Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 01:54 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ And Ready To Try Again.... # 120

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 01-08-2002, 01:56 PM   #2  

Angry Good lesson to learn

Gee it is good hearing from everyone.

Jen... I loved your story about your MIL.
I know a few people I would like to be FAT for a month or two too.
You made a very important impression on me and my daughter with the part of how she "did not change her eating habits."
The bottom line is... If you are not going to change your eating patterns then why get the surgery. And if you ARE going to change your habits... then who needs the surgery.
I know of several people who had the surgery and did lose 100lbs... but they ALL had to go on "diets" to lose the rest and maintain what they lost.
Sooooo... lets save ourselves a lot of pain and money and just do what EVEN THEY have to do. Change the way we eat as a way of life.

My daughter called from London. She arrived safely and is going to call me on Thursday night and tell me about her adventure. We are going out of town Friday-sunday.

Tuesday Tip.... Jen said it all.
This isn't a diet to go on and off of.... This has got to be a new way of life for "permanent" results."

But the good news is... we only have to do it... One day at a time.

I wish I had more time to respond to everyone. I am soooo busy this week. I have written myself so many notes I need notes to remind me where I put them all.
Old 01-08-2002, 03:18 PM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

Boy I don't check in for a while and look what happens. How is everyone today. I am great. My son went back to work and I have my house and computer all to myself.

Food is good today but I can't seen to get in enough water. I am doing chicken breasts and orzo pasta for dinner tonight.
I went to the library today and checked out some cooking light cookbooks If I find any good recipes I'll send them on.

My Tuesday Tip is the same as some of the rest journal and water.
Old 01-08-2002, 05:03 PM   #4  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hey All,

I am in a rush and don't have time to respond to everyone...I do enjoy reading all the posts though and hope to have more time soon.

I came across this recipe for ice cream sandwiches...I am familar with just putting FF Cool Whip between Chocolate Graham Crackers, but this looks so much better. I will be trying them soon. Thought some of you would like to try them as well.

I am pleased for I have been losing steadily for several weeks now. I have been sick with Kidney Infection and wasn't hungry and I must have "shrunk my tummy" or something, I just don't want to eat as much. Hope I can stay this way. I still have trouble getting all the water in, or the exercise. I biked on my stationary bike about 3 tenths of a mile and was pooped...does that tell you how out of shape I am???????????

Here is the recipe:
Healthy Ice Cream Sandwiches
1 box Nabisco Honey Made Chocolate Graham Crackers
1 large box sugar-free, fat-free Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Skim Milk
8 oz tub Lite Cool Whip

Mix pudding, vanilla and milk.
Fold in Cool Whip.
Spread 2 tbs of mixture onto 1 graham square and put a graham square on top.
Freeze.

One Serving (one "sandwich")- 1.5 Points

**"These are delicious and the perfect one point snack!
I made them with 1 small box of vanilla and 1 small box of banana pudding and used 3 cups of skim milk,
and it was icy-like. You could do the same with substituing any flavor of pudding.

** this isn't my comment, this is the person who submitted the recipes comment...~Syn~
Old 01-08-2002, 08:29 PM   #5  

Syn I have made those - FF Cool Whip between Chocolate Graham Crackers and they are really good.

I need to get to dinner before it's too late - litterally since it's already 7:29PM....
Old 01-08-2002, 08:58 PM   #6  

Thumbs down Happy New Year

Hello to one and all! I havent been here in months and after checking in with Oprah I decided to check in with you all. Unfortunately I dont know many of you and most of the people I did knwo arent here. I am will ing to make some new friends though so let me fill you in on me......I am a thin healthy person trying to get out of an unhealthy body!! All this extra weight is making me feel much older than I am (34). I did lose this weight once but controlling emotional eating but then I got pregnant and it all came back I am so dissappointed in myself that I cant hardly talk about it without getting hysterical--not a good thing.
But its a new year and I have to stop dwelling on the past and concentrating on the future. So anyone got any good stories about how their new years is going?????

Hey-2cute--Iam glad to see you are still here!!!!!

Love
Trixii
Old 01-08-2002, 10:33 PM   #7  

Talking Hip Hip Hooray !!!!

Trixii is back.... Trixii is back !!!!!! Hip hip hooray !!!
Welcome HOME !!!! It is soooo good to see you again. I have missed you very very much. Can you see how big I am smiling.??
There are still lots of us old timers here. Thinthinker, Andria, Susie, oh.. my mind is going blank. LOL . I think Syn was here with you too.????
It is a new day, a new year and a perfect time for a NEW YOU TOO. A new you in 2002 !!!
I just LOVED that saying you wrote...
I am a thin healthy person trying to get out of an unhealthy body. Did you hear that on Oprah? I missed her show the day it was about weight loss. I guess it must have been pretty good if it got you to come back and try again. I am so glad you watched it.

SYN.... I am so happy for your success. WAY TO GO !!!
Those ice cream sandwiches sounds yummy. Mmmmm
As far as riding only .3 of a mile... mark your calendar..... You are going to be so proud of yourself when you mark it again in a couple of months and can say... I rode my bike 1 mile today.
I am soooo proud of you.!!! I started just walking to the mail box. Today I am amazed that I was that badly out of shape. Not that I am great now... LOL ... but I am much better. And you know my motto.... Progress not perfection.

Mary... isn't it nice when we get our house back to ourselves again.
I love my family, BUT I love my time alone TOO !!!!
I think maybe that is one reason I stay up late so much. I really NEED alone time. REALLY !!!!
I am looking forward to your recipes. My goal is to start with cooking at least one meal a week from a recipe. This may not sound like a lot to some of you... but for ME ...It is quite an accomplishment.

I am out of here for the evening. It was so good seeing you guys again.
Remember yesterday does not matter.... Today is all that counts!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-08-2002 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2002, 01:11 AM   #8  

Well, here I am again. Today started out OK. It was my first day trying to get OP again. I journaled, I drank water, I portioned my food. The problem was that I was HUNGRY all day and it was driving me nuts. By this evening I cracked and binged. I couldn't stand the hunger, the emptiness. I've eaten SO MUCH over the past weeks that I've stretched my stomach to an enormous size again and normal portions leave me hungry. I know it is a matter of time and control to get it to shrink down again, and I'm not giving up. After all, the saying is "progress, not perfection".....right? I made it through MOST of the day and met MOST of my goals with the journaling and the water. I will do better tomorrow. Talk to ya then,
Jen

PS> What ever happened to Lynne????
Old 01-09-2002, 07:46 AM   #9  

I weighed myself this morning. Went and got my glasses and weighed myself again. Got off and then back on the scale.

Here is my weigh in – down, lost 10 pounds!!!!

Now although I am happy, I did have the flu so I don’t want to set myself up for a let down because I know one good meal could add 5 pounds!

I did notice, however when I was getting dressed my feet did seem smaller.

Time to dance!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 09:24 AM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Welcome back Trixie...I wasn't here when you were...but I love to read everyone's post...I need motivation...as much as I can get!!
I too lost weight (97 lbs) and then got pregnant and gained a majority of it back. I am finally ready to tackle this project once and for all! My first goal is my 10% then I am going to work on getting back to where I was before I got pregnant and then I will go from there! How old is your baby now?

Ladybug...congrats on the 10 lbs lost...forget that one good meal...concentrate on portions and drinking the water and that 10 lbs will stay off for good! And I know I am not one to preach exercise...but it does work!!!!

Jen don't beat yourself up....try and fill up on high fiber foods or high protein foods to help keep you feeling full. I find the high fiber and the water do it for me!

Syn those ice cream sandwiches sound wonderful...I am going to get the stuff to make them this weekend. They are good for when you have that sweet craving! I use to do just the cool whip and graham crackers...but yours sound so much more filling!

2Cute...Progress not Perfection...I like that...its so true...one step at a time...water one week, journaling the next, exercise another and within a month we have made progress...and now to just keep the motivation and keep the loss going! I did it once I can do it again...you are such an inspiration!! Doesn't it feel great to be in control and to see the weight melting off? When I lost the weight the first time though...I knew I looked better...size 14 was definately better than size 28...but I didn't see the loss in the mirror...I was still FAT...I am going to work on changing that perception too!

Hi Grannie, Thin and everyone else...come out and play today...I need you all here to keep me inspired!!

Gotta get to work now...boss lady just walked in! Have a good day...I will check back again before lunch!

Michelle
Old 01-09-2002, 09:48 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

Wow! Lucky, that is awesome!

Isn't that the best feeling? I intend to have a similar joyful feeling next Tue @ weigh in. I am officially 255...only 105 lbs from goal!

I read an interesting article last night, in the Nov issue of Good Housekeeping magazine. Some trainer to the stars gave tips about successful weight loss. He said that we need to calculate our "Basic Metabolic Rate" and "Activity Levels" to get an accurate number of cals that will facilitate weight loss! Duh! Of course we do! Anyway, If you're interested, here's how you figure all that out. (If not, skip ahead to 2cutes latest post, they're always funny!)

