Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 12:20 AM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 Year Olds #90

G'day all,

It is Saturday afternoon and I am waiting for my floors to dry!

My computer has again crashed and I had little sleep last night thinking about what I should have backed up and what I hadn't
This morning dh managed to get it going again and I have now got everything backed up.
First thing Monday morning dh will 'throw' the computer at the company where it was bought less then 12 months ago for it to be fixed or else!!!
Luckily I can use dh's computer (which was mine before I got this super duper little machine) most of my programs are still on there so it should not be too much of an inconvenience.

I have lost track a bit but Bernice and Karen I hope you have arrived safe at your destinations.

Spoke to a firend who has just returned from 9 weeks in France, she said she didn't have too much difficulty with driving on the right hand side of the road but she did say that our idea of getting a GPS to find our way around America would be good. They wasted a lot of time trying to read their maps.
It would cost us an extra $15.00 per day to have it in a rental car so we are better off buying the unit outright and can that take it back to Australia for use here.

Slavika I will be getting 3 implants in my lower jaw. After chatting with the dentist, it does make sense for me to do that despite the cost
Next Tuesday I start with having x rays, it is a long process as you know, I doubt if I will have it all finalised by the time we leave on our American holiday.

My floors are dry so I better continue my mini spring clean

Cheers
Maria
Old 11-18-2006, 04:29 PM   #2  
Net browser

Hi Everybody: It's been awhile since I was here....I think around Halloween. Well Karen and Bernice have reached their destinations and Maria, you are back at home, so all is well....even if Karen drove the golf cart into the house, LOL LOL Glad YOU were ok Karen. I did join CURVES and have gone 4 times and like it very much. They had a 2 month special for $149.00 which worked out just fine for me. I leave for Maui on January 7th. Originally I was going to go home on March 3rd, but then two extra weeks became available right at the time I was going to go home so I changed my reservations and I took them. I will now leave Maui on March 17th. Glenda I didn't know you were a vegetarian......or maybe I knew and then forgot. I went out this morning with my family for brunch, that was a nice way to start off the day. They are all excited about coming to Maui on Feb. 17th for a couple of weeks and I know I sure will be happy to see them. I hope you American gals have a very Happy Thanksgiving and everybody has a great weekend. Bye now.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:52 PM   #3  

Just a quick note to let you know we arrived in the frozen north. We are at my sons in St Cloud for the night . Tomorrow we will drive on in to my Moms.

I'll catch up with all of you later.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:55 PM   #4  

Maria,
I've done the implant thing twice and I can tell you it's worth every penny it costs.
Saw Hairspray tonite and it was much better than the movie I took out of the library.
The weather here is glorious annde've been busy. Did hearing testing on preschoolers on Friday. this week we travel over to the east coast if Fl to have Thanksgiving with family. Looking forward to it.
It's late-bedtime.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:47 PM   #5  
Fun Blonde

Do all of you have to log in before you can post? It used to be automatic. Not that big a deal, but just wondered if things changed.

Karen, glad you are there. Hope the trip was uneventful, and I know your mom is happy to see you. Is it snowing?

Slavika, two more weeks in Maui! What a shame! I know you are anxious to get there. You still have a bit of a ceremony to perform for David, don't you?
So Curves won you over. I bet you do enjoy going there and visiting a bit too. My fitness place is not at all friendly. Everybody does their thing and nobody even says Hi to you.

We had a couples' weekend this past weekend and it was wonderful, as usual. I fixed chicken and noodles, had homemade noodles from a church. Everyone raved. I hated the smell of chicken so it was a job for me. Anyway, we played Tripoli, went to a movie, shopped, and visited all weekend. The time went very quickly.

I am a bit "down" today and don't really know why. Going to my sister's for Thanksgiving. I love my job but somedays I get so very, very tired of playing the Blame Game. And usually I am "it." How things can turn around to be my fault or responsibility just are astounding. I will get over it. Just think I am tired.

I need a nap.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:20 PM   #6  
Super Surfer

Smile Hi everyone...

It has been a while since I have posted, but we have been keeping in touch with the e-mails so I don't feel out of the loop too much. I was glad to hear that Bernice and Karen have safely arrived at their destinations.
Karen, it isn't that cold up here for the time of year I am sure you will enjoy the time with your family. So, you drove into your house with the golf cart.. that is too funny.
Maria You are a brave soul going for the implants. Are they going to be done all at once? I am sure you will be pleased after all the work is completed. Have you posted any pictures of Saskia?
Bernice I didn't realize you had family in Florida. I guess you are enjoying the warmer climate already.
GLenda I don't have to log on before posting. It has been quite a while since I have been here and everything was the same for posting.
I hate the "blame game" too. Once something happens it serves no purpose to pin the deed on someone else. Chicken is probably my favorite meat. We had beef tenderloin last night and I didn't feel well in the evening. I have noticed that red meat bothers my digestion so I don't eat it too often.
Slavika and I had a nice afternoon together. Our friend Nancy came too so we had a lot to talk about. It was a good day, the sun was out and we had a high of +6C/42F(?), we saw some kids walking around with no jackets... I am sure that temp makes Maria and you southerners shiver.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone. Have a great day.

bye bye..
Old 11-22-2006, 06:02 PM   #7  

G'day everyone,

I have been missing in action for a bit because of a bad stomach virus of some sort, still not feeling terrific but getting there.

Karen I hope you are enjoying yourself in the 'frozen north', we could do with a bit of that, we have had very hot weather and the airconditioner is working overtime and the worst thing is that it is not even summer yet!

Slavika pleased you are liking 'Curves' , January 7 will be here in no time and then when you get back you will have a chance to unpack and then we will be on your doorstep in April

Bernice glad you also have had the implant experience same as Slavika, good to hear you are also happy with the decision. I wasn't too keen to get this done because where the implants go is not obvious but after talking to my dentist it makes sense that it would place too much strain on my other teeth if I just left it.
Hope you have settled into your summer residence!

Glenda when I last lived in Sydney, part of the apartment complex was a gym and NO-ONE spoke, I hated it so in the end I just didn't bother going anymore. I think you are right, you probably need a break from your work if it is getting you down. Is it possible to have say 2 or 3 weeks off?
Because of all my computer problems (mine is being fixed at the moment) and I use either dh's or the laptop, I have to sign in every time but normally I don't. It maybe the way they have rebuild your computer.

Nice to see you Trudy, sounds positively HOT at your side of the world
I do (read did ) have some gorgeous shots of little Saskia but with my computer crashes they have gone. Our daughter is coming over to stay for 2 weeks on December 10 with little Saskia and she will bring over a CD with all her photos. We will put up another little website with her latest photos. She is just a little doll. It will be interesting to see how Matilda will react to a baby in HER Oma's house!
Matilda chats away now and is very cute and sweet, I am sure she will be fine when her little sister 'Poppy' arrives early January.

I hope to get some of the photo's of our last trip uploaded to the web today, will let you know when I have done it.

DH is very keen to see Cirque de Soleil in Las Vegas for the Beatle show, checked out the prices today , we will book it before we leave Australia, we are only going to be once in our lifetime so what the heck!

Time is going fast and before you know it we will be on our way

Hi to everyone I have not mentioned, hope you are all well and happy....

Cheers
Maria
Old 11-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #8  
Super Surfer

Cool We set a record today..

Maria .. it is positively HOT here. We set a record high at 12.6C. The bad news is we are going to be hit hard with some bad weather that is approaching us, rain.. then sleet followed by snow as the temps. drop. (I just felt like I was reporting the weather on TV ) No doubt you are all glad you don't live up here in the frozen north. Sorry you were laid low with the flu. Do you get yearly flu inoculations? I just had mine, hopefully they guessed right and gave us the proper meds.
'Poppy' .. you must explain. Is the the name of baby while she is pregnant or will it be her name? I am curious as I like that name.
My SIL sent me pictures of the little ones and they are so tiny I can't do anything with them. I know there is a way to make them bigger, but I am clueless as to how.
I am very lucky at my Gym. Everyone is so friendly, I always have someone to talk with. If fact, I have made some wonderful friends there. People that we see socially now. I really enjoy the organized aerobic , weight and bounce classes . The Instructors are so knowledgeable, the music is peppy and we have so much fun, the time flies by.
You will enjoy Cirque de Soleil, anyone who has seen it, raves about it.
Sometime my little gets a little tired of MC being around. They were over on the weekend and she asked me if just the two of us could go downstairs and watch a movie, "no babies" she said. It will be interesting to see how Matilda likes having a sister.

We finally got our occasional tables today. It is wonderful not having the lamps sitting on the floor and using shaky tv tables. They are a bit big, but I am very pleased with them.

Bye for now..
Old 11-23-2006, 09:43 AM   #9  
Member Florida Chick

Hi All: The house is smelling very nice, as I am roasting a turkey for our dinner down at the clubhouse. everyone that is not going somewhere with family gathers there in tables of 12. The turkeys, stuffing, wine, tea and coffee are furnished, and then we each bring something for our table. I signed up for pies, and yesterday made a pumpkin, apple and an experiment- a mince chiffon pie. It tasted pretty good when i cleaned out the bowl. I'll let you know how it goes over. Regular mince pies are too rich for me, so thought I'd try this. Our meal is at 2:30. We have tired for years to get people to stay to play cards or games, but the men always have to get home to watch football.

I'll get back here later, as now I have to go to set up our table. Ann

Old 11-24-2006, 01:03 AM   #10  

G'day all,

Yes Trudy that is going to be her name 'Poppy'. I am used to it now, took a while to grow on me though.
As far as weather another warm to hot day here 32 degrees.
I will have to give you a few very quick lessons when I am at your end of the world and you will be posting photos all the time!!
Your gym sounds similar to the one I used to go to some years ago, it was good fun.
Ann you are always busy doing something! Your dinner sounds lovely. The village you live in sounds like they are a very caring lot, they are lucky to have you doing all the things you do.

I don't have the flu but just feel yuck, nauseous and the runs. Just as I think I am much better and I start to do something physical I feel dizzy and horrible again Very annoying.

Tomorrow morning is a Christmas Pageant close to my home and Peta has asked if I would come with her and Matilda, I have said 'yes' but the forecast is for more hot weather so I will wait how I feel in the morning.

Off to make a bit of bland risotto, neither of us feel like anything but feel we want to eat something.

Have a great weekend all,
Cheers
Maria
Old 11-26-2006, 10:09 PM   #11  

Hi all,
We are back from spending Thanksgiving in Boca Raton. We were wined and dined royally. Lots of brunches and a fabulous thanksgiving dinner. I think I was good but the proof will be tomorrow on the scale. I will also join the Y and start my exercise program.
Neighbors are busy putting up Christmas decorations and it's looking festive around here. Just looks a bit odd to me as there is no snow like I"m use to.
Dogs survived the kennel but I bathed them as soon as we got home cause they were smelly.
I also washed their bed as it was grimey.
DH left hose running till it burst. Can only imagine the water bill after 5 days.
Am tired so I'll catch you all later. Nite,
Bernice
Old 11-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #12  

Hi All,
Been forever since I was here. I posted a few weeks ago but it said I wasn't logged in when I really was. I have to log on to this site every time now. I have an internet eraser and it erases all my cookies and things. I hope it works this time.
We had a nice Thanksgiving holiday. It is one of my favorites. Yesterday we went to a baptism. It was for my niece's son and he was wearing a traditional baptism dress. The dad put a Bengals bib on him so he didn't look sissified.
I can't believe this weather. People are wearing shorts this week. But is going to change this weekend. This is my Brown County weekend with the "girls". We {2 plus me} are taking breakfast for the two days. I made muffins this morning and they are in the freezer now. I hope I remember everything I am responsible for.
Maria you are smart to buy your own GPS. They are great. My sil has one.
Got to run,
Peggy
Old 11-28-2006, 08:28 PM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone-
I have been missing in action because our computer died. And the upshot of the whole deal was that it wasn't repairable, and so now we have a new computer. But- I don't have any addresses in my address book- So now I have to start all over. If you don't hear from me in a while you will know why. I even gave him a back-up[ disc with addresses on it, but if he downloaded it I don't know where it is.

On top of this, we had decided that we wanted a smaller car. So Friday we went out and traded and bought a new Kia Optima. It is great and we both like it, but then to have the computer die was a bit much. We will have our Christmas, Anniversary and birthday presents taken care of for a long time.:

Our Thanksgiving was very nice. Of course we always eat too much. I was to make dessert for our table. I tried something new, and it went over very well. Of course we had the obligatory pumpkin and apple but this was a mince chiffon. Turned out nicely. If you are interested I'll give you my recipe. Regular mince pie is just too rich for me, and this way you get the flavor but it is very light.

I am having to learn a lot with this new computer. We now have a cd burner, and lots of other bells and whistles that he put on for us. Probably I'll never master all of them but will try.

When I went to my email address, I had 100 emails. And some were returns from you Maria, saying that they couldn't be delivered. Also when your request for an answer to your emails comes up it won't send one back to you. Something new, I don't understand, I guess.

So everyone please send me an email, so I can get all your addresses put back on my list. This is very frustrating, to be sure.

I'll get back on track before too long, but it will take me a while. At least this new computer is really fast. I like that.

I of course had to log in, but I did indicate remember me. so we'll ssee if that makes any difference.

I may be looking for help from you computer whizes.

Ann
Old 11-30-2006, 07:39 PM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

Bernice: would you please send an email to me with your Kashapuppy address: That is one I lost when my address book went with the old computer. Hope you are enjoying this nice Florida weather.

Karen : I hope that you are enjoying the cold and snow.

Hi everyone. Ann
Old 12-01-2006, 07:28 AM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

It's me again. I keep getting mail returned that went out to Maria and Glenda. Would you both send me your email address that is the one you use for email. I seem to have two addresses for each of you. That just might solve the problem.

Where is everyone? Ann
Closed Thread