South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 07:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday On the Beach!

Actually, it's very soggy and gloomy out, but maybe a little wishful thinking will bring the sun back.

Today is going to be a busy day of chauffering the girls around and running errands. At least while they're at ballet, I have an hour to myself where I usually grab a cup of coffee and browse through a magazine.
Supper tonight is going to be Chicken Cordon Blue, SB approved, of course!

So what's happening in your world today?
Old 11-14-2006, 07:07 AM   #2  

Morning all. Tired this morning, so I'm going to have to go tank up on some coffee. Having a chili birthday lunch for someone at work today, so I'll have to stay away from the crackers.

Will try to check in later. Everyone have a good day!
Old 11-14-2006, 07:20 AM   #3  

Cackledoodle Dooooooooo!!!! The sun's Up! and it's gonna be a beautiful day here! "

Cottage: A good mag with a cuppa cawfee is a great way to wind down.. I spent yesterday at AC Moore picking up more crafty things for Xmas..

Jana: enjoy that bday luncheon!

I wish you gals could see my 2 dogs this morning... I dunno why but Darby has taken to sleeping in the dirty clothes basket.. It kinda skeeves me..so I lay a big bath towel over the clothes.. She has her own little bed, but she must like our stinkiness! So it looks like I might haveta find another place for our laundry! Meanwhile the little one Casey sleeps in the guest bedroom, splayed out on top of pillows on the Queen size bed! She's got the biggest dog bed and her own room! Casey is my Sun Dog.. She gets up with the sun and goes down with the sun.. Now with the sun going down around 5 oclock, she's asleep and wakes up only for dinner and a poop and then it's back to bed.

Yesterday I was suppose to clean this crack house, but the day got away from me... I said to myself that I would clean after a little Cat nap... it turned into a Cat Coma! Thankfully DH's dinner was kielbasa and kraut ..so he just warmed it up.. and I had bean salad. Sooooo today NO EXCUSES!! Must get the Swiffer out and smite the dustbunnies! Chicken sounds good Cottage--I think I'll do the Salsa Chicken !
Old 11-14-2006, 08:18 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Goodness me! You chickies are too frassing much this morning! (Frass is caterpillar poop and is a very handy word!)

There were major ballot problems with our municipal election yesterday. I finally got home at 1:30 AM and two polls had still not completed counting! Right now I have no idea if darling Roger made it as mayor. I could go down to the Long Horn and find out but......

The forecast for today is "rain and drizzle" - ain't that just wonderful? I think The Girls and I will just hibernate for the day. Lucy and I will do a TheraPaws visit at5:30 tonight and I have two meetings at 7:30. I think I'll flip a coin - one is a Church Council meeting and one is with the Bank which intends to close the Delta branch. The latter is a fait accompli so the meeting will be a waste of time.

I really need another coffee before I crank up the day any further!
Old 11-14-2006, 09:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hey Cottage - Sending some Texas sun your way!

Jana - I'm tired too! Hoping this coffee will do the trick

Ruth - You're always so involved in the community! I think it's truly awesome!

Schatzi - I know the pups love our smell because if I have a shirt or somethign laying around, my little guy will inevitably make that shirt into a bed

Me - Feeling under hte weather again this AM, already decided against my weights class cause I'm just not moving that quickly, but REALLY want to get my run in, about to head to the gym hop on the treadmill and see what this body can do - I know it will probably make me feel better and that I'll be so tired this evening that I'll have no desire to work out - Also I already had a banana and a granola bar for breakfast but it's not satiating me, I want more! Haha wonder what that's all about - It's been my TOM for about 5 days even though it wasn't supposed to start till Thursday - Maybe that's what hte food cravings are all about?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/180/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies,

I've already had 5 cups of coffee ... it just doesn't seem to be helping right now. I've moved on to P2 and we'll see how it goes. Toast and sliced tomatoes for breakfast (it's my favourite)...

It's -18 (celsius) with the wind chill here today. I'm not sure what that converts to in farhenheit, but believe me, it's chilly !

I think I'm in trouble... I listen to you ladies talk about your children and I want one !! I didn't think I ever would - but then again I didn't think that I'd ever fall in love or find someone I wanted one with. Problem is, he already has one (19 years old) and doesn't really want another one... oh another problem... I'm 36 years old - I know that doesn't sound old, but it really doesn't give me much time.

His brother just had a baby and I have to go to the baby shower this weekend - maybe that'll cure me...

We're spending Christmas with his other brother and 2 children and BF keeps going on about how amazing Christmas is with little kids. I've never seen it before. I told him either it'll cure me or make me want kids really bad and make me sad that we're not doing that together.

I think he just can't wait for me to never bring it up again. I don't know how important it is to me - if I can just let it go. If I just wanted to have kids, I could've done that without him, but having grown up without a father, I don't want to bring a child into the world on purpose without one. None of us kids have any children.

I don't know. I just have to try not to think about it. It just bums me out. Maybe I'll get a dog.

sarahslacker - ooooh my cravings get bad ! I feel your pain ! I want salty and greasy and then sweet and gooey and then salty and greasy right away. It just seems like sometimes there's no helping myself.

Ruthxxx - "Frass"... I like it ! I didn't even know catipillars pooped...

Better get to work - I'll be checkin in later - hope you all have a great day !!!
Old 11-14-2006, 01:08 PM   #7  
paganfroglady

Default busy day today!

Hello chicks!

Yesterday I took off work to take my husband Jason to the doctor. He has been feeling lousy for months. Got his test results this morning, is low thyroid, so the doc called in his Rx. Doc also told him to go on SBD! So we had a blow out last night and started it today, together. The hard part for him is doc told him to give up all soda, even diet.

So today I'm back at work, busy busy busy! The DaVinci Code came out today on DVD so we get to go and pick that up. I got my bonus at work, so I'm thinking at the end of this month or beginning of next month we'll have the $$$ to join the local gym. It's hard to squeeze in workout time since we have an hour long commute each way and 10 hour workdays alone, but we figured we really need to make this commitment.

Yesterday I went to the used book store, they did not have a SINGLE copy of the SBD. Plenty of Atkins, no SBD. I'll probably just get a SBD cookbook. I forgot about turkey day coming up, I gotta plan what to do! Mom says "no one diets on Thanksgiving" so it'll probably be regular food but way small portions. I can handle it
Closed Thread