Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 07:07 AM   #1  

Default Week of November13

Hello all and happy Monday!

Just a quick check in. Have a great week!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #2  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 235/223/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello! Well, it's definitely Monday. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get to work today, so I have to eat at my desk today and tomorrow to make up the time <grumble>... but I'm off to a good start on program! I definitely need to bump up my water today, though, because it is past 12:30 and I haven't even finished my first 32 oz. <stopping to suck down water> okay... finished my first cup.

I hope all of you are having a fabulous Monday!
Old 11-13-2006, 02:13 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon everybody. So I am off work now for a week and that was what was keeping me going during this past weekend. Friday and Saturday were brutal but last night was good. I've decided just to forget about work this week and try and focus on some other stuff. I have a lot of school work to get done this week and I've a bunch of bulbs that haven't managed to plant themselves. I'm really looking forward to this week off!!!

My weight is back up from when I was sick last week, no big surprise but it didn't go back all the way so I've lost a bit which is good. I need to get back to the plan I was having before all this work stuff derailed my focus. I'm going to go out for a walk in a little bit, that'll be a good start.

Take care all and hope you have a great day!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #4  
Just getting started

oh, Jen! i am so jealous! sigh... to be off of work for a whole week... i'm green!

I'll be off for a couple of days in December. My last day in our Charlotte office is December 20. Then I will start at our Raleigh office on the 27th... so I'll have a few days off, but we're talking major household move on December 23rd! YIKES! It helps that my sons will be home (one is in college and the other in the Marines), but what was I thinking moving the day or so before Christmas? LOL
Old 11-14-2006, 11:43 AM   #5  

Hi all..crazy stressful day here today.

Aileen you are brave! But it's great you'll have family to help. My sister lives near Raleigh...Wake Forest area.

Jen-enjoy your time off!!!! I need a day off! I know I had two last week, but the kids were sick and they didn't feel like days off.

I am trying really hard...walking alot, eating well. But not tracking to know my exact intake. But I am prestty much sticking to fruits, veggies, lean protein, limited sugar startch ect. But my weight just is not budging. I think I need to track. I don't think I can do it without knowing the exact number of where I am you know?

Maybe it's my smoothies in the morning, oj, banana, frozen strawberries. That is probably like 8 points given I had like 3 cups of oj LOL.

I don't know.

Well have a great day everyone!!! Where is Steph?
Old 11-14-2006, 01:40 PM   #6  

I raided the kids halloween candy this afternoon. Ok I feel better now that I have confessed and I will stop doing it It's been a hectic day and I broke down.

But in happier news my son...get this...ate BROCCOLI!! First time for everything! He ate green beans at my mom's Sunday. I swear he hasn't eaten a vegetable in a year even though I always offer them on his plate. He was a good veggie eater as a baby, but once he started self feeding he kind of stopped. So this has me very excited.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:15 AM   #7  
Just getting started

Default morning....

'morning.

that's about all i have to say so far... can i go back to bed now? oh. yeah. time to go to work.

ugh.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:53 AM   #8  

Good Morning!!

It's going to be a looooong day. DH left for Pittsburgh last night. Therefore I had both kids in bed with me. There I am laying with my arms out and a kid holding each one down until they were numb and aching. Finally they both fell asleep and I was able to get them into thier own beds. But I didn't sleep well, and at 1 am DH called to say he was at the hotel, so pretty much I didn't sleep at all after that. DS kept talking in his sleep, sometimes he expected answers, liek when he asked where daddy was. He does this alot and we mumble we're right here, only last night daddy wasn't answering so he kept repeating himself. After me saying Mommy is here 5 times he'd go back to sleep for a bit.

So now I am tired and grumpy. Plus the lady I babysit for on Tuesdays and Thursdays was sick all last week and is now not sure she can get time off today so I can take DD to dance class. That makes me a little annoyed. I know she was really sick and I understand her position that she can't ask for time when she just had 6 days off, but I have one too. Yes I had time off last week too, but that is not time I chose at my convience nor is it time that I will be paid for unlike this lady who has full paid sick time racked up. I haven't had a sick day where I was kid free in 3 years. Her mom had her kids. She did give me one day off when I was really sick and took DD to her house and watched her for me, and I greatly appreciate that, but I still had DS who wasn't even two at the time, it's not like I got to lay in bed and rest.

DH often takes DD to dance class b/c I can't get off. But that is not an option today. So in all likelyhood she will be missing a class that I have to pay for either way. I CAN NOT WAIT until these guys move!! I will miss my friend as it was great having someone to talk to when our babies were small. We walked alot and talked on the phone when it was getting stressful, but she has sooo much going all of which is stressful in and of itself but she has several things piled up at once and now that I work for her the relationship has shifted. I mean she calls me on Sundays to watch her kids...I know so they can move and I understand that...but I would NEVER do that. Maybe I should learn to be more like that and I wouldn't be so stressed, maybe I need to learn to ask for help?

I totally blew my plan last night. I need to find a solution for the stress and hunger that we all have when we walk in the door at 6 pm. I need some kind of healthy prepared snack that we can all enjoy until dinner is ready. My kids are in this phase where they want to snack instead of eat a meal. I am all for them eating as thier bodies ask for it and often letting them pick what they eat b/c they are programmed to eat what they need when they need it and I don't want to take that from them. But it's hard b/c I cook a meal and they've snacked, be it on yogurt, fruit and whole grain toast most of the time, but then they are not hungry. But recently the snacks have been junk. I need to get the junk out of my house. I need something ready to go when we get home like fruit or veggies all precut. Maybe popcorn?

But I walk in the door the are screaminga nd tired and hungry, and so am I. I was about in tears when I finally got them in the house last night. I didn't get a snack in the afternoon so I was hungry to the point of feeling sick.

So this is something I have to work on.

Crap it's almost 7...I have an half hour to clena my whoel house! Well have a great day!!
~misty
Closed Thread