Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:27 PM   #1  
Laurelei

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default Back on Track...?

I just got back on track for my diet today for the first time in months. I forgot how good it feels to eat right and exercise. I really hope I can stay on track this time around, but I always feel failure right around the corner.
I hope I stay on track this time, but I just don't know if I will. Im feeling proud of myself for doing well today, but at the same time I feel like it won't last.

Just needed to vent. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #2  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

All I can say is that it's a VERY good idea to come here every day and read the posts, and talk with us! I don't know what I would have done without this place.

I think you can stay on track. Good luck!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:25 PM   #3  
Stronger Than Yesterday

Convince yourself that you're going to do this, no matter what!
Don't give up hope. Remind yourself how good you feel when you eat right and exercise and think positive You can do it!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/207/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back and remember to focus on today, not tomorrow.
If you do, you will feel as positive tomorrow as you do today.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:46 PM   #5  

Hi Laurelei!

Welcome back! Sometimes just focusing on being healthy and making healthy changes in our lives can inspire us to keep on. Dieting to me is making healthy changes in my everyday living. It's hard to change bad habits but when I mess up I just get up and keep trying. Good luck and remember that you have a lot of people here to support and encourage you....
Old 11-16-2006, 07:35 PM   #6  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelei View Post
I feel like it won't last.
Congrats for getting back to eating healthy and exercising! It does feel good, doesn't it? But let me break the suspense for you... as I'm sure you realize, there WILL be times when you don't make the best decisions. You just gotta move on and not let it get you down. It's so easy to think "well I've blown it now, there's no point in trying anymore"... but that is precisely the point when you need to just let it slide and keep making healthy decisions. Coming here to the forums helps!
Old 11-16-2006, 08:09 PM   #7  

So.... futuresurferchick.... How did you lose your weight?
Old 11-17-2006, 01:49 PM   #8  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbaby269 View Post
So.... futuresurferchick.... How did you lose your weight?
I went to a dietician who had a healthy weight loss program because I was desperate to lose weight but didn't believe in myself. Her sensible attitude about nutrition etc. helped me to see that I could do it and I still check in with her once in a while.

I eat mostly whole grain bread, lean meats, veggies and fruit, but I try not to be too strict about it and just eat balanced meals with regular sized portions. Basically I try to eat like a "normal" person. lol Or maybe a little healthier than the average person. I also exercise... I used to play squash with a friend but she moved away and now I am following the "couch to 5k program" on the treadmill.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #9  

That sounds like a good healthy choice to make futuresurferchick. I think I'm at a place where I find it hard to believe that the weight will really fall off. Seems like it's so hard but I'm determine to get it off of me.
Closed Thread