Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #1  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Default God grant me the will power to resist......

EGG NOG!!!!!!!! RAWR!. I love it.. I bought some, but Im trying my best to go easy lol.. 1/2c 200cals... yowza
Old 11-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Why'd you buy it then if you find it so hard to resist? Why torture yourself? If there's something I can not resist and for me that's LOTS of things, I absolutely will not have it in the house. Have a couple of sips and get rid of the darn thing. I'd rather throw away my money then drink it all up.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #3  
a brave new me...

If you must have it for the holidays...buy the light version and mix in some skim milk.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #4  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

egg nog, me too...sooo hard to resist! And of course they start putting it on the shelves in october! i'm going to check out the silk nog (soy). Maybe its less fatty
Old 11-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #5  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

I feel for ya. Eggnog is definitely a weakness of mine. I wish it came in smaller cartons so I could just have a one-serving treat.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

I've never had egg nog in my life. Guess I won't be starting now, either.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I love eggnog but won't buy it because it is so high in calories (especially if you add alcohol!!). Yesterday, I saw that Coffee Mate has come up with several holiday flavors, including egg nog. It may be just close enough to the taste without having to have so many excess calories!
Old 11-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #8  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I'm not an egg nog fan but there are other treats that I sometimes buy for myself that I worry I'll have trouble controlling my portions with. My new rule is that I can buy these things and so long as I stick with whatever I have decided in advance is a reasonable portion and work it into my calories for the day, I can eat it. But if I start to eat more of it than I decided on in advance (or what is listed as a serving on the package), I have to throw it all out. Knowing that I won't get to eat any more of it if I don't stick with my portions helps keep me in line.

Like Fed Up, if I really think I'm going to have trouble with something, I just don't buy it.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #9  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by "fed"up View Post
Why'd you buy it then if you find it so hard to resist? Why torture yourself? If there's something I can not resist and for me that's LOTS of things, I absolutely will not have it in the house. Have a couple of sips and get rid of the darn thing. I'd rather throw away my money then drink it all up.

Im not tortured. I just dont want to drink it all winter like I did last winter lol. I have been doing this "weight control" thing for a really long time. I am almost at maintainence and the way i see it is, i should be able to have these things around my house for the occasional indulgence. I should know better than to be a gluten. I just love it so much that I would Looooove to have a large glass, but I wont, and I dont add alcohol, I like it right by itself.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #10  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2ShedLBS View Post
I dont add alcohol, I like it right by itself.

Honestly, I've always felt that the alcohol ruins the taste of it, lol. I kept expecting that to change as I got older and my tastes grew more "sophisticated", but it ain't happened yet!
Old 11-06-2006, 08:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I'm not an egg nog fan but there are other treats that I sometimes buy for myself that I worry I'll have trouble controlling my portions with. My new rule is that I can buy these things and so long as I stick with whatever I have decided in advance is a reasonable portion and work it into my calories for the day, I can eat it. But if I start to eat more of it than I decided on in advance (or what is listed as a serving on the package), I have to throw it all out. Knowing that I won't get to eat any more of it if I don't stick with my portions helps keep me in line.
BluetoBlue: I like your rule. There are many things I don't bring into my house because I know I would want to eat it all at once. However, your idea of letting yourself have it in the house with a specific amount allotted per day, and then throwing it out the moment it starts to get out of control is good. I'm not sure I'm ready to start bringing trigger foods into my house, but if I ever make it to a point where I'm ready, I'll try to remember your rule!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

I LOVE the coffeemate Egg Nog creamers for coffee.. I get the taste I love without all the fat and calories. This is just wonderful for me. As far as the light stuff goes, I actually prefer it to the thicker, sweeter full fat but am still mindful of the calories. It's especially good if you drink it ice cold with a small dollap of REAL whipped cream.. oh an indulgance I may partake in sooner rather than later... lol!!
Old 11-07-2006, 10:46 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2ShedLBS View Post
Im not tortured. I just dont want to drink it all winter like I did last winter lol. I have been doing this "weight control" thing for a really long time. I am almost at maintainence and the way i see it is, i should be able to have these things around my house for the occasional indulgence. I should know better than to be a gluten. I just love it so much that I would Looooove to have a large glass, but I wont, and I dont add alcohol, I like it right by itself.
I absolutely understand you about almost being at maintainence and I agree with you 150% that we should be able to have things that we love occasionally, but for ME, right now and I would think in the future too, although I'm certainly not anywhere near there yet, having it in the HOUSE is where I would go wrong. For ME it would be torture. I would prefer to eat it out. But you surely look like you know what you're doing, cause whatever it is you are doing is certainly working, because you look fantastic and you obviously have great self control.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #14  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I wish stores sold more things in single-servings. Like the eggnog, or chocolate, or cookies. I don't want a whole box of fudge-covered oreos, dammit. I just want two or three. But if I have the whole box in the house...there go my good intentions.

Although I recently found something I like. It's Hershey's, so it's not the best quality chocolate, but you can buy packages of single-wrapped "minibars". Not like the minis you buy for Hallowe'en candy, but...they're about the thickness of a pencil, and about half that length, and each one is only 60 calories. They come in all different flavors - mint chocolate, caramel chocolate, plain chocolate, dark chocolate - and I've got a package each of the mint and dark types. That's my after-dinner indulgence, I feel I can have one without much guilt since it's so small and relatively light on calories, but gives me the sweet taste and chocolateyness I'm craving.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #15  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

I love davinci's egg nog syrup. It is sugar-free, fat-free and doesn't have any calories (it is liquid splenda that is flavored). It is delish in coffee or even milk
Closed Thread