Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Planning for Wednesday Nov 15

I don't know yet but I wanted to get the thread started. If you're having a little read before you go to work??? Pack your lunch!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

OK ... I think I have a plan.
Psyllium and cranberry before I go walking.
My shake will be pineapple today.
I'm going to hedge on my fruits and veggies because I have to go buy some. I cleaned the crisper out yesterday ... yuck!
But I'll definitely have cottage cheese, turkey slices and a protein pancake.
Supper should be chicken, new salad and more cottage cheese.
I am enjoying having a shake at night. Today's will be blueberry.

Weights for upper body.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:20 AM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Whew...had a very late start to the day today (well, late for me, anyway ). I didn't get to sleep till quite late last night, so when my alarm went off just after 4am for me to get up to exercise, it just wasn't happening. And so, I will exercise when I get home from work (if the weather improves at all, I'll go out walking; if not, I'll do my WATP). I didn't even have time for breakfast before I left for the office since I stayed in bed till about 6:15 (we usually leave for work around 6:30...more like 6:50 today ). I usually have time to plan all my food in the morning before work, which is when I log everything into Fitday and start the Planning thread here, but not today!

So I grabbed a plastic bag and grabbed my whole loaf of bread, my jar of macadmia nut butter, a Lean Cuisine, and a few boxes of soup. Now that I'm at work, I have sat and planned my food for the day (and had my breakfast), so here's the very last-minute plan:
  • 2 slices whole-wheat, sugar-free toast w/macadamia nut butter
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • yogurt
  • MorningStar Farms "chicken" patty on a whole-wheat bun w/smear of light Miracle Whip
  • Lean Cuisine - cheese lasagna
  • 2 fish fillets w/tartar sauce (I make it myself--ff mayo and sweet relish) and 1 cup broccoli
  • fudgesicle (I keep putting this on my menu and then not really eating it, but I like to plan for it just in case )
All of that comes to less than 1300 calories (1286 per Fitday). If I need to, I can add some soup or some oatmeal at work or an apple at home after work, but I think it will be plenty for me for today. After work, I'll exercise, grab a quick shower, and then I am attending an information session for a Master's degree program at George Washington University, so I'll have a busy day!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:23 AM   #4  
Isa from Chile

S/C/G: 181/181/132

Height: 5.4

for today
B: Diet soy milk and a cup of coffee
L: A slice of turkey
S: An apple
D: Letucce ( i think is how is spelled, i don`t know is lechuga in spanish)

Hopa you all good luck today
Old 11-15-2006, 08:27 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

Oh, and yesterday's food plan got shifted a bit. Instead of the planned chicken and broccoli for dinner, I ended up working 2 hours later than usual (which in turn put me into the real rush-hour traffic, so it took about an hour to get home instead of my usual 25-30 minutes), so I stopped and grabbed Subway for us for dinner. I usually get a 12" sub on honey oat bread, but to save myself some calories, I instead got myself 2 wraps (sweet onion chicken teriyaki, no cheese). I also didn't get us cookies like I usually do, so I ended up still at only about 1630 calories for the day, which is well within my goal of 2000 or less

My protein numbers seem to be slipping a little--90g yesterday and 87g planned today. My goal is 100+ per day, so I'll have to watch that more closely. Maybe I'll look into getting some protein powder for my smoothies for those days I just can't seem to fit it all in.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Ravotrina, I don't mean to be rude or intrusive, I'm just genuinely concerned.
Your food plan for the day doesn't seem to include nearly enough calories or nutrients to sustain one's body and optimal health. If this is indeed what you are eating I think you might need talk this over with a professional who could guide you to a better eating plan. Again, please don't be insulted or hurt or angry, I just think you need to take a better look at what harm you may be doing to your body. Please, please think this over.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:19 AM   #7  
Eating for two!

ravotrina, did I read in a different thread that you have had weight loss surgery? Is this why you eat so little? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, so certainly correct me if I'm wrong
Old 11-15-2006, 09:47 AM   #8  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Breakfast - steel cut oats w/walnuts, prunes

Snack - flatbread, fat free cottage cheese

Lunch - whole wheat rotini pasta, spinach, cherry toms, garlic, feta cheese, strawberries

Snack - apple, banana

Dinner - 4oz lemon and dill salmon filet, broccoli, oven fried sweet potato fries

Water - 2 liters+

Exercise - rest day
Old 11-15-2006, 09:49 AM   #9  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

sooooo humm, what to do with today....

B- the rest of my ice tea protien juice from yesterday; instant brown sugar oatmeal with cut up frozen strawberries; and maybe a slice of weight watchers toast with some peanut buter and honey? (im hungry this am!)
S- coffee... maybe a raisin bran bar too
L- can of tuna with some mirceal whip, celery and crispbreads; oh pickles too - maybe some soup? but i will prob be pretty full without soup
S- um.... i dunno but i prob wont have one
D- no idea, have a bunch of shopping to do tonight so might eat out... but I will be good
W- 5L
E- just finished 1 hour on my e. bike
Old 11-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/188/150

Height: 5'7

I hope you girls don't mind me joining you! I used to post here about 6 months ago, but I got sick, and had to stop the weight loss thing. I'm better now, and I want to continue my weight loss journey!

I am aiming for 1400-1500 calories, and 45 minutes of excercise today.

B- Banana with 1 tbsp PB
L- Lean Cuisine Pizza, green apple
Snack- maybe popcorn, or pb and crackers
D- a huge salad with chicken breast
Snack- strawberries and low fat dip
Old 11-15-2006, 11:56 AM   #11  

Hello everyone! I feel like poo today since aunt flo is visiting. I am taking a day oof from exercising and just going to do some nice gentle yoga. I also have lunch plans today with Dad, we are going to PF Changs. Thank goodness they have a few healthy options...

B: 6 oz low carb/ low cal yogurt (80cal), 1 med apple (80cal), 10 almonds (60cal)

L: steemed vegies w. plain steemed ckicken, light sauce on side, 1/2c brown rice, hot tea (350cal)

S: sm orange (50cal), 1 piece light string cheese (80cal)

D: leftover sp. squash w. 1 triangle of laughing cow light cheese mixed in (80cal), 1 piece of plain quorn ck filet (80cal)

S: vegies, hummus, few cheese cubes, 1/2 p if w.w pita bread (200cal). I am going to a meeting tonight and there will be some healthy snacks there since I will be the one bringing most of them

Workout: Gentle yoga
Old 11-15-2006, 12:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Lower calories than usual, recovering from weekend food decadence.

B - 1/2 cup granola, low fat yogurt

S - banana

L - big salad with spinach, chicken, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, orange pepper strips, red onions, low fat dressing on side

S - tall non fat latte

S - 1/2 huge pomegranate

S - cut up veggies - grape tomatoes, baby carrots, sugar snap peas, red pepper strips

D - home made spinach/leek/chickpea/tomato soup, 2 pieces of organic, sprouted, whole grain bread
Old 11-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #13  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogachick30 View Post
I also have lunch plans today with Dad, we are going to PF Changs. Thank goodness they have a few healthy options...
mmm...I get their ginger chicken and broccoli...SO good! Luckily, I'm not a huge fan of rice and can definitely live without.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

they have a fairly low fat/low cal scallop dish that I just love! All their nutritional info is posted at their website, so I love P. F. Chang's. I'm a big fan of FULL DISCLOSURE (Cheesecake Factory, listen up!)
Old 11-15-2006, 02:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I really dislike Cheesecake Factory. You can feed 4 normal people with one of their entrees--and they aren't even that good. They'd probably be a better restaurant if they'd concentrate on one good type of food rather than trying to emulate a Waffle House.
B--yogurt, fruit and coffee
S--carrots
L--salad w/chicken, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, baby romaine
S--??
D--grilled chicken breast with leftover spelt and green beans
Closed Thread