Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-20-2006, 06:52 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Question Anyone else around 210 wanting to be 135ish?

I joined 3fatchicks about a month ago and am pretty much right where I started. Today I rec'd some bloodwork back from my Drs office. My thyroid is high, but I already knew I was hypothyroid. They have ordered me to workout one hour every day. I am a former life long skinny person, so this new found body weight has been painfully depressing.
I thought maybe I could find someone else who was around my current weight and shooting for a similiar goal weight. Maybe we could support each other? I have 2 small toddlers that keep me busy all day. All my friends with newborns and toddlers are already thin again, I seem to be the only fat mom every place I go. I am in such a funk about it.
ANYONE?
Also -- side question, how do I add a little counter on the bottom like everyone else? I love seeing how much weight people have lost. Everyone here is so inspiring. I'm really looking forward to having a reason to use that little dancing carrot! LOL
PS - I am 5'6
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:55 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I started where you are now and my goal is 130. If you even wanna chat I am more then willing, give me a pm
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:02 PM   #3  
LLV

You can do it! I did!
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:26 PM   #4  

I'm a pretty close match Except you're taller and I have furry children instead of the human kind, but they sure can act like two year olds!
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:28 PM   #5  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hello! You are welcome to join us in our challenge thread. Turkey day is almost here but we are a very supportive group. I have similiar stats to yours except you are taller than me. I have small kids too.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:27 PM   #6  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I also am about your current weight, and shooting for a goal very close to yours. There are many of us in this boat!

As for the counter, click on UserCP in th purple task bar at the top of your page. From there, you will see a column on the left where you can click "edit signature." There will be directions for adding a ticker!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:40 PM   #7  

Thumbs up

I will put my hand up I want to be 135 , I'm 5.4" and i have 4 children ,one not at home the others in primary school.

kiwichic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/189/140

Height: 5'1 and 1/2"

i'm shorter than you, but i started out at 215 and i'm working my way down to 135/140.
IAte86Crayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:28 AM   #9  

I was 238 this morning and my goal is 135 . I am on medicine for underactive thyroid . I am walking 3 miles a day and then ride my exercise bike for a half hour a day .
I will happily join your challenge!!!
I think being able to change my sig with a loss helps me so much .
Good luck everyone .
didi65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I started out at a similar weight to you a couple months ago after having my third child. I am an inch taller than you, at 5'7". I have an 8 year old, a 5 year old, and now a 3 month old-so I can relate to your situation.
My goal is a little higher than you, though-arounf 150. I have to keep some of my curves for my job.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #11  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Thumbs up

I'm 214 right now (after 2 months of hard work!) and my very very long term goal is 140. Right now I'm just shooting for the 175 though. That 140 is just too unreal to even think about right now. lol

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/201/115

Height: 5'2"

Hi 2bthinagain!
Sounds like we are very similar. I am 5'2" and 200lbs. I just had my first baby in 2005 and had my second earlier this year (11 months apart). I gained a whopping 80lbs during the 2 consecutive pregnancies--very depressing. I also have hypothyroidism, which has made losing the weight nearly impossible. I too feel like the only fat mom everywhere i go. I have been attempting fad diets, to no avail. I need to get real about my exercise program and eating habits--two years of "eating for 2" has been difficult to shake. I would love the support also!! What kind of workout are you planning on doing? I will try to get up in the am before the kiddos and do 20 min. of weight training and 40 minutes of cardio (either exercise bike or treadmill) I got the biggest loser workout dvd and i love it. As far as the weight loss ticker...if you click on the "user cp" at the top far left and then click "edit signature" on the left it will give you the "add weight tracker" option. I will be leaving for Thanksgiving Wed. am, so i probably won't be able to check in until sat or sun after thanksgiving, but i look forward to keeping in touch with everyone!
angielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:38 PM   #13  
Shannon

S/C/G: 228/178/135

Height: 5'3"

I was 228 when I started in May and now I'm 181. My goal is 135. I have a 6 month old and a 2.5 year old. Oh, and I'm 5'3", and on that note my kids are waking up so I have to go! haha Hope to see you around the boards!
mtp_and_hmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:27 PM   #14  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Oh my gosh. I just want to cry. I am overwhelmed at how many of you have offered your stories and your support. I am truly about ready to cry. It has been so painful not to know anyone at all who can relate. My husband doesn't get it, I mean, he is supportive don't get me wrong, but he doesn't understand how hard it is and what it's like being home with the kids all day. I see photos of myself (which are RARE) and I don't even know that person. I am very embarassed to go to my parents for Tgiving. I will be seeing family members that remember the skinny me and it will be so embarassing.
I want to keep in touch with all of you!! Knowing that it has been done, and can be done is helpful. I don't feel so lost anymore.

Hugs all around, seriously. I really really really really appreciate hearing from each of you. Please keep me posted. Maybe once a week I can start a new thread for updates or whatever?? What is the name of this new little group? 2 be 135 again? LOL, or 210 going on 135??? I don't know...but I will look for each of you on the threads. I will also try to figure out how to do the PM thingy.

Thanks so very much. Everyone here just made my day.
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:14 PM   #15  
Domestic Engineer

I would love to be 135 again!! (just not so sure it would happen for me, lol)
I am also 5'7 and this morning was 208 so we have pretty similar stats. I have 4 kids: 8,6,3 and 2 so I hear you on the busy!! I would love to chat with you. I'll look for you on the boards, or please feel free to pm me!!
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote