General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default fun on the bus

I'm a bus rider, and I get to witness all kinds of freaks and sideshows on a daily basis on my way to and from work... I have had a drunk pass out, fall forward into my hair, saw a guy abusing his wife, been on a bus that smelled so bad someone actually got off to vomit... but today I witnessed something so amusing I found the need to share...

This lady, probably in her 50's, was with two little boys, twins.. and some lady on the bus starts talking to her about them. Then asks if they are her grandkids, she says yes.. and then the girl says "I thought so, you look like a grandma!"

Some people on the bus just started laughing and all I could think is " Gee, I hope to hear that some day..."

Old 11-09-2006, 03:18 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I am 46 and have 2 grandchildren. I don't mind being called "grandma" at all. I earned it. What I don't like is when people assume the babies are my kids. I'm too old for babies. Or even worse, when my 14 yr. old DD is holding one of the babies and people think it's hers.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:34 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
I am 46 and have 2 grandchildren. I don't mind being called "grandma" at all. I earned it. What I don't like is when people assume the babies are my kids. I'm too old for babies.
Ohhhh reaaaaallly. Well luckily, when I turn 46, mine will be 5 and technically not a baby anymore. LOL
Old 11-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #4  
lilybelle

Clarification" I knew that came out wrong. DUH. Many people my age have very young children, but it wasn't for me. I'm glad mine are older now and I love being "grandma". I love the spoil them and send them home way.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

LOL That's ok, my daughter thought it was unnatural and thought I SHOULD be a grandma now instead of a new mom. She's 22 and wants kids but she her hubby have had no luck.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #6  
lilybelle

I have 2 children and 4 step-daughters, ranging in age from 14-23. When I married my DH 9 yrs. ago, we talked of having a baby together. I'm glad now that we didn't after reaching the teenage yrs. with these six. LOL. We would have had to have his vasectomy reversed and insurance wouldn't cover it. So, luckily we couldn't afford it. My 21 yr.old step-daughter was married in July and is trying to get pregnant. So, maybe another grandbaby for us. I know that with a total of 6 kids that we will have lots of grandbabies and I love it.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #7  

Yes but do you want some stranger pointing out that you LOOK like a Grandmother!?!

Old 11-09-2006, 08:51 PM   #8  

My 9th child turned 19 today, too!!! He is in college also but only an hr away. I was 41 when my 10th was born. She is 16 and, of course, a little spoiled. We are expecting 2 more grandbabies in April which will bring the total to 8. I must say, my energy level isn't what it used to be.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:14 PM   #9  
mom2cole

My mom is very young looking and when we are together people don't believe I am her daughter. I also throw in the fact that she is a grandma too and their jaws usually drop. I remember being in high school and at the grocery store with my mom and she was still getting carded fro buying alcohol. I am 26 and haven't been carded in while. Even though they are supposed to ask if you look younger than 36. Guess I look old. Oh well.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:21 PM   #10  

I don't get carded anymore either, and i'm 26 too. depressing, huh?

My hubby is about 50% gray, at 30... the other day he was getting a haircut and the lady complimented him on his hair saying that some men pay an arm and leg for such wonderful distribution of gray hair... I'm pretty sure he didn't feel very complimented... *LOL* He's still a little bitter about it.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #11  
mom2cole

My husband gets mad because we are both 26 and he will get id'd at the store and they don't id me. My husband has a "baby" face and likes to stay clean shaven so he looks a little younger than me.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

AWWW MAN! I WISH MY KIDS WOULD HURRY UP AND MAKE ME A GRANDPA!! SON GETS MARRIED A WEEK FROM SATURDAY, DAUGHTER IN MAY! STEP-D AWAY AT COLLEGE FOR FRESHMAN YEAR ~ NEPHEW ONLY 16 ...

SERIOUSLY! I HAVE A "HOPE CHEST" I FILL IT WITH PRESENTS FOR MY FUTURE GRANDKIDS! AND I AM NOT KIDDING!! JUST ASK ANGIE!!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:29 PM   #13  
mom2cole

Hey you might be a grandpa soon. My cousin got married and gave birth to her daughter exactly 9 months later. It was funny they told everyone that was what they got in Mexico on their honeymoon!

I just remember my funny bus story. I was in Eugene as a teenager riding in my grandpa's motor home. I look over at a stop light and there was a hippy bus called "The Green Tortise" there were people sleeping on mattresses all over the floor and some were playing guitars and others were high and they all started waving at me. My grandpa is a little old fashioned and didn't like it one bit! (my mom said he used to run hippy's off the road in the 60's)
Old 11-09-2006, 11:08 PM   #14  

lmao That's the Eugene I know and love... sort of.
The bus is always good for amusement here.

Gary - my mother in law does that too. only she gives the gifts to us. we've told her we aren't having kids, but... she doesn't get it. Nice of you to put it in a hope chest instead of freaking out your in-laws to be
Old 11-10-2006, 02:11 AM   #15  
lilybelle

mom2cole, for yrs. my DH had such a baby face and looked much younger than me. (he's 4 yrs. younger BTW). But, he doesn't look younger now. He was upset today that when he had his hair cut and eyebrows trimmed that he noticed a lot of gray in his eyebrows as well as his hair. Plus, his chest hairs are turning gray. I still think he looks great and has an awesome body, which stinks because he never works out.
Closed Thread