Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/155/139

Height: 5'8" / Female

Question Ab Lounge? Anyone?

I just bought the Ab Lounge 2 this weekend to use as my excercise.

It emulate sit-up and crunches. Does anyone have/use one of these? If so, how did you like it? Any good results?

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/205/150

Height: 5' 6"

I had one , I liked the way it made me feel in my stomach muscles , but then it started making me dizzy when I did it , so I got rid of mine . I like my bike and dance excersizes .
Old 06-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #3  
Enjoy the day!

I have one, but it was put together wrong in the beginning and now it's very loud and squeaky and it's annoying.. drives me nuts.. I have since taken it apart and put it together right but it didn't fix the already noisy workings of the thing.. BUT anyway... It is great.. helps those tummy muscles a lot. I love it
Old 06-29-2006, 10:03 PM   #4  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

There was a thread about this not long ago......
I bought one at Walmart, had it for less than a week and brought it back. In theory, it would be good abdominal exercise, but mine kept unscrewing itself at the hinge where it bends when I used it, and re-tightening the bolts every time I used it would have stripped them out. I may have tried to fix it, but I was too short for it, anyway. My hubby had to rig the foot rests in the folded up position for me to reach them, so I just returned it. I used the money to get a Gazelle, which I've been very happy with.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:17 AM   #5  

I sold mine at our garage sale for $25. Just do sit ups!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #6  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Default Always

I've always been curious about this. So the quality of the equiptment depending on were you get it? Ugh
Old 11-17-2006, 07:13 PM   #7  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

An ablounge is an ablounge no matter where you get it, but I'm sure there have probably been some knockoffs made. Mine was the real thing, and it was just poorly built. I know they have several different kinds, though, so maybe the more expensive ones are made better. Mine was noisy, too, but I didn't keep it long enough for it to get terribly annoying I guess.
The BEST ab workout I've found-Pilates. I find it difficult to do regular situps and crunches because I have some trouble with my back, and I always get the form wrong trying not to hurt myself. Get a video for $10-20, and there's no equipment to buy or have to find a place to store. If you can gauge how much of a workout you get by how sore it makes your abs afterwards-Pilates has the ab lounge beat by a mile anyway.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:27 AM   #8  
it's always something

Several fitness groups have conducted studies and said the balance ball was the best thing to use, next to crunches. I bought a $100 Ab lounge, and a $10 balance ball. The Ab lounge did nothing, I never felt any effect at all. But a few minutes with the balance ball reall worked my abs.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:52 AM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Consumer reports did an interesting study on popular infomercial items and basically said save your money. They basically found out that there are very few infomercial exercise products that actually work well and all of them were more expensive than alternatives.

This is their summary for abdominal infomercial products:
"No infomercial machine was worth the money. Crunches work fine, and doing them with an exercise ball makes for a more rigorous workout."
Closed Thread