Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #1  
fighting the war inside

S/C/G: 207/191/135

Height: 5'3

Default Difficult for me to post in this forum!!

Hello I am new and I have been in this forum a dozen times and looked and read and came back later and looked and read I have been doing this for a couple of days!!CRAZY HUH??!! I guess I am embarrased about having an ED still at age 40. Also I have hid this from everyone for so long so it has always been my "little secret" and here I am just typing this for all to see. Its like saying it out loud or something and that makes it more real. I have always battled my weight not as much as some and more than others but my self image is still OMG horrible. I could probably weigh 90 lbs and still see a fat disgusting person. I heard about "fat people" all my life. My mom was over weight and she was her worse enemy but boy did the way she dieted on & off and cry over how she hated herself and then binge,binge,binge,how that affected me!! It became strong very early in life and has only gotten worse. I STARTDED MY FITDAY FOOD JOURNAL TODAY... SO TODAY IS THE DAY THAT I START LIVING HEALTHY!!! I am really gonna need to be accoutable. Hope you guys will stick with me!! I talk alot but I also listen well if anyone ever needs an ear to hear.
mimithatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:59 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the forum. I'm proud that you finally reached out for help. There is no shame in that. The people here are wonderful and I hope you get all the support and encouragement that you need.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Absolutly nothing wrong with how you feel. I've felt that way and honestly still do sometimes. Congrats on taking the step to start posting and welcome!!!!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:59 PM   #4  
fighting the war inside

S/C/G: 207/191/135

Thanks Ladies. So far I have received nothing but encouraging words !! I am really enjoying being able to just share a little of this crazy life of mine. It makes the weight a little lighter to carry (didnt mean for it to sound that way but that is funny!!)
Thanks!!!!!

Last edited by mimithatsme; 11-09-2006 at 03:01 PM. Reason: mis-spelled word
mimithatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #5  

Welcome!
Admitting it is very difficult and coming here and posting is a step in the right direction I think. Fitday is a great food journalling software to keep you accountable. I used to use it all the time before I started WW.
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #6  

hi mimi welcome!! there is a ton of support in here, great job deciding to post. i struggle with body image too and can totally relate to "i could weigh 90lbs and still see a fat disgusting person" looking forward to getting to know ya.
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #7  

That's awesome that you felt comfortable enought to post Mimi and welcome . I need to check in here more often myself as I find it keeps me on track.
didi65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/217.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Mimi,

Good for you! That's the beauty of a support forum like this one. We are all in a similar boats and you won't feel any judgment here. 3FC has meant so much to me just in the last few weeks. It's a safe place where people understand what you're going through.

Welcom and good luck!
Melanie M.
Trophy Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:12 PM   #9  

Being honest with yourself about having an ED is a giant step. It helps me so much to know that others understand my pain and my struggle with my ED.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:30 PM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Mimi, it's not easy to be open about eating disorders, and we're so glad that you've come in here. Welcome.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #11  

Mimi! This site is a great place to find all sorts of tips, encouragement, suport and a host of accountability. Just realize you're not alone and the best of luck with your journey to becoming a healthier you!
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:13 PM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Mimi, Ive been coming to this site for a few years. I just started posting in this section about 2 weeks ago. I know I have a problem, I just never wanted to admit it. So you are definitely not alone.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #13  

Welcome.. declaring that you have eating issues can be confronting - but also liberating at the same time... I hope that this forum provides the support you need
Marianna is offline   Reply With Quote