Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 08:37 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default New Year's Eve Day Challenge

Okay chicks, 2 months til the end of 2006. Let's go out on a bang with some good weight loss.

That's 8 weeks away, I'm going to shoot for loss of 12 lbs, that's 1.5lbs a week which I should be able to accomplish. Also I am setting a goal for drinking at least 1 L of water a day and exercising for 30 minutes 3 times a week. I'm not setting any crazy goals, these are realistic and attainable, now it is just a matter of me putting forth some effort to achieve them. I thought if I set some easier goals I would do better and then build from there.

Anyone else in for this challenge? I know it will be rough because we are heading into the holiday season what with the US Thanksgiving and Christmas and those are difficult because there is candy everywhere and special treats that are only out at this time of the year. Still I'd like to get through with a loss and have a great New Year's Day resolving to continue on with good weight loss instead of a gain and feeling miserable about my weight at the beginning of a new year. For once I'd like to be able to look back at the year and list weight loss in with my accomplishments!
Old 10-31-2006, 08:52 AM   #2  
searching 4 the real me

Hi Jen... I'm with ya on this one. Here lately I haven't been too motivated so with a new challenge and a new month starting up, I am up to the challenge. I'm going to shoot for 10lbs. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week for 2hrs so I will continue doing that. My weekness lately has been the eating and not getting enough water so I will set my goal to drink 10+-8oz glasses of water each day and plan out my meals alot better. I would love to be in the 170's by the end of the year.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:51 PM   #3  

I'm in. I originally wanted to lose 8 pounds before Christmas, so I'll just up it to 9 by 2007! I'll plan out my tricks of the trade and post soon!

Great idea! Thanks for posting!
Old 10-31-2006, 07:36 PM   #4  

I'm in, I want to lose 10 pounds by 2007.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 333/220/185

Height: 5'10

Thumbs up challenge wt loss-I'm IN!!!

I really, really need this I,m just getting back in the swing of things and this will pick up my spirits! I know that 10lbs is just a drop in the bucket so to speak with so much to lose and all- but it,start and a new day !!!!
This will be one of the frist times when the new year rolls around I won,t be larger!
thanks-guys for the encouagement!
Audrey
Old 11-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #6  

How did I totally miss this thread? Did you really start it on 10/31? I am always up for a challenge...rarely finsih them though LOL. 15 pounds is my goal.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #7  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 235/223/140

Height: 5'7"

Oooh I'm up for a challenge! Let's see now...only about, what, 6 weeks to go? I'm putting myself down for 12 pounds.

I already drink my water, and then some (I'm considering moving my desk into the bathroom at work), so I'm going to put down exercising 3 times per week, as well.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:47 AM   #8  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

I'm in too. Since I'm starting late, I'll go for 5 lbs lost. I will get outside everyday and walk as far as I can. It's not far, but any little thing will help.

Now, I have to find a battery for my scale. I haven't weighed myself at home in about 3 months. I only know what I weighed at the doctor's last week.

Now, if I only had some lol
Old 12-11-2006, 02:33 PM   #9  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Bumping this one up. 3 weeks to go and I think I'm further behind than when I started this way back when. Oh well. Still I am going to weigh myself tomorrow and see where I am, I've been avoiding the scale lately, might as well face the music. I'd like to try and lose 5 lbs anyway by the end of the month. That is reasonable and I could do it if I tried.
Closed Thread