Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 10:21 AM   #1  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Default Good one - do you ever "whoa" at yourself?

Do you ever sign on to 3FC, look in the mirror, fit into a chair that was tight before or into a piece of clothing, just something totally inconspicuous, and have a WHOAAAAAA! reaction? And DOESN'T IT FEEL GOOD

I was typing a post today and I noticed someone's "50 pounds lost" avatar. My internal response was, "wow, 50 pounds, what an accomplishment! that must feel so good". Then a few moments later, I noticed the "30 pounds lost" avatar under my name, and it took me another second to realize that it is mine! and I had my, "whoaaaaa, 30 pounds lost! I did that!!" moment. Sometimes it still doesn't feel real. I still have a lot I want to lose, but hey - I've lost 1/3-1/4 of it, how awesome! I think I am beginning to much better understand what people mean when they say they've lost a 100 lbs to their healthy weight and still see themselves at their prior weight, still can't believe they can fit into that small pair of pants or shirt and are surprised that they easily do!

Anyways.. good moment

Last edited by beautifulone; 11-26-2006 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:46 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I was cold this AM and put on a pair of DH's thermal underwear. They are too big for me. Previous to losing weight these were always so tight that the crotch part was halfway to my knees. LOL. I always watch people's tickers and can't believe how much weight they have lost. Then, it takes a minute for me to realize that I've lost a lot too. I don't see myself at prior weight, but I definitely see my Flaws. I'm still trying to get used to my new body and accept it the way it is.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:28 PM   #3  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Lily, great NSV You have lost A LOT of weight - congrats
I've always wondered what it is like when you get to your goal - one day I will find out My personal goal is to love and appreciate my body, and one of the ways in which to do that is through weight loss, but there is so much more... so I imagine when I reach my weight loss goal, I will still be working at transforming myself internally

Do you know what might be different for you that you don't see yourself at your prior weight the way some people who lose weight do? (especially a significant amount of weight).
Old 11-25-2006, 08:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

I have had a few whoa moments .. they kinda make me laugh cause I notice the oddest things. a couple months ago i got out of the bath and was standin lookin in the mirror and went ..whoa .. there's space between my arms and sides!! I GOT CURVES! whoa! and not those bubblin out curves..those dented in curves!! altho when i turned sideways i still have that bubblin out curve too ~laughs~
Old 11-25-2006, 08:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I decide I needed a pants o'meter to measure my progress on a Body for Life challenge. Cuz you don't necessarily lose weight but you're supposed to get leaner and smaller. So I found a little pair of jeans that I usually wear with a long shirt (read here muffin top) and took some pictures.

The lump/handles hanging over the sides of the waistband are not pretty but ... I kinda don't mind the pictures. That narrow person is me ... whoa! They beat the heck outta my befores!
Old 11-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I noticed when doing my bicep curls that my elbows press in further on my body now from a waist that's getting smaller. Sometimes I'll see something nice in the mirror in the bath, altho I'd gotten to the point of trying not to look. Right now it looks like my c/sections "apron" on my stomach is getting smaller.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:55 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Ummm I think I just had the opposite reaction. I just glanced over at my avatar and it's got my starting/curent/goal weight and I saw my starting weight and I can not believe that I actually weighed 287 pounds. Whoa, that's a lot of weight. And it's not like it was that long ago. I can not believe I ever weighed that much. But I did and for a long time. How in the world did I let that happen?
Old 11-29-2006, 09:07 PM   #8  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
How in the world did I let that happen?
Hee! I hear yah on this one; sometimes I feel like such an idiot for not getting my butt into gear a LOT sooner!

... But I guess the point is that's it's in gear now, and it's staying there, baby!!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

My WHOA! came about 30 minutes ago, watching The Biggest Loser. When they announced that they were casting for next season, I automatically thought "I could do that!" Then I realized that I am only 4 lbs over a healthy BMI and by the time the show aired, I will be too small! I've already done what I wanted the show to do for me....I've lost 64 lbs!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:46 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Ummm sorry OnePerDecade they most definitely DO NOT take skinny minnies like you! lol

What a great WHOA! moment for you!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:54 AM   #11  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

YES!!! Great Whoa Moments everyone!!

I had one!... Yesterday my son came to visit me at work and we have a toddlers table and chairs set up with crayons and blocks... and I, not even thinking, sat down on the itty bitty toddler chair and didn't feel like I was going to break it! LOL
Closed Thread