Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 10:14 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at Home Mom's #26

Stay At Home Mom's #26
Welcome all newcomers and friends! This is a thread full of laughter, friendship and encouragement, as we share our lives and the ups & downs of raising a family. Feel free to join us. We look forward to getting to know each other better.
Be sure to go back to SAHM's #25 to catch up with the latest on what has been going on in everyone's lives during the past week or so.
Ginny
Old 01-08-2002, 10:17 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Default Just me the blabberpuss again!

Hi!
I just left a long post on thread # 25 and so did Misti and Spryng,so be sure to go back and read their posts!!!!
Sorry, I dislike long threads that go over a page. (I must be neurotic- no comment there Jackie!!!!! ).
Hope everyone checks in tomorrow! Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 01-09-2002, 09:17 AM   #3  

Thumbs down

Good morning, everyone,

Its another quiet day here in Indiana, the sun is out, and the birds are raiding the feeder.....what more could you ask for?
I managed a couple of things yesterday that are totally out of character for me. I took Jackie's advice and started chugging the water. My usual choice of drink is milk, but that may be part of my weight problem, so water it is for the time being. I'll save the milk for breakfast.
I also did some light jogging on a mini tramp, and lasted about 10 minutes. Its not much, but considering I usually don't do anything athletic, its practically a miracle I lasted that long. (oh, and I found a good reason to break out the old exercise bra. lol) I picked out a few motivational tunes, mostly Bon Jovi or other classic rock songs, and that helped energize me. I also watched 10 minutes of an exercise tape. But I don't think you can burn calories from just watching. darn.
Oh, before I forget, spryng, i came from a town east of okc called midwest city. My hubby transfered here a while back so he could stay on a day shift, instead of the permanent nights he would have had to do there.
I would also like to add that I sincerely wish you ladies had the mother in law I have. She only offered advice when it was asked for, stayed home unless invited over, or at least let me know in advance she was coming, never had a negative thing to say about my child rearing skills, even though I was only 18 when I had my first daughter. She's very supportive and caring in everything she does. Now my father in law is a totally different story......but thats for another time.
We also have a child that has always been underweight, since she was about 18 months old. She's now a healthy, happy 16 yr old. Our method of dealing with her was to make small meals more often, and when we had a larger meal, cooking about 4-5 different things so she would have something to pick from. I usually included a meat dish, usually as plain as possible so the spices didn't turn her off, a fruit dish she liked, a veggie dish, and some dinner rolls or something. Eventually, her appetite and menu choices improved. It wasn't always easy, though, cause her younger sister is more like me, with an overweight problem.
Gee, meals are sure fun around here.
Ec mom, and everyone else here, thanks for the inspiration. Now I feel that I have a good starting point, and am more motivated than ever. And the great thing is that my hubby and kids are soooo helpful, and are willing to help in any way they can. Makes a person feel good.
I can't help but feel I'm forgetting something....oh well, maybe it will come to me later. But now its time to get off my backside and do something around the house. I think its called housework, but its been so long since I've done it, I'm not really sure....
Everyone, have a wonderful day, and God bless!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 11:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Well I'm posting now because I don't think I will have to later. So here I am. I did ok on the diet yesterday. I ended the day at about 1200. I know that's more for me than usual but I made some black eye peas with bacon and jalepenos and a pan of corn bread for my DH but as it was cooking I couldn't help it. I wanted some so badly!!! I'm about to have TOM so that makes me hungary more often. So I had a small bowl of the peas and then a small cut of bread with it. So it put me around 1200 for the day. Not to bad though. I don't feel bad about it. In fact it was darn good!!!
Well today is the BIG day. another visit from my mil. I'm glad so many of you can relate to me. I don't feel so alone. It's weird for me to not really like her because my parents both adored their in laws. Everyone got along great growing up. But the sad truth is my mom and dad hate, hate, hate, my DH parents. We try to keep them far away from one another when they visit. But here's some more bad news that makes me want to jump into my fridge and eat everything not tied down. We own about 1 1/4 acres so their is about 6 acres not owned around us. Well guess what? They have informed us they are looking into buying the lot right next to us!!!! They are considering moving back down here (they live in kansas right now, four hours away) but not just back down here but into our back yard practically!!!!!!! I'm hoping they don't go through with the idea. I really couldn't handle it. I know you girls with mil like mine can relate. How would you like it if they bought a house right next door?!?! Not the best of ideas.
Well anyway, such is life right?
Holymoly you sound like you have the best mil. You tell her so the next time you see her. She is to be cherished because those types of MIL are a dying breed. Going extinct.
I guess I better get back to house cleaning. Hope everyone has a better day than I will have!!
Old 01-09-2002, 02:19 PM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

Unhappy

Good afternoon everyone! My weigh in today was bad,133. I was alittle suprised. But I guess this means I need to work harder. It has discouraged me alot! I'm off to do some shopping and try to get my mind off it. Why does it seem these last pounds are so difficult to get off? I believe I'll post again later...hope you all are ready for alot of venting I'm afraid I may need to do so!
Old 01-09-2002, 04:01 PM   #6  

What are your stats misti? Your height and all that? What weight did you start at? We are very close in weight. I'm 137 right now. 5'4". Of course my stats are in my signature. When you say 133 did that mean you gained or are you at a stall? I'm not weighing in for several days. With my period and all getting close I tend to retain water and the scale won't be accurate. But vent all you like tonight. That's what this group if for!! We are here for you all the way!
Old 01-09-2002, 05:02 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
A short post for me. Aughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to vent! Dd (who else, the 15 year old!!) called to inform me that she is going over to her friends house after school (she called after the bus had already left, you know the one that would have brought her home, HOW convenient!!!). Problem is that Ds has a baskeball game- on the other 45 minutes from our house on the other side of the county- and this family where Dd is, yup you guessed it- 25 minutes in the other direction!!!!!!!
Dh has had an awful day at work (FDA inspection at the place of work- Major stress) and he planned on staying home. As a matter of fact, I will not even see him- we have to leave for Ds's game before he gets home. Dd will when she finds out the mess she has caused, volunteer to have her friend drive her home. Oh, did I forget to tell you that :
A. we still have snow-black ice on the roads
B. the way to friends house is non illuminated, windy country roads thur rural areas.
c. this friend has had her liscence for less than 6 weeks!!!!!!!
(is the sarcasm jumping out thru the screen at you!?? )
I must be going nuts.
Sorry, but I had to vent........before I ate the kitchen out.......and I just went to Walmart so there is plenty of junk to pig out on.
Anyway, forgive me for sounding like such a crank.
I will get back on later and respond to posts and be in a better mood, I hope!!!!!!
Those of you with preschoolers- love those sweeties to death!!!!!
Cherish the whiney, teary eyed faces...... because one day they too will be 15! (Lord, give me grace).
See ya later!!!!!!!!
Ginny

Weigh in was this am - 159# (I gained one pound from New Years). eating has been good today and I did get a walk in.
Sorry this is so terse.
Old 01-09-2002, 05:15 PM   #8  

I feel for you ginny!! My sister is 15 and gave my mom heck a few months ago. Brought a boy into their home while she was suppose to be baysitting our little 2 year old brother and slept with him! Then after she was caught she ran away almost every night for a few weeks!! It was really rough their. They took her out of school and put her into homeschooling. She is much better now. But to keep her from running away they had to take all of her clothes from her room and hide them. She only got one outfit to wear during the day and then at 7:00 pm every night she got a night gown to sleep in. It kept her home. Just recently has she recieved all of her clothes back. She had to earn that trust again. So I guess what I am saying is this, it could always get worse!! remember when you were 15?? I remember when I was. I ran away too. It was a tough age. But the good news is....it's temporary. She has to grow up someday. But my heart really goes out to you. teenagers can tear your heart out and stomp on it without even realizing what they have done. But we are here for you!!
Old 01-09-2002, 10:00 PM   #9  

Angry Can I join you?

I HAD to come on here today and finally post on a board. I'm the proud mom of Christopher 5 1/2 and Justin 2 1/2. Between an anniversary trip to Maui and the holidays I gained back 9 pounds last month. I've been eating constantly since my husband left lastnight on a six month military deployment. So, it a nutshell, I need support from other Moms. I'm going to popping on here to read and ask for support on my WW journey. Have a great evening everyone!
Old 01-09-2002, 11:46 PM   #10  

Default welcome CnJsmom!

Hi everyone!
Welcome CnJsmom, boy that must be hard to see your hubby leave for that long! Mine works 3rd shift and I have to admit sometimes the best part of my day is when the kids go to bed and he leaves for work the house gets so peaceful!! But I love it when he gets home in the AM. I dont know what I would do for 6 months!! Hope we can be of some support and company for you.
I have two little girls and when I hear these storys of teenage girls it makes me weak! I really gave my parents a hard time when I was in High School, and now that I gave these little girls of mine it really scares me what I may have ahead of me. Wish I knew how I could avoid it but the teen years are really hard. I am so glad to have them behind me, would'nt wanna go back.
Well my eating was ok today - I agree about the water drinking I have got to get into a system of getting that water down - almost like medicine! (not my drink of choice)
My hubby is a milk man for a local dairy and I also have a weekness to drink milk. The milk from his work is so thick and tastes really good - but I feel like I am drinking straight fat!! I have tried to allow myself a glass with breakfast, it maybe ful of fat but the body still needs the calcium. I have a new stress in my life, we have had our house for sale since Sept.and we finally got an offer in on it sooooooooo I will be moving the end of the month. Ugh!! dont know where to start to get everything packed and organized. For somepeople the busyness would help keep food away, but not for me stress make me wanna eat!! Well tomorrow back to the Y! I really enjoy it - missed not going today. Have a good evening
Old 01-09-2002, 11:56 PM   #11  

Angry Hope you are comfy!

First, welcome CNJsMom! this thread isn't usually so well should I say ventfull? Today has been a rough day for a few or us. We are usually full of cheer and all so please don't be discouraged by todays post, especially mine, ha ha he he ho ho! So..... I went to the grocery store tonight well superwalmart. I'm standing in line, a very long line so I begin looking over all the newest Glam. mag's. It makes me sooo sick all the half naked to thin to even begin to speak of women on the covers. So I start thinking, do real women really look like this? Do I know anyone who is even close to looking like they do? Then I start looking around me there are no, not one women in the entire place that even comes close to looking like these "covergirls". What really makes me mad and I know it has been said a million times is this is what our young girls are looking at and wanting to be like. I am raising 2 Dd's. I must say it hurt my feelings. I pray they won't strive to be a "covergirl" and just be happy. I guess I vented enough there. I am 5'3" and 133. My postbirth weight was 165 pounds that was 10 months ago an my usual weight averages between 115 and 120 pounds. We are very close Spryng. You know the first 30 pounds fell off and this last 18 is just sticking around. Fitday says my healthy weight is around 120 but I'm comfortable at 115. I'm taking the challenge by the way starting tomorrow. I bought a box tonight. My motivation is fading away so I thought I needed to try something different. Anyhow I blew my diet all to pieces tonight. Did anyone see that coming? We went out to eat after shopping tonight and I had the whole big thing! Steak, chocolate cake, loaded potato, ice cream and a salad with real dressing. My happy hubby said " your not binging are you sweetness?" I wasn't. But I really needed to enjoy it, ya know? It will be along long time before that many cals and fat pass through these lips at one sitting again. So girls there it is, I didn't gripe to awful bad. Oh geeze! I almost forgot since we are talking about 15 teen year olds. First off I was an angel, ha ha! Naw I was a good girl. I had no interest in boys and stayed busy with studys and FHA and 4H. But I come from a large family, 5 sisters and 1 brother. My youngest sister is 15 now. My step monster oops! step mother has let her go. She is in so much trouble. Bad trouble, skipping school, having many many boyfriends, getting into fights, shoplifting is her newest crime. So hang in there Hon, it could be much worse. Oh let me add our father died last year he was our glue. Know what I mean? He kept everyone straight. Since he died and the 15 year old is the last one at home it's all fell apart. Well I gotta get to bed thanks for listening. Nighty Nite!
Old 01-10-2002, 01:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Exclamation

WOW!, this thread is really hoppin'!

I had insomnia, so I thought that I'd check my e-mail & our thread. I had 39 e-mails & then was surprised to see so many posts here, not complaining though! The only problem I have now is: I don't have insomnia anymore & want to go to bed. I will post a little bit now, while everything is still fresh in my mind. Did anyone watch "E" on cable tonight? I'm not sure if the same program airs on the same day & time as ours does, but there was a good one tonight! I'm not sure if you all know who Carney Wilson is. Her Dad is one of the Beech Boys. Well, Carney just recently lost over l50# & she deserves one heck of an applause. This was such a great interview on her & I wish now that I would have taped it. After watching the interview, I believe I am ready to lose this weight once & for all! (I sure hope so!)
She brought up so many issues that I have faced in my life when it comes to weight problems. She even mentioned on how a person treats you differently from being thin/vs/fat. They showed her in different stages of her life, as a little girl, teenager & different years of her adult life, some being thin & others being fat. Some of the videos of her were so extreme that you might have a hard time believing that she was the same person. Well, to sum things up: A little more than a year ago she had stomache surgery & does not regret having it done! After watching this, I decided that I can't let myself go any longer! I'm not heavy enough to have my stomache stapled/reduced, but it sure woke me up on what I need to do now before its too late. It's kind of funny: In my mind I feel a lot smaller than what I am. When I try on clothes or look @ pictures, I have a hard time believing that I'm really that big! So......what it comes down to is, I'm still the same person inside as always & this is what Carney Wilson said in the interview too! I might be the same person inside, but I'm a little bit more disgusted than when I was thinner. I'm sorry I've babbled on so long....but, Carney's interview really hit base with me! I AM READY!! I think that I'll join the "Y" again, right after I drop DD off @ school. Well, I'm really tired, so I'm going to close for now. Oh!, one more thing: Welcome, CNJsMom! I'll give you a more Grand Welcome when I'm more awake. See yah all later! **Jackie**
Old 01-11-2002, 11:33 AM   #13  

Hi everyone and good morning!! I'm glad this is working again. It was down almost the whole day yesterday. But here we are again!!
I must start with saying how proud of myself I am. Why? because my husband brought home burger king last night with an order for me and I turned it down!! Whopper, onion rings (and fries) and a large diet coke. That's the first time I've done that!! I didn't even drink the diet coke. (I didn't need the caffeine) So yesterday was a good day for me. I ended the day at 820 calories and that included a left over bean burrito from taco bell. So I was happy with it. No more eating over 1000 cals until after this wedding!! I think I may get to 135 before it get shere in 8 days. Boy do I hope so!!
How is everyone else doing today? great I hope.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I even worked out for 10 minutes last night. It was actually fun. I did some jumping jacks to get my heart rate up and then some jogging in place. My body felt tired but good afterward. Plus I drank 10 glasses of water. So yesterday was great day for me and my diet!! I'm going to try and get some type of exercise in today too. Maybe I'll try a dance video. We'll see.
Talk to you guys later!
Old 01-11-2002, 04:17 PM   #14  

Glad we are back on! Hope you all are doing good! Great job there Spryng! You'll see 135 in no time. I'm doing ok on the diet here. It could be better though. I'm not getting enough water and I pulled a muscle doing yoga yesterday. I'll be lined out after the weekend though. I neeed to take it easy I guess. Usually when something like this happens it's Gods little way of sayin slow down. So I will then. Well gotta go help happy hubby he's gettin' aggravated, puttin in propane.
Old 01-11-2002, 05:19 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!
Glad to see that others had a problem with this site too! I could not get on this morning, and went thru withdrawl. Worse yet, it has lost some posts- I left one earlier and it is lost in cyberland. That's the breaks!
Spryng- what a good girl you are!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine turning down a diet coke- (the rest of the meal no problem, but I will always go for a diet soda) and you did! I am glad to hear that you are going for more normal eating now. Are you going in for a final weigh in before the wedding????? If not and you do not have a chance to post, I am sure that you will look your best- you surely have worked hard at this!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the day.

Misti- good for you too!! Nice to hear that you are also doing well watching your food. Sorry about the muscle pull, I feel the same way that if something like that crops up, God is telling me to slow down a bit. Hope that you are feeling fine soon.

Well, I went to bed last nite at 7:30 and slept thru till 5:30!!!! This cold is whipping me. It is not a bad cold- symptoms are not so bad (unlike the one I had last year, when the coughing was so bad I was asking Jackie to give me a calorie burn for coughing! ) But this really drains me. I am inhaling coffee just to make it thru a day. My eating yesterday was ok- today I got off to a poor start, but my salad awaits me for dinner. Long term I think today will be fine. I walked both days too.
Good news!!!!! (this is gonna sound screwy too). Dd broke up with her Bf. Actually, I do not know who broke up with who- but she is depressed, stopped wearing the necklace he gave her and put his picture away, you know all the obvious signs. No I am not some sort of horrible mother......... just that this was probably not the nicest kid in the world.....not the best influence. I am praying that her next bf will be a bit nicer (this one had a sour attitude).
Well, I am going to sign off for now- not knowing if this post will go thru. (It appears as though some of the posts from earlier are gone).
Maybe I will get back on later.
Have a great nite~!
Ginny
Closed Thread