Old 11-20-2006, 09:46 AM   #1  
Going to ONEderland

Default Three day no cheat challenge

I have to go back to induction. So I'm starting a 3 day no cheat challenge. Anyone restarting who wants to join me? Induction for 3 days always puts me back into ketosis. I need to be there. I lose best at that level of carbs.

I've been pretty good since I started. Had some deviations Friday and Saturday, but got back to mostly low carb yesterday. Still I suspect Ketosis is gone. I need it back.

Scale is up to 252.5 Several pounds higher than my ticker says. I want that 240 something number back.

Anyone else need a boost to get back into ketosis? Join me for 3 days.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:35 PM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

I'll join ya Sherry!

INDUCTION here we come . . . so glad to have found this site. Induction and some support are EXACTLY what I've needed for about a 100#'s now! LOL! Induction is 20g or less right? I'll check back to see how you've done -

I work nights so will only be Posting in the afternoons and Wee Hours of the morning.

Where can I get a ticker tape thingie showing progress/goals?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:48 AM   #3  
aud
lc lifestyle

Sherry?

Yooooooo Hoooooooooo Sherry?????

How'd you do Day One?

If my sleeping pill kicks in pretty quick, I'll have made it thru w/o cheating.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:28 AM   #4  
Going to ONEderland

I did well. You? Ticker tape thingy you get by going to the top of this page and click on "User CP" and then "edit signature" then find the "click here" spot and follow the instructions. You have to enter current weight, goal weight and start weight, pick a bar, pick a marker, and then after doing all that copy the code into your signature box.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

Tx - think I finally got it to work!

I'm so glad I saw your Post - I don't feel as discouraged about starting Induction right around a Major Food Festival Holiday! I can already feel my energy level increasing . . . not sure if that's just wishful thinking or what ---since the results are the same! LOL!

The lady that brings delectable homemade goodies to work, sat an entire PLATE of fudge brownies on my desk last nite and I was able to resist thinking of this Forum! (I gave them to a group of young fellas that have so much energy they actually play a "hackee sack" game on breaks and lunches!)

I need to remember how great it feels to resist when feeling like stuffing the face!

Hope you're having a good day . . . I'm off to start mine.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:59 PM   #6  
Going to ONEderland

Yes it is strange timing. I have to find myself back on track though. I want this time to become the time I make this a lifestyle. Not just a day or two on a day or two off (or worse months and months off and gaining every day).

I told myself this time when doing Atkins again that I will be consistent about it. I did take Friday off, but that led to small cheats Saturday and then again on Sunday. Not large ones, but large enough to pull me out of ketosis.

So now it is 3 days to get it back. I don't know what is going to happen on Thursday. I can already see huge amounts of illegal food staring me in the face. Will I be able to stay on track? Or will I cave in? Not sure.

But for now I'm still doing well.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:34 AM   #7  
aud
lc lifestyle

That's EXACTLY how I feel/am looking at it! Can't believe I surfed this site after seeing it in a magazine and within MINUTES saw your Post, Sherry. It's about lifestyle for me too at this point - Holiday or not - cause all those little cheats do the EXACT SAME THING to me!

Ahhh the things I resisted tonight could fill a CARB LOADING RECIPE BOOK - GIGANTIC Txgiving Feast with all the trimmings - every pie and chocolate concoction known to mankind - HOMEMADE MACARONI CHEESE BAKES etc etc . . . I loaded up on salad first then ham and cheese cubes . . . green bean casserole and devilled eggs for dessert.

stuffed

And I feel great . . . really great.

Watching everybody else look half asleep and miserable was also somewhat rewarding in itself!

I don't know what Thrs holds either . . . I'm off to look up a few recipes (haven't done Atkins in a few years---remember LOVING the cauliflower "mashed potato" recipe) . . . so kind of recipe rusty--but KNOW I have to somehow remember this "good" feeling and also to somehow STOP thinking of carb-loaded food as some kind of "reward" - when really it's not, you know?

My mouth is getting dry---always a sure ketosis sign for me . . . gotta remember to drink lots of water---have a Great Day 3!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:03 AM   #8  
Going to ONEderland

Ok I will. You too. I'm mad at the scale, it refuses to give me any encouragement at all, but day three will be as carefully done as day two and one were. Tomorrow? I can't say. I am planning to take some green beans with me to mother in laws house, because I know what her idea of vegetables is. (potatoes, corn, bread, potato salad, and more and more starchy or sweet foods).

Normally whenever I go to eat at her house, the meat is all I can have. She never includes anything that is naturally low in carbs. I wind up feeling sick if I've been on Atkins for any length of time and then eat at her house. I tried the cauliflour potatoes once and I couldn't get the consistency right they tasted grainy, not smooth. I must have done something wrong. I only tried them once.

Maybe I'll take some strawberries for desert. With cream and maybe some sugar free Torani syrup to give them flavor. That way if I do decide to stay on plan I won't be eating only meat.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:21 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

I'm going to weigh in tonight . . . I'm off work until next Wed. - so want to see where I'm at but determined NOT to get in the tired ole cycle of being disappointed by the scale - dying to move my ticker thingie tho'!!

What I want to take with me thru tomorrow and also the week that I'm off-bottom line-is how good I feel. If, God Forbid, I STAY at this whopping 245#'s, at least I feel better in TWO DAYS of Induction than I've felt in a longlong time. I don't want to lose that with some mindless eating.

Starchy carb loading makes me feel like crud.

Bingeing on sugar carbs makes me feel even worse.

Eating "small" amounts of either - makes me feel "deprived" at this point - and leads to eating LARGE amounts of something I don't even want later on.

It all seems so simple when Posting on this Forum, LOL!

(BTW Sherry . . . I think we may have the same in-laws!!!! My MIL is a fantastic "country cook" . . . one of my first meals there consisted of fried potatoes and pinto beans as the sides! Chocolate cake for dessert---my FIL topped his slice of cake with scoops of pinto beans!!! ummmmm, yes - in the spirit of things, I followed suit and actually LOVED--HA!) You're wise to plan ahead!!!

I think its two cream cheeses for two heads of cauliflower - almost a whole stick of real butter and a little cream for consistency of sauce. I remember also using 2 lg frozen bags of chopped cauliflower. Season with white pepper, onion powder and garlic powder as you simmer. Have the cauliflower draining really good and then whip if you want lump free or mash if you like the lumps---I liked to cover the top with paprika and dashes of cayenne.

The recipe section here was great - I cancelled my plans for the cauliflower potatoes and am gonna try a new one tomorrow to get that special "comfort food" feeling: MACAFONI & CHEESE It's made with tofu, so know I will be feeling exotic.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:06 PM   #10  
Going to ONEderland

Weighing at night? I'm always 2 or 3 pounds heavier in the evening than in the morning. I alway prefer morning weigh in. Of course I get downright silly about it sometimes. I weigh after using the bathroom and before putting on a stitch of clothing. Then try not to eat or drink until after a BM, then weigh again (if possible) before eating. I want to make sure I'm weighing ME, not some food or water I might have in me that will come back out soon enough, and not clothing that I might be wearing.

Yeah I guess that's a little compulsive. I'm not going to apologize for it though.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:44 AM   #11  
aud
lc lifestyle

Right On Sherry! NO apologies needed OR accepted in this Cheat Challenge!!!

I used to do the EXACT same routine (our cyber-meeting and similarities are amazing me!) when I weighed-in on my old Day Shift life . . . have been on a Night Shift for about 8 years now so everything is topsy turvy - the most I can manage now is to get my work boots off - LOL! We've got a medical scale at work, so I just try to weigh at the same time. The scale news was FABOO tonight - 6 lbs down!!!!

Gotta go find how to change my ticker thingie . . . but want to wish you:

Old 11-23-2006, 12:12 PM   #12  
Going to ONEderland

6 pounds? You GO Girl! Congratulations to you! My scale was down too, (finally) but not that much. I'm still in old territory that I am trying to recover my way back to the lowest point I saw on the scale earlier this month. I'm within one pound of that place though so that feels good considering that I when I hit that spot (249.5) I had gone to bed without dinner the night before!

So to even be up a pound from that point after having eaten dinner tells me that I'm probably lighter now than I was then (if that makes any sense).

So today, is going to be the hard one. I reached ketosis and I REALLY want to keep it. How am I going to do that at my mother in law's house? Maybe I must take my own food. Gonna try that one.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #13  
Going to ONEderland

Ok, the 3 days are up and we survived turkey day. Do you want to go for another 3? I think I need it! I did eat probably way too many strawberries yesterday!
Old 11-24-2006, 12:29 PM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I will join you all in a 3 day no-cheat challenge now that Thanksgiving is over, I need to get more on track.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:51 PM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

YAY lilyb!

Maybe separating this into 3 days at a time will be like the 3rd time being a charm for me???!!!!

Wanna try for 3 more days Sherry?