Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-09-2006, 05:35 PM   #1  
mybiggestgoal

S/C/G: 260/194/160

Height: 5'4

Cool I wanna do a cartwheel

My whole life I have been overweight! I know this sounds really funny but I have always wanted to do a cartwheel. I am 21 yrs old and I have been to afraid to fall so many times I have never done a cartwheel. I have always been afraid I couldnt carry my own weight. Now I plan to take the rest of this weight off. I WILL DO THAT CARTWHEEL. I am going to practice and practice and by the eld of this journey I will do a cartwheel!!!.lol

Another mini goal is to get to 220 with diet and exercise of course hopefully before the end of this month.

Mini goal tracker

[img]http://www.3
fatchicks.net/img/bar-purp/slider-situp/lb/227/220/225/.png[/img]

dautey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:37 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Oh my God! This is totally one of my goals too! I plan on asking my trainer about it and getting him on exercises that will help me - when I ask him, I'll post back here so we can work on this together!

My other fitness goal is a pull-up...but thats going to take quite a bit longer.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Make sure you stretch properly first!!! I did a cartwheel a few years back just to prove I could still do it, and I pulled something on the inside of my thigh--hurt like the dickens for a week! Anyway, I hope you do your cartwheel!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:12 PM   #4  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

I used to be able to do a cartwheel and a backbend too. I am hoping once I get down in weight I can do them again. Here's hoping you will too.

On the brighter side I have been working on stretching and I can touch my toes
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:17 PM   #5  
Stronger Than Yesterday

Aw dautey that is such a great goal!!! You'll have to let us know when you accomplish it
juliebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Lol that is so funny I've always wanted to do a cartwheel too. I'm so suprised other people posted this because it always seemed so silly to me that I really wanted to be able to do a cartwheel but I feel better now that I'm not alone. I hope that we will all be able to do cartwheels soon!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:21 AM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

dautey, I used to love to do cartwheels when I was young. I'm afraid to try them now. I also loved to stand on my head (for some odd reason). I tried that again a few yrs. ago and thought I was about to break my Neck. LOL.All the blood rushed to my head and I had a massive headache. Guess I'll have to stick to walking, it seems more suited for me now. LOL
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #8  
mostly harmless

I don't think I could do a cartwheel now if I tried... but only because I took Judo for several years, and I think I would automatically collapse into the diving roll we did in that class. It's an automatically ingrained response now.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote