Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 06:58 AM   #1  

Default Mon 11/6

Good morning!

I have to rush off, but just wanted to check in. Have a great week everyone!!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:43 AM   #2  

My eating is in a really sorry state. No one to blame but me (except maybe my DH for buying that huge Costco jar of salted cashews). I've been PMSing for almost a week and salty snacks are the last thing I should eat.

Commitment for the next 3 days:
Drink water mid-afternoon before eating any snack
Don't eat a simple carb snack--do a reasonable snack (i.e., ff cottage cheese and fruit)
Keep up with the exercise
Old 11-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone. Still bummed out about this work thing. I know I need to get over it but I was so enthused about going to a new spot and now I feel like I had a bucket of ice cold water poured over me and I'm still shivering. The weekend was the pits and now I'm back to work tonight.

Misty, I know what you mean about clothes. I have 2 pairs of loose cotton pants and then 3 pairs of scrub pants and that is it for pants. I hate clothes shopping so I buy clothes only whenever what I've got has worn out.

I only have 5 more shifts to get through and then I have a week off, I have a ton of schoolwork to get done in that week but still it will be nice to have the time off. I don't know what to do about work, I'm ready to tell the one manager to forget it because I don't want to be on tenderhooks for the next 2 months. I don't know. I'm going to see what happens this week and then decide what to do. I don't want to do something I'll regret later but it's not like I won't have a job no matter what happens. I'll still be working but I don't want to burn any bridges either. I rather think now that this one manager may be ticked at me already because I worked for her for 6 months part-time and didn't want to work there then full-time mostly because I had to work straight nights then and she didn't want to schedule them for me. I would have had to get people to switch with me and that would have meant studying the schedule all the time, having to call people, do schedule switch paperwork and then what would have happened it I didn't have anyone to switch with and I'm stuck with a dayshift I can't work? So I went into this floating position that was full-time as well and they had no problem putting me into straight nights. Anyway it's been a big pain in the bottom but I'm gonna wait out the week, see what happens and figure out what I"m going to do next week if I have to make some decisions.

Sadly I"m not even thinking about my weight right now. This work crap is all I'm thinking about these past few days and I haven't weighed myself lately. I'm trying to drink my water and be reasonable with my diet. I'm feeling bloated right now so it's just as well that I haven't weighed in because I"m probably up with some water weight.

Take care all, hope you have a good day!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:07 AM   #4  

Good Morning!!!

Sounds like we all feel grumpy...and reasonabley so. Elana-I hope things level out. Setting up goals for a short term will help I think. You can do this!!!! Jen-Give it at least a week. I know hanging on for two months would stink, but like you said you don't want to burn bridges or act rashly. Maybe tell yourself in your mind you aren't getting that position but not really say anything to that supervisor. Then you're perapred for the worst and not spending 2 months fretting about it and then in Jan see what happens?

I have the day off. Taking the kids to the dr are they both have monsterous coughs and DS is barfing everytime he coughs...well not everytime but at least twice a day. He just finished his antibiotic, you'd think he'd be healthy.

Plus I have to clean ect. Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #5  

hi all!

it's been a bad day. 9:50 am , no shower, hair not brushed, no bra on, glasses still on instead of contacts. I'm having a slow morning, making my way through my chores in no big rush. I had cleaned the kitchen a bit and was working on baking a treat for dh to take to work. Laundry is PILED waist high in my laundry room, which leads to my livingroom which has more laundry strewn about (ala DS) and so many toys you can't walk, play room is a similar state times 2. And I hear a knock on the door. Cable guy. Seem sthey decided to check on my internet that went out on Sunday, even though the entire system was down and went back up the same day. I was so embarassed.

Next the kids are sick miserable and screaming like banshees all day. Here comes the gas man...to SHUT OFF MY GAS! Apparently they lost my FIL's check (as the bill comes in his name b/c the banr is on the same gas line). He pays his house account and farm account in the same envelope and one cleared and one did not and they can't find the second one. He paid it via CC and kept the gas on. But I didn't think they were allowed to trun off the gas anyway from November 1 to April 1 b/c people have to have heat. Thank good ness i was able to RUN up the road and flag down my father in law on his tractor in the pouring rain so he could talk to the guy.

Then took the screaming children to the dr. DS STILL has an ear infection, HUGE tonsils so they upped his antibiotic. DD has the same deal and she has an antibiotic as well. They both got cough syrup with codiene. Also DD has been complaining taht her leg hurts. The Pa doesn't think alot of it but wants her to have x-rays. She wasn't very concerned but asked about cancer history, she siad she doubts it but she would hate to miss osmething like that. This is the time with DD that that word has crept up. At birth, she had weird blood cells. We were sent to an oncologists, she was fine. They still wanted further testing and during that it was mentioned again. But we had already been cleared by the oncologists at that time and they said no way. And now again. I am sure she is fine. She and her brother are constantly wrestling around, she's growing ALOT and just started dance classes in Sept. Any of that could make it hurt. The PA said it is probably growing pains.

DH doesn't like the PA and I agree she sometimes has weird diagnosis, liek when dh went in for a cold and she sent him hoem with allergy meds...even though she had seen teh otehr three of us three days before that and gav us all antibiotics for the same symptoms. So he yelled at me on the phone when I told him about the x-rays.

I don't want to sound like a horrible mother but I don't have time off to spend doing x-rays at our hospital we're lookinga t 4 hours I bet with a 2 and a three year old, Plus the co pay. I just spent $60 on perscriptions (and $20 two week ago for one). Then our ins covered DS's first eye doctor with only a$20 co-pay, but now did not cover the second eye doctor and we got a $130 bill. If this ear infection doesn't clear up or maybe if the Doctor deems neccassary after the PA talks to him DS may be refferred to a ENT. really all minor things and many parents are facing worse, but it never ends.

I am worn out. Plus I hurt my freaking foot again. I walked two miles SUnday and during preschool Monday it started hurting. It hurts all the time and the occasionally hurts worse and more sharply. I am going to have to see a foot doctor I think. But I want to get DS's stuff all out of the way.

But I ordered the new book by Dr. Oz Sunday and it came today so that made me smile...not that I have time to read. But We'll see.

I better go help DH he's been alone with the kids 10 minutes so he's getting grumpy. Have a great night everyone! I am going to try to walk even with my foot, even if it's 1 mph LOL
Old 11-08-2006, 07:57 AM   #6  

This sounds very stressful--I am sorry about everything going on for you and your kids. Do their stomaches bother them from the antibiotics? I try to make my kids eat extra plain yogurt when they need amoxicillin so the probiotics in their intestines don't all get killed off.

Still haven't got my food back on track, but I started logging it on FitDay and it was very eye-opening. Way too many calories from fat; especially on the days I eat peanut butter w/breakfast and then nuts as a snack. I know about healthy fats and that I need a reasonable amount but there's lots of room to cut back. I'm going to have hot cereal for breakfast more often instead of peanut butter on toast. Hey, all the small steps add up.

Hope things get better for you and your kids very soon.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:40 AM   #7  
Jen

Hey everyone. Sorry I have been grumpy and whiny about this job thing. I finally got some decent sleep yesterday after my shift and then last night I got about 90 minutes nap on my break so I felt really good this morning after work. I'm tired now but I don't feel so negative about everything. Also it helps that I have 2 days off now.

Misty - sorry to hear that things are so hectic. Boy your kids sure do get sick a lot! I think they are at school a bit with you or daycare or whatever. Are there a lot of kids sick there as well? Do your kids take vitamins? What about getting those tonsils removed, has anyone suggested that? Wouldn't be my first suggestion but it they are getting infected all the time well.... Also with those leg pains, I agree that it could be a million things besides cancer. I wouldn't be so quick to rush in for x-rays like you said. I mean my ds says the same thing every once in a blue moon. Yes kids do have growing pains especially in these years where they literally grow inches overnight. A suggestion about your foot...what kind of shoes are you wearing? I've had tons of problems with my feet and it really helps to have decent shoes. If you are wearing ancient running shoes or trying to walk for exercise in inappropriate shoes then that might be a problem. I've got an ankle brace that I bought at WalMart that I put on for a few hours when I am having problems, it helps a lot. Hope things are a bit better for you today and the kids are on the way to getting better.

Elana - pb on toast is my absolute favorite breakfast, 2 slices with a tall glass of milk. MMMMMMM!!! I usually end up having 4 slices because it is so good, sadly too many calories Good job logging your diet on fitday!

Take care all, have a great day!
Old 11-09-2006, 08:11 AM   #8  
Jen

Morning all. Well yesterday ended up being a really, really bad day. I started off so positive and feeling good and I went for a little nap til around lunch and then I was going to get up and do a bunch of stuff around the house. I woke up around lunch because my guts felt like they were coming apart. I had food poisoning or something going on with my stomach because I had diarrhea literally all day, every 5 minutes I was on the toilet. Thankfully I only barfed once. Sorry I know this is too much information. I had to call my husband to come home from work to meet ds at the bus stop because I didn't think I could be away from the toilet for that long. Ended up losing 6 lbs of water with all of that. So yesterday was pretty much a lost day, the only thing I got done was vacuuming the main floor. Mostly I held down the couch. My husband even put ds to bed which he usually doesn't do when I am home because I felt so lousy. It was pretty much over and done with by the end of the day so I was able to get a good nights sleep but today I just feel really weak and I'm starving right now but I don't want to overload with food because my stomach still feels a bit tender. I'm going to try and get a few things done today that I wanted to do yesterday but I'm not going to go crazy. Was nice to see the scale move down this morning even though I know it is just water loss that is going to come right back.

So how was your yesterday????
Old 11-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #9  

Hi all!

Jen-Are you feeling better? What a drag, you just start your day and BAM! Hopefully it's done and over with and you can rest and get done what needs to get done.

Elana-Great job on tracking, it's a great step!

Kids are still sick. Now I am sick. Yeah it seems like they have been sick non stop, especially since they started daycare. It's a clean program and we try our best to keep germs to a minimum but it's 50 kids in on building sharing toys, eating spaces ect, it's germ heaven! There are several kids out with fevers, some out with bronchitus and some with pink eye. I think with his tonsils we're going to track his progress and see if it is a constant issue. Since birth he has snored alot, it's less now that he is older. My sister has sleep apnea and her adnoids caused her many breathing issues, so maybe something to keep in the back of my mind.

Well I have another day off (the lady I babysit for has bronchitus and went home to her mom's since her DH was hunting and can't help with the kids...makes me feel better that it is not just mine LOL). So anyway I am going to make the most of my day off!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:23 AM   #10  

Good Morning!!

How is everyone today? It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So last night, after walking 30 minutes, I set out all of our clothes for today, packed what I could of the lunches, got my bag ready, set the coffee maker, decided what I was havingf or breakfast and dinner today and got to bed at a decent hour. So this morning I set my alarm for 5:42 so I could hit the snooze alarm twice before 6. I ended up getting up at 6:09. I walked my 30 minutes, got my shower, finished lunches, enjoyed my coffee and am now enjoying a OJ, Banana, Strawberry smoothie for breakfast.

I am reading Dr Oz's new book. It's very interetsing, but it has puns, similies and metaphor's every third sentece or so and it gets old. I am sure it is to lighten the science and make the reading a bit more less tedious through the information on chemicals and digestion. But it's annoying. There is some useful information, but so far not much new to me. I think they think that people are still in the cabbage soup and grapefruit diet fads that we saw in the 90's. Most plans market themselves as lifestyle changes and this is not a new concept, yet I get the impression taht these authors think this idea is novel to their book. Many of us "professional" dieters know more about health, nutrition and how to lose weight than most thinner people. We're not all a bunch of slathering idiots waiting for the all you can eat place to open for the day. All in all it's a good book with good concepts, but ones we've seen before in South Beach, Dr. Phil, Oprah's boot camp. The one new thing they really emphasize is Waist managment over Weight managment. They say that belly fat is mroe dangerous than thigh fat and if you can manage your waist the rest will follow.

Well off to work have a great day everyone!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 11:38 AM   #11  
Jen

Morning all. I am much better. Yesterday my tum was still acting up a bit but I wasn't living in the bathroom. So I am back to work and it only feels like I had one day off because I spent all the one day being sick. Well I only have these 3 shifts over the weekend and then I am off for a week. Starting January 18th or sooner if I get hired into another spot I will be back to a regular 2 days/2 nights then 5 days off rotation which I am really looking forward to working. Still haven't decided what to do about this other position that I have half a$$ed been offered. Right now I am still thinking it over but I'm thinking I'm just going to forget about it and not worry about it and we'll see what happens between now and January. For all I know I might get offered another job, YNK.

Misty - do the toys at daycare get regularly disinfected? I know at the one daycare that ds went to they disinfected the toys about twice a day. Obviously the ones that can be disinfected and they wiped them down with some kind of a disinfecting solution twice a day. I know ds was sick more than he had been before when he started daycare but not that much. Also they had those sanitizing hand wash stations and they got the kids to use them a lot especially at this time of the year when it seems easier to get sick. Even if they don't have these stations you might want to buy a small container for your purse and get the kids to wash their hands when you are on the way home. Also seeing as your kids seem more prone to illnesses you might want to even wipe stuff when you are out in public like the push bars of shopping carts etc, anything that someone else might have had their germy hands on. Good job on getting your walk in x 2. What organization!
Old 11-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #12  

Hi all!!

So I am sick. YUCK! I am not sure how often they disifect toys, it's certainly not once a day let alone twice. Maybe I should suggest we start at least once a day. I know the bay rooma nd toddler room it's daily, but with the older kids maybe once a week...which is not enough. We're not allowed to use antibacterial gel on the kids at daycare, but we're really pushing the hand washing.

Well got to run have a greta night all
Old 11-11-2006, 07:11 AM   #13  

Good Morning and Happy saturday!

I just wanted to post that I walked again today.

I have a training today for work and maybe a birthday party in the afternoon for one of my husband's co workers, but I am not into going to that. Well got to run. Have a great weekend!
Old 11-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #14  

Hi all, I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I am off to hit the treadmill. I am bone tired. Spent 6 HOURS making family calendars with my mom for Christmas. We're doing ones for my dad's side and on for her side, with EVERYONE"S birthday's and anniversaries and pictures of everyone who has a birthday or anniversary that month. We made it to June. Her computer is slow, and she doesn't know how to run her software (which is far less user friendly than the one I run). But I installed it on my laptop and hope to finish it at home where I can sit comfortabley instead of on a barstool.

Then when we are done with these we need ones that have the birthdays and anniversaries for the 5 of us that are on both sides of the family, and I will be making ones for my husband's family. Maybe.....

Well off to treadmill. I think I can I think I can......
Old 11-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #15  

I did walk I have 31 more sessions to get in before Christmas, and 43 days to do it
Closed Thread