Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 12:20 AM   #1  

Talking Valentines Hotties (#2)

Hi there. Just restarting the thread. Geneve's disappeared? Very odd...

Hugs to you all, I'll post in the AM.

Sue
Old 01-15-2002, 08:51 AM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Sue...thanks for doing that, I tried to start the thread again yesterday but for some reason it just wont doit. Even odder, i get reminders to look atthe valentines thread..you know the e-mail thing saying someone has posted and when I check in it takes me somewhere else altogether.
I always was a bit of a jinx with the technical stuff!
I am still here, still Gymming but still not getting any thinner at all, in fact my weight is creeping up.
In desperation I am doing the cabbage soup diet this week. yes, i know Idon't believe in dieting but I really am desperate for a bit of quick weight loss. I have (honestly)been very careful to eat healthy stuff, and I've been exercising.I should throw my scales away. I have this awful thought that I might somehow be pregnant again...it'sreally very unlikely, but without my TOM I can't be sure and I truly should be getting lighter.
Oh well, if this doesn't owrk I'll have to find something else. One way or another I am going to be fit.
I have a valentines ball to go to...nothing fits over my mummy tummy and it's the first time I'll be meeting all the new people from DH's new company. ..ARGH!!
Geneve
Old 01-15-2002, 10:51 AM   #3  

Hi, Valentines is a big day for us. Many births and anniversaries in our family around that time! I'm doing better on this ww stuff. One night the kids were arguing at bedtime. I couldn't sleep and of course I snacked. Well, I added the snack to the next day's total and went from there.
I hope all goes well for your Valentine party. I hope you find the perfect outfit to wear.

Last edited by viola1; 01-15-2002 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-15-2002, 11:21 AM   #4  
bc

Geneve twice this thread has dissappeared! Let's hope it stays now.

I have been a bit off because John has been home. I can't watch what I eat when he is watching. I think I am still within the points, however I can't stick to my routine.

I also need to get active.........or at least more active. It would be easier if he were willing to watch a baby while I moved.

This winter has really been mild. It has me thinking of spring.

Barb
Old 01-17-2002, 09:04 AM   #5  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. How is everyone? We are all pretty good here. My weigh has kind of plateued, at least I haven't gained! I did so well that one week and since then it hasn't been as good. I'm still exercising, that is practically never a problem, it is the snacking that is doing me in. I get bored or something and I head for the snacks. I'm not eating anything terribly bad, though I did have a chocolate bar on Saturday, the first in ages. Well I have 4 weeks til Valentine's Day, I still have to lose 20 lbs to hit my goal (can we say NOT!) but I'm not giving up hope that I will lose at least another 10 lbs in that time.

geneve - I know we get all wrapped up in what we look like but I'm sure that these people will be more interested in YOU not what you are wearing. If it makes you feel better get a special haircut or updo or get your makeup done by a makeup artist for the evening. I'm sure you'll look fabulous!

bc - John isn't willing to look after the baby for an hour while you go out for a walk or something like that? Hello!!! it is his baby too. My hubby doesn't help all that much with Drake either but I do leave them together once in awhile if I need to go out. Don't ask if he can watch the baby tell him you are going out and the baby is staying home with him. I try and arrange it so it is during a naptime or after a feeding so the baby is in a good mood.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:46 AM   #6  
bc

Well I am back on track after the birthday weekend. I really didn't go far off track as much as I stopped counting the points and documenting what I was eating. I know once I do that (or let my guard down) little treats start making their way to my mouth. Well not anymore!

Geneve I am sure you will charm everyone and they won't even notice any baby weight. Just go and have some fun.

Oh my I just remembered we have a Holiday party for my husband work tomorrow. We even got a babysitter for it! I haven't even thought of what I will wear. I guess I better make sure I shower that day -Ah the things we miss when we have babies.

