Old 10-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up 5-10 Pounds to lose by Turkey Day Challenge!

Okay ladies! Everyone come join us!! We can do it! My Halloween challenge I did I actually had alot of fun with and am still enjoying cause it is technically not over yet! I did lose the 10 pounds I set out to though by 10-23 Now I am wondering if that is jinxing me! Kind of like I am ahead of goal and so I am not losing any more?!? So I was going to wait til at least next sunday to start the t~day challenge but I think it is best to get going with my new challenge, since I already hit my goal for the last challenge. I am also doing a walking challenge and after today i will be past that!

So lets do it ladies! Lets motivate each other to lose 5-10 pounds by Turkey Day! I know I am up for it! Are you?? My goal is going to lose 10 pounds by thanksgiving. I will be down to 210 or less by then! Everyone come join me and watch the weight fall off!!

Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

Yeah! I am in. That would put me at my goal. We are going away for
Thanksgiving to see relatives that I have not seen in quite a long while so I
would really love to reach it.

Good Luck to everyone- We all can do this.!!!!!
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:33 PM   #3  
I AM healthy!

Okay cool! Glad to have you! So now we need to check in:

Come in.

1. Leave your starting weight.
2. List what type of exercise you will do daily to achieve your goal.
3. List how you will be watching your food, i.e. low carbs, calorie counting, etc
4. Check back in each day to share your progress of if you exercised, share the food you have eaten, etc.
5. Weekly weigh in. We will weigh in every week to see where we are!!

Good luck everyone!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:35 PM   #4  
I AM healthy!

1. 220
2. I will walk 50 - 100 minutes a day, 5 days a week. I want to get to about 1800 this month. I am almost at that this month so I know I can do it! The month before (September) I got to 1695. My highest month ever was 1730 in July. High before this month of October that is!
3. I will be calorie counting. Most days will be 1400-1800, with maybe two bad days no higher than 2000. I want to average 1700-1800 cals a day
Old 10-27-2006, 02:43 PM   #5  

Okay here goes......

1.) Today weigh-in at 131
2.) I am shooting for 4 mile runs 4-5x per week/2-3x strengh training.
3.) Eat breakfast each and every day/ portion control/ keeping process foods out.
4.) Food Today: B: oatmeal w/fruit L: 1/2 Tuna salad w/ tomato soup
D: (will be tricky going out with the gals so drinks will be involved )

Again good luck to everyone- Have a great weekend.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:44 PM   #6  
I AM healthy!

If any of us have any useful info or links please share them!

1. Womens Nutrition Health Guide Calculator

This link is awesome! It really helped me to understand how many cals my body needs to maintain and how many cals i need to cut to lose. It has been working like a charm and I have lost 10 pounds this month since starting to follow it!!

2. Fitday

Another great find. I am losing by counting calories and this thing is usually the first place I go to every day. I usually keep the window open and it helps me decide what to eat, what to eat less of or whether or not I can have a treat. VERY helpful in keeping track of calories!

3. The World's Healthiest Foods

That site is great for finding out exactly WHY fruit and veggies are so wonderful for you. It has helped to completely change my life around. Fruit helps keep you healthy by protecting your body from a wide range of diseases, heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, cholesterol, the list is endless!! It also helps you lose weight.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:44 PM   #7  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Thanks for the invite. I'm in! This will be my first challenge, and a great way to start off, I believe.

1. 262
2. I will use my step machine at a minimum of 30 minutes each day, at a minimum of 4 days a week.
3. I will be taking advantage of portion control, and eating small meals/healthy snacks at least 5 times a day, keeping my calorie count at or below 1600.

252... HERE I COME!

Last edited by martiniforme; 10-30-2006 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Edited to refine #3.
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:47 PM   #8  
I AM healthy!

Welcome callystia! So glad to have you!! That sounds like a good plan! What eating disorder did you have?? I have found that eating small meals thruout the day helps keep my metab going and keep me from getting hungry too!

Lovestorun:

That is nothing to frown about! You are doing great! I would love to be 131 right now! And you have come from 185 that is great! Are you doing cal counting too?
Old 10-27-2006, 02:47 PM   #9  

Jasmine31- Thanks for all the links they are really appreciated.
Also thanks for starting this thread-
Old 10-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #10  
I AM healthy!

Hi martiniforme!!

I know you are new to all this so I would highlyy recommend checking out those two first links I posted! I wish I had seen that stuff last year maybe I would of lost 100 by now!! Sounds like a good plan!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #11  

Lovestorun:

That is nothing to frown about! You are doing great! I would love to be 131 right now! And you have come from 185 that is great! Are you doing cal counting too?[/QUOTE]

Not to much of a cal counter probably should be though .
I have just really done it by "clean" eating and portion control and slooooowing down when I eat-ya know let my brain catch up to let me
know that I do not need anymore to eat sometimes.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #12  
I AM healthy!

Lovestorun:

Awww your welcome! I had lots of fun with my other challenges and I noticed one saturday the weigh in was the next day and I even went for an extra walk cause I was terrifeid of not losing and showing up and being a dunce! This week is a bit different. I have been good all week except one day. I normally have a treat meal of out to eat once a week but I was really bad and also had pizza for dinner! I did not gain but I have been stuck at the smae weight all week! I have tried to make up for it by walking more but the scale is the smae! I also wonder if I could be building muscle cause that happens some times. But at least I know I am working my butt off and am eating good cals. Some weeks that will happen. You just won't lose. I just have to try harder and stick with the program!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #13  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I would LOVE to lose 10 lbs by Turkey day! That will definetly be something to be thankful for!!

1. Starting weight - 236.0
2. This will be the biggest challenge for me because of injury but I will go for stability ball workout 2-3 times a week, walk 1 times a week and elliptical 2 times a week. (I can do that!)
3. I will be simply making good food choices. Portion control and moderation are key! Calorie wise it should come out to about 1600 calories a day, but I wont be counting religiously. More sporatic to keep myself accountable.

Oh I could be in the 220s soon!!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #14  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
Not to much of a cal counter probably should be though .
I have just really done it by "clean" eating and portion control and slooooowing down when I eat-ya know let my brain catch up to let me
know that I do not need anymore to eat sometimes.
Well whatever is working for ya hun! That is great!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:58 PM   #15  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
Welcome callystia! So glad to have you!! That sounds like a good plan! What eating disorder did you have?? I have found that eating small meals thruout the day helps keep my metab going and keep me from getting hungry too!

Hi Jasmine! I am still working on being able to call it an eating disorder, because I still have it in my head that "only skinny girls have those", and I don't qualify, you know? But the doctor says it is one, so every time I type it I believe it a bit more. *sigh*

I just went through a period of several months in which I couldn't allow myself to eat more than about 300-700 calories per day, and I was purging a lot even after that. There were a couple of instances of "real" bulimic episodes, where I would binge, then purge, but most of the time it was just heavy caloric restriction.

You can imagine that my metabolism's not too happy with me, nor is the rest of my body. I started having problems with heart arrhythmia, hair falling out, fainting, all kinds of nasty stuff. And of course, my weight loss just plain ol' stopped, for a long time.

I'm not in therapy right now, but I seem to be doing okay at just talking myself down when I start to panic, and my husband and (other) best friend are a HUGE help to me as well, so I'm hopeful that I'm past the worst of it.

Thanks for the hug!

Last edited by callystia; 12-09-2006 at 12:15 AM.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote