Old 11-21-2006, 09:02 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fab & Fit 40's-50's #183

The last thread was waaayy too long!!!

Congrats, Susan, on the loss and reaching past your half-way mark!
You're doing so well and I'm proud of you!

Will be back later, and probably over the weekend. Tomorrow evening is one of my favorite nights of the year.....cooking and watching It's a Wonderful Life.....oh yeah!!!!

luv you all,
~Jen

Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:45 PM   #2  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY BUDDIES!!!

Have a great day and great weekend. I'm off after today until December 6 for THE WEDDING, my birthday, etc. I'm getting excited now - 10days to go!

I give thanks for all my blessings and you guys are counted in as one, well.... more than one, you know what I mean, lol. Seriously, I appreciate all of you!

Love,
Dianne
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:20 PM   #3  

CONGRATS Susan! Great loss.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

Good luck Dianne! It will be FANTASTIC!!!!!

Luv y'all,
Terri
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:43 PM   #4  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Ooops I some how lost the jump from one thread to another. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. DH and I had a nice quiet day..just the 2 of us. I made a point friendly dinner...changing up some of the old high point foods to some nice new low point versions.

Yesterday was our 5th anniversary. Didn't do anything special...we had to bowl and I don't really like eating out any more. If I eat out I don't feel like I can control the meal and the points.

Hope everyone is doing great.
CarebearsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Monday all!

I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing... I hope that everyone had a great holiday.

We had a nice holiday and a wonderful couple of days off from work. W/I went really well for me on Saturday.. I was down .4 lbs... not much but I will take it and not complain a bit !!!

I have to run but will stop back later one.
Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:04 AM   #6  

Happy Anniversary Chris!!!!!

Glad y'all had a great day! Ours was very traditional. Very nice.
I think it is absolutely my favorite day!!!!!!

Love y'all!
Terri
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:10 AM   #7  
A matter of time

Thanks, Terri. We had a great day.

WI was Sunday and I am now 260 that is a total of 34 pounds. I made my Thanksgiving goal and my TBL goal.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #8  

Good job Chris! I am so happy for you! There is nothing like making your goals and getting smaller

Susan
Old 11-28-2006, 01:21 PM   #9  
A matter of time

To me making the smaller goals and making them is fun. I never thought I would say lossing weight is fun...but it is. Not to mention all the online friends I have meant.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:17 PM   #10  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Susan,
Good going! To be down after a major food holiday like Thanksgiving is an accomplishment. Congrats on the discipline.

Chris,
Happy Anniversary and good going on the weight control. You're doing an awesome job.

Dianne,
Only 4 days to go! I KNOW you're hanging in there and have everything under control. Please remember to
Relax! Enjoy! and Remember! it all goes by so quickly.
Let us in on the details!

luv,
Jen
Old 11-29-2006, 09:48 AM   #11  
A matter of time

I may not be here as much the next couple of days. A dear friend, Mikie, who bowled on DH's Wednesday night team passed away Monday. A little over a year ago he was found to have prostrate cancer. Prostrate was removed and he was told they got it all. He had monthly visits to the doctors. Late March or early April, he started complaining of a back ache. The cancer had spread and was all up and down his spine. He was pretty much told it was fatal but they tried experimental chemo. The chemo weakened his heart and about a month ago he had a heart attack. Doctors told him he could no longer undergo chemo and that it was just a matter of time. Visitation is this morning and funeral is tomorrow. Mikie did everything for his wife. He spoiled her and she will be the first to admit it. I saw them both 2 weeks ago at the gas station. Mikie was teaching Linda how to pump gas. Even though we all knew this day was coming Linda is taking it real hard. Another wife of a bowler on that team and I are going to see to it that Linda eats today (we have been told she hasn't eaten since Monday morning and she is diabetic). All we can do now is to be there for Linda and help her as much as we can.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:05 AM   #12  

Chris: I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend... taking care of his widow is the best way to honor him so you have a truly good friend! Best wishes!

All: I hope that you are having a productive day. It is rainy here today and gloomy... we are supposed to have snow Thursday night so that will make the drive into work on Friday morning fun. I like the snow and don't mind driving in it is just dealing with the traffic and everything else that comes along with the snow

Have a great day!
Susan
Old 11-29-2006, 02:33 PM   #13  
A matter of time

Thanks Susan. I am home now for a little while. As I figured Linda hadn't eaten breakfast. We made you eat this afternoon and will see to it that she eats dinner as well. She is holding up better than I thought she would. She would break down every on and again when talking about a memory. Then out of the blue she just broke down. We tried to consule her. Finally she said how am I going to get the things done around the house and the car looked after. Guess it was meant for her to worry about it at that moment. My DH is a mechanic and my friend's, Kathy, hubby is a building contractor. We assured her they were just a phone call away. We made sure she had our numbers in her purse before we left. Tomorrow is the funeral. Mikie and Linda had no children. The only living relative Mikie has is an aunt. Kathy stated in a week or so she will call Linda and invite her for Christmas. I hope she takes Kathy up on that so she isn't alone.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:05 PM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Chris,
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Linda is blessed with people who care about her. It's especially difficult at this time of year.

I think I may have had Alana's wedding date wrong in my mind...is it on Dec. 9?

later,
~Jen
Old 11-30-2006, 02:24 AM   #15  

Hi everyone:

Chris, so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. His wife will definitely appreciate the efforts of you and your friend Kathy.

Jen - NO, YOU HAD IT RIGHT - DECEMBER 2nd : Since I'm writing this at 2:17 a.m. on Thursday, 11/30, the wedding is now 2 days away! I am hanging in there and actually glad to be busy and running around, so I don't have much time to think of my baby girl leaving I'm excited and happy for them though. My son Steven is coming in from Florida early this afternoon. He's in the bridal party. He will stay until my birthday on Monday, and Monica and the kids are coming in from Philadelphia and will stay for a couple of days too, so I'll be with them and won't feel so lonely. Alana and Sal are going to Barbados and they leave early Sunday morning. We'll take them to the airport.

Anyway, still seems like there's much to do, but I know it will all work out. Thank goodness I took the whole week off!

Hi, to Es, Terri, Sandy, ZoeGirl, Susan. Hope I didn't forget anyone, but if I did, I plead temporary insanity, lololol.

Talk to you's soon, probably ATW (after the wedding, lol). Have a great rest of the week everyone.
decemberdianne is offline   Reply With Quote