Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-10-2006, 05:32 PM   #1  
Shannon

S/C/G: 228/178/135

Height: 5'3"

Question Help? Does this sound all right?

I've been noticing that I'm not as hungry as I used to be. Does this sound like an all right day to you (this isn't necessarily what I ate today, or any given day, at that):

Breakfast: 1 cup real oatmeal
Lunch: Boca Burger OR veggie 'chicken' patty on whole wheat roll
Snack: Yoplait Whips yogurt
Dinner: Chicken OR fish w/ veggie

That doesn't seem like a lot of food to me but, since losing weight, I'm not all that hungry anymore. I don't really track my food anymore (didn't really 'do' anything for me), and I'm still losing on average 1 lb a week.

Oh, and sometimes, if I have time, I add a scrambled egg and share a piece of toast with fat free 'butter' with my 2 year old. Between cleaning, taking care of/entertaining my two kids, keeping the house livable ( there isn't much more time for anything else.
mtp_and_hmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I doesn't sound like much to me calorie wise, if you aren't "that hungry anymore" maybe you can add something high calorie but good, Like peanut butter or nuts, or add some more fruits.

Or add a snack after dinner.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #3  

Well, my personal healthy hobby horse is veggies, veggies, veggies. Maybe a salad or some veg soup w/lunch. Fruit in your oatmeal?
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtp_and_hmp View Post
I've been noticing that I'm not as hungry as I used to be. Does this sound like an all right day to you (this isn't necessarily what I ate today, or any given day, at that):

That doesn't seem like a lot of food to me but, since losing weight, I'm not all that hungry anymore. I don't really track my food anymore (didn't really 'do' anything for me), and I'm still losing on average 1 lb a week.

Oh, and sometimes, if I have time, I add a scrambled egg and share a piece of toast with fat free 'butter' with my 2 year old. Between cleaning, taking care of/entertaining my two kids, keeping the house livable ( there isn't much more time for anything else.
Depending on how much chicken or fish (and what kind) and how it's cooked and whether you use any dressing on the sandwich or marg. on the oatmeal, it looks like you might have about 1000 calories there. Add a cup of skim milk and an apple with lunch and you'll be fine.
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:19 AM   #5  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

You don't seem to be having ANY fruit. You really should add a couple of pieces. You would also benefit from having some extra vegetables, probably at lunch. I'm not sure how you are going protein-wise, but it definitely looks as though you aren't getting enough fruit and veg.

You may be losing weight, but you aren't really eating a 'healthy' diet. You don't want to be 'skinny' and unhealthy. You may want to look more into nutrition, rather than simply calories.

That is just my 2c worth.

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

It is really hard to say whether or not you are consuming enough calories-no one here can REALLY estimate unless we know exact brands, and serving sizes. You could be eating 2 or 10 oz. of chicken at dinner, or 1/2 cup or 3 cups of veggies for all I know-you know what I mean?

So-you could be eating 800 a day, or 2000. Without knowing what kind of roll the sandwich is on, or serving sizes-I can't say whether you are eating enough food, or too much. I would say though, that if you actually count calories and find that they are too low-that you should add in 1-2 fruit servings, and a skim dairy if at all possible.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #7  
mostly harmless

"Real" oatmeal really sticks to your ribs, as they say. That could be keeping you from being hungry most of the day. Good stuff, oatmeal!
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:49 PM   #8  

Not a very balanced menu - needs good oils, fruits, veggies and dairy.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 130/103/107

Height: 5'3"

eh, I eat less than that so I can't comment. I was going to say it sounds great but reading the replies, I would of been wrong.
LittlePaperStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:13 PM   #10  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePaperStars View Post
eh, I eat less than that so I can't comment. I was going to say it sounds great but reading the replies, I would of been wrong.
Sounds fine to me. Her menu, I mean.

Don't feel bad, I don't eat much anymore either. And I don't stress about it. I get enough.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:10 AM   #11  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:

if it works for you thats great.. me personally.. I have to have snacks all day long.. i eat like a bird a little but alot , i cant eat much in one sitting.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:22 AM   #12  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Really, judge it by what works FOR YOU. Okay, so you could probably stand to have a bit more produce in your diet, but if you seem to be functioning well with this as your average, go for it! Not all of us can have perfect diets.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200

Height: 5'4"

Talking Felt the same way

I when I lost my weight I ate less too. I did weight watchers 3 years ago and when I was down to 150 (I did the food journal thing) I looked back and noticed that I was eating less and less.

I also noticed that I would get cold more often. I'm not sure if that's because I lost all the weight or not.
Amy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:12 AM   #14  
the blond one

S/C/G: 198/126.4/121

Height: 5' 1.5"

I'll go through periods where I have to remind myself to eat 1200 calories and then I'll go through periods where I have to remind myself not to eat over 1500 calories. Some weeks are hungry weeks and some are not at all-bodies are weird
start8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:21 AM   #15  
mostly harmless

Yesterday when I thought I was done eating for the day, I logged all my food and found I was only at 1040 calories, and low on saturated fats.

So, I had a big bowl of peaches with ice cream with whipped cream on top. And still stayed under budget for the day.

And I was 1.75 lbs lighter this morning than yesterday morning. How very strange!
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote