Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 12:26 PM   #1  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 235/223/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Old member: new name

Hello, Ladies!

I was a member here over a year ago and was a pretty active participant. I was around when the Sistas came to be and even voted on that name for the group. Well, then life happened and I stuck my head in the sand and disappeared. So, here I am again (used to be Diva_at_40) with a new name and a new outlook and would love to be a member of your group again.

My oldest son, John, is a Marine and he is leaving for Iraq in February and I had told him I was thinking about joining Weight Watchers in January. He said oooh, my momma's gonna be all skinny when I come home. Then he got quiet and said, ya know, momma, you don't have to be skinny. I just want you to be healthy.

That week, I received a beautiful white gold necklace in the mail from him (this the boy who gave me a Marine Corps bobble head for Christmas last year) that was called "The Medal of Honor." It had a letter with it telling me how he knew I was going to miss him terribly while he was gone but that anytime I was down or worried about him, to wear the necklace (I haven't taken it off since the day I received it), and thanking me for all the things I have done for him over the years. To say I was sobbing is a complete understatement. I was literally blubbering. That was my lightbulb moment. I joined WW a few days later, last Saturday.

My weigh in wasn't shocking to me. I was 231. What did shock me was how disappointed I was at my first weigh in. I only lost 1.4, but that is okay! I'm happy with it. It was my TOM and it's a loss. That is all that matters, right?

So anyway, I hope you will not mind my re-joining your group. I'm looking forward to cheering you all on to become big losers!

Sorry for the long post!

Aileen
Old 11-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #2  

Aileen, I am so glad you are back. I have thought about you over the past year. HippoHips came back this week too, how funny! Anyway I'll be thinking of your son and praying for his safe return. I am glad you are doing this for yourself and for him!!!

Don't fret that loss a loss is a loss!!

WELCOME BACK!
Old 11-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #3  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 235/223/140

Height: 5'7"

Oooh thank you so much for remembering me! I remembered you, as well

I look forward to watching your piggy bank grow!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #4  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back! Several of us have left and come back again.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #5  

Welcome back!! Wow! It's like a reunion!
Closed Thread