General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #1  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Tiny public bathrooms

Okay, so I'm at the college dorms with some friends and I needed to use the restroom. I run over to the ladies room and what do I see?

The smallest restroom stalls EVER! it was a tiny room with two bathroom stalls. each stall was like 5 foot long by like 3 and half foot wide. @_@ I couldn't put my hands on my hips without my elbows smacking into the walls. The Toliet paper dispenser was at like shoulder level and stuck out about 7 inches so I had to lean over till my head hit the wall on the other side.

I would have been a little miffed if it didn't look so stupid and funny. It gave me the giggles thinking about how stupidly small the stalls where.

The door opened inward so I had to almost stradle the toliet to get the door open .
Old 11-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I used to always use the handicapped stall because the regular stalls were so small that I felt claustrophobic in them. Not to mention that it's hard to wipee if you don't have room to spread the legs. LOL
Old 11-08-2006, 04:49 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Our work stalls are like that. You actually have to straddle the toilet and sort of press yourself against the wall to open the door when you're in there. Even our handicap stall is so small that if someone actually were handicapped they would not be able to use it!

What makes me maddest is this girl that works in the same building as me, will practically knock me over to get to the big stall first, and she is skinny. Also, she never washes her hands. Rude! She has done this like 3 times... geez.

I could write an entire essay about the things that annoy me about public restrooms... but my top complaints are the flood of water all over the counter, people who think their *** is so precious they have to squat and then pee on the seat and leave it, or don't make sure the seat cover actually gets flushed, and people who let their children behave inappropriately and do nothing about it.

Whew! I guess I was holding in some public restroom anger!
Old 11-08-2006, 05:17 PM   #4  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Lizziness, you made me laugh out loud with the "precious ***" comment. Thank you!
What I love is when people leave dirty diapers on teh bacl of the toilet tank in a public restroom. I used to work in restaruants and clean the potties at the end of waiting tables. And yes, there were trash cans available!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #5  

No, no, I have the *best* pet peeve!!!

One of my co-workers doesn't wrap her sanitary napkins and leaves them SUNNY-SIDE UP in the trash can for all the world to see!!!!!!!

How GROSS can you get!?!?!?!?
Old 11-08-2006, 05:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Lizzi: Though the girl at derserves no defense (she needs to wash her hands!), I have to say that before I read it in this forum a few weeks ago, it never occured to me that heavier people might have problems size-wise in bathroom stalls. I'm now more conscious of this, but I know that many people probably never even realize that this might be an issue if they haven't been somewhat overweight. I know it's probably not something you would bring up in conversation with her, but maybe if more people knew about this, stalls would be made larger -- I don't think anyone (thin or larger) would have issue with that!
Old 11-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Oh yeah. I go to MSU and the public bathrooms are usually in a less than desirable state: small stalls, pee on the seats, doors without locks, etc. Girls can really be gross.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

I think girls are way grosser than guys, as a general rule.
However that does not stop me from praying that some day I won't have to share a bathroom with my husband. EW!

4-myself - I worked with someone like that. Also, lived with a girl who would do that, only leave them in her bedroom on the floor. GAG!

Once a lady was washing her hands, and her kid was standing looking right in to my stall through the crack between the door and the wall and she said nothing to her kid. what?! I wanted to open the door and smack the kid in the face with it... is that wrong?
Old 11-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
I used to always use the handicapped stall because the regular stalls were so small that I felt claustrophobic in them. Not to mention that it's hard to wipee if you don't have room to spread the legs. LOL
I did the same thing. I hated banging my elbow into the TP dispenser or bumping the wall so the person in the next stall would think I was trying to beat my way out of the joint. I actually found pleasure in being able to use a regular stall with no problems once I got my size down. Alas...I'm back to the handicapped stalls. The baby stroller won't fit in the normal ones. LOL

As for restroom foibles...I had a boy peeking UNDER my stall one time, crawling over from his mom's stall and she kept letting him do it. And just recently, I found myself counting the number of people who wash their hands. It was easier as the number was smaller than those that don't. Out of 7 other women in the restroom, only one used the restroom and washed. Five others used the restroom and didn't wash, and one was an EMPLOYEE! And one changed her baby and didn't wash. Can we say Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Where I work, women take FOOD into the restroom with them, which just grosses me out. I barely want to touch anything that has been in a public restroom, much less eat it
Old 11-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Overall, I hate public bathrooms...My rule is "only in cases of emergency." I think I've expanded my bladder over time because of this! I can go 11-12 hours if I don't drink much during the day relatively easily. Probably TMI!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:52 PM   #12  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

This thread has made me laugh. I've actually had other people kids crawl under the bathroom stall into my stall while I was on the pottie. It annoyed the fire out of me.
The maxi pad thing. Oh yeah, I have had lazy pts. change their huge OB pads in the bed and toss them in the floor for me to pick up. HOW GROSS.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:31 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh my this thread is too funny..... I mean gross. But you know what, you read it and then you lose your appetite and this is a weightloss site..... so it's all good.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/217/140

Height: 5'7"

I felt the need to jump in on this one as the title caught my eye. I HATE PUBLIC RESTROOMS and try to avoid them at all costs. But small ones are definitely the worst! One of my favorite bars (a place where, after a long night of drinking, you will eventually need to go) has THE smallest stalls ever. The bathroom itself is the size of a handicapped stall and it contains 2 stalls and 2 sinks. You practically have to stand on the toilets in order to get out!

Oh and lilybelle, I work in a hospital and I have had pts. hide used pads in their drawers and under their pillows. NASTY!

On that note, have a great day everyone!!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dania27 View Post
Oh and lilybelle, I work in a hospital and I have had pts. hide used pads in their drawers and under their pillows. NASTY!
Oh and the loss of appetite continues. Works for me.
Closed Thread