Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 07:34 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #171 Bale of Turtles Planning for Holidays

We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Old 11-13-2006, 08:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Monday all!

Well I had a great W/I on Saturday and am feeling really good about things... still having dental pain but it is getting better. I was down 3.8 at W/I on Saturday and broke into the 180's.... it has been a very long time since I have been this low.

I have to run to a meeting but will check back to get caught up.

Susan
Old 11-13-2006, 10:12 AM   #3  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,

Weigh to go Princess!!!! Your weight loss is wonderful, well deserved, and fabulous. Congratulations on not giving up when the scale wasn't showing you what you wanted. Super congratulations on reaching the 80's. You are well on your way to goal. Oh, I am so thrilled. I wish I could come over and go on a walk with you. You inspire me. Weigh to go, Susan.

I had a good weekend even though the food could have been awful. I couldn't stay on Core, but needed to use the extra points for the week since I attended two parties. The second party was at a restaurant, so I could choose a reasonable supper. So, I haven't stepped on the scale this morning, but the rest of the week has been very good and I'm hopeful for the WI on Wednesday morning. Wish me luck. I've been really busy trying to get ahead for the holidays. I think this will work. Having married children and their children means I need to re=think the way I have done things. I think I've got a handle on it.
Take care, do well.
Hey Mousie, come back. I miss you and your input. Sending : to all our Turtles near and far.
Judy
Itryharder
234.6/?/thinner into onederland
Old 11-13-2006, 02:40 PM   #4  

I'm back! Hello, Ladies. I survived my first business trip, and I am back on 3FC.

Well, the report on the week -- I am embarassed, but I will be honest -- I didn't count points -- it's so hard to count them when you can't prepare your own meals for lunch and dinner. I did, however, stop at a grocery store in Colorado and get fresh fruit and instant reduced-sugar oatmeal (4 points for 2 packets), and I had oatmeal and fruit for breakfast each day, sometimes with one egg from their continental breakfast for protein. The free continental breakfast was full of temptations, bagels, pastry, etc., etc. But since I had my oatmeal, I only ate the eggs, the fat free milk and the fresh fruit from the continental breakfast. Lunch was not as good, although I tried -- it went better than it could have, but not as well as I had hoped. I did, however, make it to the gym all four nights I was there, a major triumph IMHO. I took a new class, PowerFlex (weight lifting) 2x, and did my usual 1 hour on the elliptical 2x. I am darn proud of that fact. I also didn't buy junk food while I was out and about in town, I waited for meals to eat, and I carried fruit with me for the in-between munchies. So, overall, I think it was a triumph; I may not lose weight this week, but considering that I was out of town and had to eat out 2x each day, I think maintenance is darn good.

Oh, and the business part of it went well too.

This weekend, I went behind the scenes at a zoo, that was cool. Did you ladies have a good weekend?

Princess: congrats, congrats, congrats on your weight loss! Hope you feel all of the way better soon!

Judy: I don't undertstand -- the food could have been awful? Good luck, good luck, good luck on WI. Re Holiday Planning: I'm sure it will work, it just may mean additional strategizing.

Well, ladies, back to work -- I'm doing my bit to post a few minutes M-F, and I made it -- I look forward to hearing from everybody!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #5  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Ariana, what a successful time away you had! Fabulous. I am so inspired by how you took control of the situation, especially since you had to eat out at least 2X a day. And the pursuing of exercise away from home was phenonemol! Weigh to go! You are my hero.

Hey, I'll try to explain myself. In the last thread I explained that I had two parties to go to this past weekend. In the past, I might have said it was too difficult to eat carefully and eaten more than I should. This time "although the food values, calories, and point counts could have been awful", I was careful, ate as well as I could and only had bites of higher caloried foods. I was trying to say that I was proud of myself, but when I re-read my post I realized it didn't make a lot of sense. Sorry. Also, thanks for saying you'll post daily during the week. That's a big help!

Tonight I have something to brag about. Had a very busy day, ate well although sparsely and found myself on the hunt tonight. After having some walnuts(not bad, but not on Core) and wanting to go back and have some more, I shook myself up and am making a cup of tea with Splenda instead. I find at night if I put a splash of skim milk and Splenda in my tea, it quells my appetite. So, how about that? I'm so proud.

Gotta run and take care of things, but wanted to congratulate Ariana on her great success.
Judy
234.6/?/thinner into onederland
Old 11-14-2006, 08:31 AM   #6  

Default Morning all!

Ariana: Congrats! I know that traveling can be really hard and it is even harder when you don't have other WW around to help find the better resturants and such that have the healthier things on the menus... you did awesome!

Judy: You rock! Great job and what an inspiration you are! I do the tea idea also... I have it during the day at work when I am feeling hungry and also on the weekends while I am preparing the "Football Foods" on Sundays.... it is hard to keep my fingures off of some of the no no's that I have on the snack trays but with the tea to sip on I don't really bother with them.

Chris: How are you doing? How are things going up your way? Have you had snow yet? I would just love to visit Montana some day... it is high on my list of places in this country I would love to go to.

All: have a very happy day and Judy I will try and post every day also... I know it makes a huge difference when you log on and get to read other peoples posts... at least it does for me... I don't feel so alone in this journey since my husband kind of jumped off of the wagon a while back... Although he went to weigh in last Saturday and re-joined... he had gained back almost all of the weight that he lost... I felt bad for him but as we all know there is little that you can do for that except be as supportive as you can and keep going.

Susan
Old 11-14-2006, 08:32 AM   #7  

Default Morning all!

Ariana: Congrats! I know that traveling can be really hard and it is even harder when you don't have other WW around to help find the better resturants and such that have the healthier things on the menus... you did awesome!

Judy: You rock! Great job and what an inspiration you are! I do the tea idea also... I have it during the day at work when I am feeling hungry and also on the weekends while I am preparing the "Football Foods" on Sundays.... it is hard to keep my fingures off of some of the no no's that I have on the snack trays but with the tea to sip on I don't really bother with them.

Chris: How are you doing? How are things going up your way? Have you had snow yet? I would just love to visit Montana some day... it is high on my list of places in this country I would love to go to.

All: have a very happy day and Judy I will try and post every day also... I know it makes a huge difference when you log on and get to read other peoples posts... at least it does for me... I don't feel so alone in this journey since my husband kind of jumped off of the wagon a while back... Although he went to weigh in last Saturday and re-joined... he had gained back almost all of the weight that he lost... I felt bad for him but as we all know there is little that you can do for that except be as supportive as you can and keep going.

Susan
Old 11-14-2006, 10:05 AM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Today I am heading over to help out with dear grandbaby. I don't expect to be there long, and I am bringing food with me. Having oatmeal before I go and am taking two pieces of pork loin (Core) for lunch along with some unsweetened applesauce. I am eating a hefty lunch so I won't be tempted by some of the foods my dd keeps in the house.
Good luck to us all and I love that we'll try to post daily.
Judy
Old 11-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good morning, Turtles:

Princess - I am soooooo proud of you, what fabulous results. Really, gives the rest of us something to work towards. GREAT!!

Ariana - you made such good choices & to get in that much exercise while away is awesome.

You ladies are great.

As for up here. We lost the election so that was very disappointing, especially since voter turnout was only 25% - so I guess that means the other 75% will just complain. Anyway, we worked hard to try & get some changes but to no avail. I am glad it is over.

Looking foward to my Vegas trip this Sat & relaxing with friends.

Have a good "turtle day"

Bye for now.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:13 AM   #10  

Bandit: I am so sorry that the election did not go the way you had hoped it would... Have a wonderful, fun and relaxing time in Vegas... I have never been there but they say it is a blast!

Susan
Old 11-14-2006, 02:47 PM   #11  
Chick

Bandit,
sorry about the election. That has to be disappointing. It's weird when people don't get up and vote and then have the nerve to complain.

Well, shake it off, have a great time in Vegas and enjoy yourself. I've never been there either. Where will you stay? So many of the places look exotic and/or glamorous. What fun! I made reservations for a night in December for my dh and me to go to the Tropicana in Atlantic City. It's not a long drive for us and I think the slots (penny) are soooo much fun.

Everyone, take care, be well and happy on keep on drinking your water!
Judy
Old 11-14-2006, 03:02 PM   #12  

All: Thank you for the congrats! That's good to hear, and the timing couldn't be better -- the altitude change really affected me aversely -- I tried to be chipper yesterday, but I've just run out of energy today. I feel short of breath, lethargic and sad -- working out doesn't help, which is really odd -- I usually feel less sad after working out -- I couldn't even finish my workout last night. I'm hoping it will go away soon. So anyway, your kind words are well timed, nice to hear since I'm feeling so punky.

Well, last night's attempt to workout went so badly (I couldn't finish, I am feeling so lethargic and short of breath), I'm not going to bother today (I feel the same way), and I'm going to home and cook, and then try to get to bed early and hope that rest helps. Have a good day ladies...
Judy: That makes a lot more sense. Congratulations on your willpower.

Princess: I agree, it helps for us all to try and post, to know that there are others with us. It is very hard when those around us are not eating healthy too, my mother fights that battle regularly. But we have to lose weight because we are dedicated to it, because we want to do it, and because we want to do it for ourselves -- I really thinking that nagging and cajoling could only lead to temporary losses. That is my opinion, but I have heard others say the same.

Bandit -- sorry about the elections, but enjoy Vegas!
Old 11-14-2006, 06:46 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just had to stop and say hi really quick. I'm on my way out the door to take my daughter to dance. I'll check back later....

HEY ARIANA!!! WAY TO GO GIRL!

christina
Old 11-15-2006, 01:41 PM   #14  
Chick

Chris, glad you're chiming it. You go girl, too!

Hey, I've got upbeat news. I went to my WI this morning and was down 1.4#. I think that's fantastic since I had two parties this past weekend and I've been so busy. : Yay. This confirms that it's really important for us to never give up. Keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/216/thinner into onederland
Old 11-15-2006, 02:27 PM   #15  

Great job Judy! I am so happy for you!

Rainy and gloomy here today... not much is new, just gearing up for my youngest son's 18th birthday... it is on Friday but the family is celebrating on Thursday since he has plans with his girlfriend and friends Friday night. DH, DS and I all chipped in and bought him a second hand car for his birthday, he does not know anything about it so he will be very surprised tomorrow... we are all very excited!

Hope all is well.
Susan
Closed Thread