Jen, it isn't as simple as John looking after a baby. We have three kids and each one needs attention at any given time. We have to help the oldest with his homework, read with the middle one, and keep the baby out of trouble. I think the problem is John doesn't have as much control over the kids and they tend to listen to me. Also adding a baby into the mix has curtailed a lot of our freedom, but hey she is wonderful too. When she is napping we are scurrying around to get things done around here.

Speaking of my little darling, my friend had to get her car worked on yesterday so she came over and hung out. We went to the shops and walked around had lunch and then I took her to the car place. It was about five or six hours total. Well today she sent an e-mail and said she kept talking about Is. She was so impressed that during that time Isabelle didn't fuss at all.

I did walk around yesterday when I was with my friend. Also I noticed my jeans that use to be big, and lately were getting to be tighter, are now loose again. I am not using a scale in this right now so I guess that is a sign that I really am on the right track.

Barb
Old 01-18-2002, 12:17 PM   #7  

Pants! Everything wrote just disappeared!
Will try again later.
Old 01-19-2002, 08:14 AM   #8  

Hi everyone, I'm feeling glum, and wishing I had Barbs ability to live without scales! I have been so virtuous this week, gym tree times no wine, no cheese, no cholcolate,lots of veg etc etc. And I haven't lost an ounce. I thought I was a dead cert fro at least 3 lbs.
ALSO...took Ted to the shops this morning to buy him a special reward for his excellent school work. It was great we had lots of fun choosing AND I took him to Mc Donalds (only a coffee for me...see how good I am). Anyway, he chose this fab toy sewing machine that really sews...and it had a pair of scissors with it. No sooner does he get the thing home than he runs upstairs and cuts his own hair. Now ted is a beautiful child (and that's not just parental bias) with gorgeous dark blonde curls...he cut his fringe (bangs) right back to the scalp.And he knows he shouldn't do it...he's had the odd snip before but nothing like this.
DH has just taken him to the barbers, I have an awful feeling he'll have to have it clipped.
Honestly...kids. They find a new way to drive me mad every day.
I was talking to a friend about my lack of weight loss and she says it might be that I am gaining muscle at the gym at a fater rate than I am losing fat. well, whatever, i'm feeling a bit down about it all.
blah blah
Geneve
Old 01-19-2002, 02:19 PM   #9  

I hope you got a picture of him! They look hilarious when they cut their own hair! The toy sounds cool, but I bet there are a lot of moms out there with bald kids today and it's all McDonald's fault!
Old 01-19-2002, 04:38 PM   #10  

Unhappy

This must be my moaning day (again) just tried to measure myself for a bra now the breast feeding is finally ending. So depressing. Please,please,please let em find a way to get back into some kind of shape NOW. I feel like a complete monster. Really glum. Sorry ladies...I just feel like I'm deluding myself sometimes, that I will never get there. I don't know why things aren't working out at the moment and it's hard to keep on trying, but I will, imust. i hate looking and feeling like this.
Sorry again, back to mormal asap, Ipromise!
Geneve
Old 01-21-2002, 10:37 AM   #11  

Default Hi guys...

I'm turning into such a lurker. I'll try to be better. Hi Voila, nice to have you joining us. Happy Birthday Barb. Hi there Jen and Geneve. Geneve, the muscle/weight loss thing is COMPLETELy true. When I first started lifting weights, I maintained for like, 3 weeks, then all of a sudden I started losing faster than before. First you build the muscle, which weighs more, then the muscle stokes up your calorie burning fires all day long, every day, so that you will start to see a faster loss. It really is the best thing you can do for yourself, just hang in there. (OK, and WHY am I not taking my own advice?)

I've gotten back into the swing of my healthy eating, but haven't quite gotten back into exercising yet. I really need to recommit myself. However, I made my weight watchers 10% goal today (lose 10% of your original body weight). I feel pretty good about that. I also am down into the next smaller size of jeans, FINALLY. That's a good feeling too. Also, I'm finally back in the 100s - 199. I never thought I'd be happy to be 199, but I am.

Do any of you have events coming up that you are using for motivation? I know Geneve has the Valentines ball... I have some kind of event every month for the next few months - I'm definitely using them to stay motivated. In the middle of next month, I turn 30 (WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!). Hey, I partly made my goal, not to be in the 200s when I turn 30. In March, my brother is getting married. In April we're going to DisneyWorld. In May, boating season starts back up, and it's (gasp) bathing suit time. I'm trying to set little goals for myself that I need to meet before each event. Like, I want to lose another size by my birthday. Hopefully it will help me stay motivated. When I look at how much more weight I have to lose to get to my goal, it's too overwhelming. Well, that's about all I have to say. I'm so boring. Hang in there everyone, and have a healthy week!

Sue

250 highest preg weight/225 joined WW/199 current/155 goal
Old 01-21-2002, 02:15 PM   #12  

Sue, well done, under 200 is great news!
I'm still feeling miserable, everyone I meet seems to be sucessfully losing pounds and here I am stuck and fat BUT I WILL go on exercising and I WILL go on trying.
Oh well, off to do some more situps!
Good luck to you all this week.
Geneve
Old 01-23-2002, 09:04 PM   #13  
bc

My gosh! I lost you guys!

I had this set up to send me e-mail reminders and I hadn't heard anything in days. I thought people were just busy, but I guess something went wrong.

I am back. I have been sick and I am afraid I have been eating my way through this cold. I haven't had the sweets but food has been consumed much more than when I am watching things.

I know I have to get on track. I hope I will be feeling better soon.

Barb
Old 01-24-2002, 03:22 PM   #14  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Barb - sorry I didn't understand that you had other children that needed minding as well. It must be tough to find any time to yourself. Hope you are feeling better.

geneve - I am certain that you are building lots of muscles with all your gym work and that is why you are not seeing any change on the scale. I am going through the same thing but I am positive that my legs muscles are getting stonger because of all my walking. Don't let it get you down, keep up with your exercise and eventually the scale will catch up. Don't forget that muscle burns more calories all the time not just when you are exercising so the more muscle you have the more calories you will burn.

Sue - talking about an upcoming event to motivate us, my long term goal is to be in better shape when I go back to work in September. Also my mom promised to quit smoking if I lost weight. She has been bugging me about it for years and so finally we had it out over the phone one night because I was tired of listening to her about it. She wanted to have a little competition to see who could lose 20lbs the fastest but I know she would eat really unhealthy to do it. her idea of losing weight is to eat the same thing day in and day out, from the example she gave me it was about 800 calories. Well sure you are going to lose weight quickly but it will never stay off once you start eating normally again. She just can't get that through her head though. Anyway that is my motivation.

Well things are okay here. Drake is doing wonderfully. He is almost rolling over. He'll get over on his side and he can get his lower body over but his upper body doesn't want to follow it. I started him again on solid food a couple of weeks ago and he is doing really well. So far he has had rice and barley cereal with no problems.

I'm going to be getting my own computer too which will be very helpful in me logging on everyday. This computer is in the spare room and there isn't any room for Drake. the other computer will go downstairs in the living room where it will be much easier to keep an eye on Drake while I'm on the computer.

Take care all, hope everyone is well.
Old 01-24-2002, 03:59 PM   #15  
bc

Jen, that is ok. It is just life gets busier and busier. My cold is on the mend and I am gaining some control back in my eating. Still not perfect, but getting closer.

Geneve, You should pay attention to how your clothes fit. That might tell you more about your muscle tone.

I was sent a post card from LA Weightloss today. it showed two women who had lost weight post baby................ah they make it look so easy!

Isabelle is getting bigger and older. She is pulling up on the crib now and standing. She also sees climbing my leg as a challenge/adventure and goes for it with a smile. She is definatly a cheerful child and a big time keeper (just wish we could halt that movement development ) I want her to say "Mamma" but she just says "Ayyy" How much do you want to bet she learns "Da da" first. She just turned 8 months on Sunday. She is a lovey.

Barb
Closed Thread