661 plus(4.38x weight in lbs) plus (4.38 x height in inches) minus (4.7 x age) equals BMR. This is the minimum number of calories your body needs to keep it alive, additional calories are needed to perform daily tasks, ie: washing, dressing, etc

Activity levels:
sedentary--1.15 * light--1.3 * moderate--1.4 (3-4 hours/week of exercise * very active--1.6 (4-6 hrs/wk exercise) * very active--1.8 (6-8 hrs exercise)

Multiply your BMR by youtr activity level...this will give you the number of cals your body needs to maintain your weight, adjust accordingly by decreasing caloric intake, while maintaining or increasing level of activity. Do the Math!

I like it so far...will elaborate when I'm not falling asleep at the keyboard again...see ya'll later
Old 01-09-2002, 10:15 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Morning all
DH was up and down all night with a tooth ache so I feel like crap.

Not much going on. welcome back Trixie nice to meet you.

Better go for now.
Old 01-09-2002, 11:17 AM   #13  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Two days of journalling, and I'm feeling good! Already realizing how much I've cut back on my water intake. I had convinced myself 80 oz. was going to be fine for winter. Still, I honestly haven't been getting in even 80 a day. Working my way back up to 100 and then 120. Progress in the works, folks! I've let exercise dwindle to about nothing the last few months, and my fat grams have been creeping back up while dietary fiber has been sliding down. Are you guys just giggling at me getting back into all this? And no, I'm not spending hours figuring these out, it is done for me. I'm too lazy and too short on time to do it the other way!

Kat, you made a great point with your calculations. It really is important to figure out what your personal rate is. Yet another reason for checking out some of the journalling programs around, because many figure your metabolic rate. It takes about a week for accuracy, but what a huge difference it makes knowing what is really right for you and not an average crowd.

Mary, I'm sorry your DH isn't feeling well. Certainly has an impact on everyone else in the house, doesn't it? *HUGS*

Michelle, you gave Jen the same advice I was going to. Lots of fiber! And you just sounded so cute and upbeat in your post, I had to comment on your great attitude.

Lucky, WAHOO!!! Sounds like you are definitely going to hit your V-Day goal.

Jen, so good seeing you back! I'm two days back into it and the sugar cravings are about to kick me in the backside. I broke down last night and had two servings of gumdrops, of all things! Basically, they were all that was available. It would have been worse, but I loaded up heavily on vegetables last night for dinner. Maybe try some vegetable soups and stews for the next couple of days? They are hearty and work great as comfort food without any of the guilt afterwards. I cheat and buy bags of frozen veggies for mine and use a couple of canned items. Means it is ready in minutes, super easy to prepare and inexpensive all at the same time. BTW, you and I need to do some chatting. We were in almost the exact same situation as you guys, even down to joining the Army. I have some great suggestions on coping and making the best of military life if you would like.

2cute, I know exactly what you mean about the alone time. And if it makes you feel any better, the boxes we cleared out for the flea market a few weeks ago all came out of my bedroom. It has been storage ever since we moved in here! There are more where those came from, unfortunately. We'll get it done before spring this year. (yes, you can hear another goal there...)

Trixii, it is so good hearing from you again! I hope you come back to us on a regular basis.

Syn, glad to hear you are feeling better. Nice when things like that have the side effect of helping us lose weight after. Also, the sandwiches sound heavenly!

Ok, I'm about out of time this morning. Off to journal my breaky and lunch and head out the door! Have a good day everyone.

Andria
Old 01-09-2002, 11:24 AM   #14  

Sorry you had a rough night Mary. Hope tonight's better.

I'm still getting used to posting here so. I missed yesterday so here's my "Tuesday tip" - I've been walking away from binging by brushing my teeth! I can't stand to eat right after I brush my teeth - Needless to say there are some days I brush my teeth about 12-14 times

I can't provide a number for Wednesday weigh-in. My trainer has told me to stay off the scales until I notice a change in my clothes. I am, however feeling great - eating properly and exercising this week so my results will be good when I decide to yank the scale out of the closet!

Have a great Wednesday, everyone.
KimH
Old 01-09-2002, 11:59 AM   #15  

Exclamation Listen... 2cute is singing....

I'm late.
I'm late.
For a very important date.
NO time to say hello-goodbye... I'm late...I'm late ...I'm LATE !!!!
Closed Thread