Old 11-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #1  
Melissa

Lightbulb Turbo Jam Chat and Support

Hi everyone! I know I'm new to this area of the board, but I just started the Turbo Jam workouts and really love them. I thought that I'd see if there's any Turbo Jammers out there who would like to start a chat/support thread.

I just started "Jamming" Saturday, and have only done the Learn and Burn. I'm starting slowly but surely!

I hope to meet some more of you who are doing Turbo Jam too!
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:07 PM   #2  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Melissa!

Glad to hear that you are enjoying Turbo Jam! The DVDs are among my favorites! Chalene is SOOOO upbeat!

I really sweat while I am working out with Turbo Jam! I am getting to be more coordinated and have lots more energy since I added it to my exercise routine.

Enjoy!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #3  
Melissa

Hi Cheryl! Thanks, I'm really excited about them. Do you use them regularly or are you using them along with another program?
Old 11-21-2006, 09:34 PM   #4  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

joining in as I'm getting a new computer {my home machine is dead} AND turbo Jam for christmas
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:30 PM   #5  
Melissa

Mkat, I bet you'll love it. I just finished the learn and burn (still learning!!) and it's great!
Old 11-23-2006, 01:57 AM   #6  
Lurtle

Hello all! I just got my DVD's today, and of course started with Learn and Burn. Wow! That was quite a workout for me, as I'd let myself get very very very out of shape. One thing I discovered from the workout is that I need new shoes! Mine are a bit too worn out and my knees are killing me due to the fact that I walk to the outsides of my feet, so my shoes have been "molded" to my feet for a few months now. I am going tomorrow to buy a pair that I will ONLY use for exercise. The DVD was very fun and motivational, I can see myself getting into them fairly easily. God, I have to do it this time, I am so tired of being fat...I can't keep on like I have been. Good luck to all of us!
Eldubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:34 AM   #7  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

I absolutely love, love ALL of the turbo jam workouts. I started out with L&B in May of this year and I haven't looked back...still can't believe that I'm able to complete punch, kick & jam. I normally workout 5-6 days per week...not bad, considering I had been a couch potato for the past 15 years. Here recently, I have been throwing in workouts other than turbo jam a couple of times a week for a little variety. I still haven't found anything as addictive and fun as turbo jam. I've ordered Chalene's latest ball workouts and I am so amped...chomping at the bit...come on beachbody, send me my stuff!

I'm hoping to see a new "challenge" thread soon. I'm ready to kick things up a notch. Happy jamming ladies.
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:30 AM   #8  
Melissa

Hi Eldubu! You are going to love them. I hate to exercise and I do love TJ! In fact, I just finished the 20 minute workout and I'm thinking about doing the L&B, just for a little something extra. I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress!

bbobsgrl, a challenge is a great idea! I love it. You could start one for us! Congrats on your success with TJ.

Are you all following a diet plan too or mainly just focusing on exercise and healthy eating?

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-24-2006, 04:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Turbo Jam ROCKS seriously I just recently started doing it again and I love it. In three weeks I've lost 10 pounds my clothes are fitting better, work pants are falling off and I am absolutely loving it.
cgonzalez2242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:16 AM   #10  

Default This is How Im Losing the weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by septembersgoal View Post
Hi Eldubu! You are going to love them. I hate to exercise and I do love TJ! In fact, I just finished the 20 minute workout and I'm thinking about doing the L&B, just for a little something extra. I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress!

bbobsgrl, a challenge is a great idea! I love it. You could start one for us! Congrats on your success with TJ.

Are you all following a diet plan too or mainly just focusing on exercise and healthy eating?

Happy Thanksgiving!
I've been doing Turbo Jam aswell as watching what I eat. In the past I tried weight watchers and it worked as long as I ate their meals and counted points but I felt like I was tied down to that notebook. So I decided to merge both the Turbo Jam and the Weight Watchers. oh and the special K diet aswell.

I am not a morning person so I wake up around 10:30 - 11:00 Have a big glass of milk watch tv for about an hour start getting ready for work stick a weight watchers meal in the microwave while Im doing my hair, and eat 1/2 before going out the door. While at work I eat a Special K snack or Wheat Thins (man I love Wheat thins) or a bowl of special K cereal with 2% milk. After work I come home around 10:30 eat another Weight Watchers meal or if Im in the mood Ill cook some kind of fish or chicken but for the most part its W.W.M for me. I hate counting calories it's a pain, and I figured Weight Watcher Meals are good and pretty filling.

I should also start taking a multivitamin or something to make sure Im getting all the vitamins I need.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #11  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I am loving these TJ threads! I'm a gym chick, spending 90 minutes a day, 3-4 days a week and feel like I'm getting bored of my routine Starting to gain back, about 5 pounds (no, I won't change my ticker to say 224, be patient with me whilst I bask in my denial) and looking for something new and something to KICK MY BUTT back on track! So a friend at work does her TJ videos, LOVES them so I've done a bit of checking and am finding you gals on my 3FC loves it too so I'M ON BOARD! Done some checking, yes, eBay has some GREAT deals...I'm going to check the video store today to see if I can rent any of them (at my local Family Video, fitness rentals are FREE but I imagine they're referring to some Jane Fonda VHS from the 80s lol, but I'll still check)..also the aforementioned friend has mentioned loaning me hers....

So thanks for the motivation, I'll check back after I get my mitts on the DVD!

xoxoxox Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:07 PM   #12  
Melissa

Wow cgonzalez!! That's amazing! Thanks for sharing your ideas. I was doing the core plan of WW but recently haven't been doing much of anything. I need to get back into my eating plan, recently I've been so tired and stressed I haven't had time to cook or to care much. But at least I've started exercising regularly, which is a big thing for me!
I think the vitamins help too. I'm actually taking a prenatal vitamin because dh and I are ttc. I think they help a lot with my energy and how I feel.

Michelle, I'm really loving TJ, and I'm just a "beginner" exerciser. I'm sure you'll find them to be easy to get the hang of. They're tons of fun, I've stayed with it more than anything else I've ever tried.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:33 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 174/170.8/155

Height: 64 inches

Hi all! I ordered it! I'm so excited to get my DVDs. I ordered Turbo Jam on Nov 22 so i hope to get them sometime this week. But i don't know with the holiday and all. You all made it sound like so much fun. I really hate to work out. So this should be good for me. My DH is currently in Iraq and has been for the last three months. My goal was to look hot for him when he gets home and i have been putting it off. Now he comes home in three months and i haven't done a thing. I need motivation and you all look like you can give it to me. I'm up for challange when i get my tapes. Good luck!
misflan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:08 PM   #14  

Oh My God you guys Turbo Jam Rock Ive lost 15 pounds and I still get up and Im Excited to do Turbo Jam.

I did have two snickers and two slices of pizza but at least they were thin crust I totally screwed up yesterday but Im on it today.

Special K bowl of Cereal in the morning

A Mandarin for snack

Salad for lunch

and

chicken for dinner

wow theres my meal plan you guys how boring well if Im gonna lose weight I better do it right.

love you guys!!! Congrats on all the weight lost!!! lets shed those pounds.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:25 PM   #15  
Melissa

misflan, Hi!! Glad to have you join us. I've really been loving TJ, it's a lot of fun. It can definitely whip you into a hot babe for your DH!

congonzalez, on such an amazing loss!! That's 5 more pounds, right?? Wow!! Your menu looks good...much better than mine have been lately!!

Well I have been a total slacker this week with TJ. My plan is to get back on board first thing in the morning! I need to go find a WOWY partner I guess, that will probably help.
I'll let you all know how it goes!!