Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-08-2006, 08:46 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Unhappy I have tennis elbow

My elbow has been hurting since mid Sept when I injured it while camping. I haven't wanted to take anything because I was going to have a colonoscopy and shouldn't have anything for about a week before to 10 days after. It's been longer than that now, so I can now take some Aleve. My PCP said I could go to PT if I wanted. However, I think I'll take the anti-inflammatory and do the exercises and see what happens.

Do you have any advice?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I have tendonitis in both elbows and my wrists...when they bother me, I have braces that I wear. Most of the time (depending on what I did to it) they help. You're really better off if you wear them while doing activities that will agravate it, but I've never been one to read the directions, let alone follow them! If it is really bothering you, talk to your doctor. That's the cheapest way to get the braces. You can buy them, but when i went in the doctor gave them to me in the office.
As for medication, I have a tolerance for pain and pain pills that makes taking anything pretty much a waste, so You'll have to wait and see if someone else can help you with that one!
HTH!
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:23 PM   #3  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

Physical therapy (mostly massage, stretching, heat, and ice) pretty much cured my tendinitis in my elbows a few years back.
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #4  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I have shoulder ouchy and tendinitis (tennis elbow) of which my doc said the tendinitis is 2ndary pain from trying to accommodate my shoulder.

He gave me a coritsone shot. Hurt like a !! But cured it right up. I've also had coritsone shots in my shoulder, which cured it too... for about 6 months.

Actually, like Jman1 said, physical therapy, certain stretching & massage & heat & ice (and ibuprofen) can definitely make it feel better, but as for curing it.... I dunno.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote