONEderland

Aud,

You wouldn't believe it LOL. My son was looking at your ticker, and saw the two numbers right next to each other (your start weight and current weight) and he asked "What the heck? Why does it say she weighs 245,239 lbs?" I guess since the numbers are right next to each other he didn't realize they were two different numbers. I told him NO one weighs 245,000 pounds! I'm still laughing!

Anyway I was going to say as far as sabotage? Do you have a clue as to WHY your hubby does that? He probably doesn't even know. INSECURITY. He is afraid if you get too pretty you'll have all kinds of offers from elsewhere and you won't want him anymore. Change scares some people. Reassure him that no matter if you are fat or thin, he's the only one for you, and I suspect he'll quit doing that to you. It may take a lot of reassurance, but in time I suspect if he is a nice person that he will get to the point of becoming more supportive.

I'm needing some extra support today. I'm at that "dangerous" point of my diet. I always love Atkins at the beginning because the weight just seems to race itself to come off FAST. But then I reach this stage. Scale won't move no matter what I do, or if it does go lower, it comes right back up in a few days. Plus I've slipped into too many low carb "goodies" lately and when you get too much of that it feels like acid at the back of your throat rather than food.

This evening I really missed bread. Wanted to go get a warm whopper burger or something with some warm bread on it. It was almost like I could smell it and I wasn't any place near any shops like that.

So far I have stayed on low carb, but I'm thinking I need to plan a day off soon. Maybe December 2nd. I want to finish out this month and start next month before messing up any weigh ins that I have coming up. One day shouldn't make too much difference. Or maybe I'll get over feeling this way and I won't do that at all. It is hard hanging in there when I see no progress.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote