Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Can't get motivated

I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm 253lb and I KNOW i need to lose this weight but for some reason I can't seem to get motivated. My boyfriend has never been heavy, and even though he tries, he just can't seem to give me the motivation I want. My mother was once at her heaviest over 400lbs. She had a gastric bypass and now, at 140, acts like she was never fat and that by me being heavy its just horrible. I want to lose this weight. I NEED to lose this weight. I'm a full time college student and I work as well. I just feel like I don't have time in the day to worry about me. I need someone to buddy up with that has about the amount of weight i need to lose (100 lbs) and can email DAILY!!! THat is a must because I really NEED that. Any takers?
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Hey dear

Let's buddy up. My real name is Okie and I'm unemployed unfortunately, so I figure I should get the weight thing under ctrl, so job opportunities will come my way. I have to lose 127lbs to be at the max. for my height of 5'6. I want to lose 167 for vanity reasons. How tall are you? Try South Beach, I've lost 11lbs in 7 days. The first two weeks of SB are no joke, but it's worth it. I can't wait till my next 7days are up, so I can add fruit to my diet. For 14 days, u are not allowed fruit/grains/complex and simple carbs. in general. U are allowed vegies, fish, meat, nuts, dairy (1%). After the two weeks, u add a grain/fruit for 1 week, I'm doing two, then increase to 2 graint or fruit a week.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:24 PM   #3  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Silly Fluff- Hang in there! The beginning is the hardest! Try and plan ahead some meals so when you're busy, you can just pull some leftovers out of the freezer or something. And this is very important, YOU ARE IMPORTANT! YOU NEED TO TAKE THE TIME TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH!!! Make it a priority, and just work exercise into your daily schedule as if it were one of your classes and stop telling yourself its "extra" or not worth it. We ALL have times when we are unmotivated, know you're not alone!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:12 AM   #4  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hey There!

You sound just like me! lol I'm currently around 240lbs and I'd like to lose 90-110lbs but like you, I can't seem to get motivated. I don't have much going on in my life, I'm not working (job hunting at the moment) and I'm doing 2 courses online to finish up my high school diploma requirements (since I was stupid and didn't go back an another extra year figuring I'd just do my GED, work full time and then go to hairdressing school...well thats obviously all changed! lol)

I'm 20 and I live with my boyfriend of 5 years (in April) and his parents in a small crap hole town lol We hope to move out on our own this summer/fall though if we can save up enough money. My biggest problem is that there isn't much choice when it comes to food here, my boyfriends parents like to eat alot of junk food and they only do groceries about once every 3 months or so, but only buy enough to last about a month lol...we try to buy our own food but then we get yelled at because we don't want anyone else eating it all on us lol (you see why we can't wait to live on our own lol )

I always say to myself 'ok starting tomorrow Im going to exercise and eat right' but I never do...I ALWAYS give into temptation..and well...Im lazy...my boyfriend has been overweight, but he is a guy, so he just doesn't understand how it is for me. Anyway I need to get out of this rut, and turn my life around. I need to get focused on many things, including my weight, and I would love to have someone else who is going through the same things to chat with, I'm on the computer every day, so emailing every day will be no problem for me! Feel free to contact me anytime!
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:46 PM   #5  
loving my beautiful self

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
so I figure I should get the weight thing under ctrl, so job opportunities will come my way.
Okie what do you mean?

Trixie - good luck! You can definitely do this! This place is wonderful so I would recommend also coming here, the attitude and energy (even though it's online) is contagious! I know it's so hard to find time between school and work, so I commend you for choosing to come here and making that goal! You deserve to feel good about yourself good luck!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Hey there Sillyfluff! I can sympathize with your lack of time situation as mine is similar. During the day I work a full time job and by night I'm finishing my masters degree. Because I work in entertainment that leaves me having night events after work on the nights I'm not in class....events that are fully catered with million calorie munchies and an open bar. After going strong for 20 hour days all week long full of yummy food, booze and schmoozing and sitting on my butt at my desk at work or in class the idea of doing a crunch let alone going to the gym is daunting! Once the weekend comes around it all about homework while visions of sugarplums dance through my head!
About 3 weeks ago I decided to make a change...and then found this site which has helped me stay with my goal so far. I've started making small changes so far in my life as I truly believe that the only way that I can lose weight and be successful is making a lifestyle change...something that I'll be able to stick with forever. Its no longer about just 'losing weight' its about being healthy and looking and feeling good. So far I've lost a few pounds but more than that I've noticed other things... I'm sleeping better and have more energy which is motivating me even more!
In the end I have just about 100 pounds to lose as well and I understand your situation of balancing school and work. I'd be more than happy to email with you on a daily basis... its a long road ahead and support and motivation is gonna be the key. Feel free to drop me a line any time!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:11 AM   #7  
Isa from Chile

S/C/G: 181/181/132

Height: 5.4

Hi, to motivate yourself think about all the pretty clothes that you are going to buy and wear when you loose some weight, that work for me. I`m even saving money for that.
Think about that pretty shirt that you wanted and it was not in sale for your size (i hate that)

Good Luck

Isa
ravotrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

No one else can give you motivation, unfortunately. Actually, I find motivation to be overrated. There are LOTS of days I am not motivated to do what it takes. I find COMMITMENT -- to a plan that WORKS FOR YOU -- to be more helpful.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:46 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn View Post
No one else can give you motivation, unfortunately. Actually, I find motivation to be overrated. There are LOTS of days I am not motivated to do what it takes. I find COMMITMENT -- to a plan that WORKS FOR YOU -- to be more helpful.
I agree with you 100%!!!!! A LOT of the time I don't feel any motivation... but it is commitment and determination! My one day to sleep in is Saturday.... most of the time I feel motivated to lie on my butt in bed a bit... but my commitment is to get up and go do two hours of water aerobics. This week the early pool time is closed so my friend and I are still going to meet at our usual 6:30 AM and go walk her gigantic hill and back (one hour walk). Motivated.... argghhh no! But do I want to be able to wear those size MEDIUM pants I bought yesterday which I can get up but are too tight... YES!!!

But I digress... motivation is a fickle feeling at best. Commitment keeps me going!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #10  

The art to succeeding at weightloss is not to find a source of never-ceasing motivation, its the ability to just keep on at it...not glamourous, but very simple! Some days its a case of "one foot in front of the other" and knowing it'll eventually pay off.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

What is it that you want us to say to you SillyFluff? What is it that you want your BF or Mom to do for you? What are you wanting to do that you don't have time for?

Oftentimes, the path we take that actually works is purely suited to us and just our lifestyle ... our unique lifestyle. Maybe we can help you sort out the details.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

I dont know. sorry for venting. Didn't realize it wasnt allowed
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Venting is allowed. Good Heavens! Half the time there wouldn't be any posts without it

I'm editing to say ... SillyFluff ... I really want you to think about the questions I asked. I do think we can help you.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Hey Sillyfluff -- I saw it that we were all trying to help! As SusanB said, that happens a LOT here! She was trying to ask you questions to help you be able to get started!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #15  
a brave new me...

I couldn't agree more that depending on motivation to lose weight (i.e. our emotional state of mind) is overrated. I try to focus on asserting my will over my emotions. If we only succeed at weight loss when we are feeling positive or motivated, then we will ultimately fail because you just can't sustain it. Now I force myself to do it despite the fact that every single cell in my body is screaming "NO". I heard a quote along the lines of "we are always in control of ourselves, its just that sometimes we control ourselves to do things we wish we hadn't." Don't have the original (it was more eloquent) but you get the point. We always have a choice... always. The vast majority of the time my emotions will betray my weight loss efforts and are a totally unreliable source of decision-making! I think Nike had it right... we need to "just do it" no matter how we are feeling.

I also think of my weight loss efforts in terms of my self value. I have written about this in the past, but I am convinced that weight issues are 90% psychological and relate to our sense of self-worth. Mostly we just don't believe we are worth the sacrifice of exercising, giving up unhealthy junk food, making healthy food choices, skipping restaurants, counting calories, tracking food, measuring portions, weighing in, etc. It really is a sacrifice and if we don't believe we are worth that hard work, then we will eventually give up. Now when faced with a choice about sitting on the couch versus exercising or eating take out versus making something healty... I ask myself "am I worth the sacrifice" and the answer is always yes!
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote